There are 232 users in the forums

Possible answer to 49ers 2 Wideout

Shop 49ers game tickets
I would take Phil Taylor, Ahtyba Rubin, Jabaal Sheard or Joe Haden for picks. Everyone else......meh.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
I would take Phil Taylor, Ahtyba Rubin, Jabaal Sheard or Joe Haden for picks. Everyone else......meh.

Maybe next year they'll trade Mingo, lol.
Originally posted by YungAce:
How is Kyle Williams still on this team?

Because he's the second best WR on the active roster.
The seemingly most obvious win-win trade scenario right now seems to be:

Lions trade RB Mikel LeShoure (and maybe picks)

FOR

Browns WR Josh Gordon or WR Greg Little

I'm not sure the 49ers get either of these guys.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

FOR

Supposedly the Browns are hot and heavy for Ben Tate of the Texans who will be a free agent, if true, not sure I see them trading for a RB.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

FOR

Supposedly the Browns are hot and heavy for Ben Tate of the Texans who will be a free agent, if true, not sure I see them trading for a RB.

IMO if it was not for Foster's recent success in the previous seasons Ben Tate would be the starter this year in Houston. He has looked really good in preseason and the first few games.
Just got a Bleacher Report alert saying Baalke is in discussions with Cleveland about acquiring Gordon!! f**kin do it!! A couple of second round picks maybe?
Schefter saying that it's unlikely though with Manningham coming back in a couple weeks and Crabtree next month.
Adam Schefter
Browns-49ers have discussed trade for WR Josh Gordon. Deal unlikely with Mario Manningham coming off PUP, Crabtree slated to return in Nov.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Jaguars claimed WR Stephen Williams from SEA off waivers.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Browns and 49ers have "discussed" a Josh Gordon trade, but that a deal is "unlikely."
Per Schefter, a deal is unlikely because Mario Manningham (knee) and Michael Crabtree (Achilles) are getting closer to returning, but we seriously doubt that would stand in the way of a trade if the 49ers were serious about acquiring one of the game's best young receivers. Cleveland's asking price and Gordon's off-the-field issues are the likely stumbling blocks. According to NFL.com's Ian Rapoport, the Browns would like a second-round pick in return. Gordon's talent is worth a first-rounder, but that's not all that goes into the equation. If it were, the odds would be extremely low the Niners could find a player as good in the first round of next May's draft.
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Adam Schefter
Browns-49ers have discussed trade for WR Josh Gordon. Deal unlikely with Mario Manningham coming off PUP, Crabtree slated to return in Nov.

To me there is just no question, of you can get Gordon for a 2nd you DO IT.

Boldin, Gordon, Manningham is a WR group you win a superbowl with. It takes us from having a huge WR problem to giving other teams problems with our huge WR group.

Boldin, Manningham, Williams gets us from having a problem at WR to having less of a problem at WR. But it doesn't make our offense suddenly much harder to defend.

Getting Gordon would open up a lot on offense and could be the move that gets us a sixth ring.

Do it!
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Adam Schefter

To me there is just no question, of you can get Gordon for a 2nd you DO IT.

Boldin, Gordon, Manningham is a WR group you win a superbowl with. It takes us from having a huge WR problem to giving other teams problems with our huge WR group.

Boldin, Manningham, Williams gets us from having a problem at WR to having less of a problem at WR. But it doesn't make our offense suddenly much harder to defend.

Getting Gordon would open up a lot on offense and could be the move that gets us a sixth ring.

Do it!

I would give no more than a 4th being with his off the field issues and current state with NFL drug policy. Santonio Holmes was delt to the Jets for a 5th round pick coming off a 6 TD 1,248 yards and SB winning catch from PIT. To me Gordon does not have the credentials for a 2nd round pick and with a stout WR class coming out next year I would rather save those picks.
49ers still in talks for Gordon;

http://www.clevelandleader.com/node/21632

Get er done
Barrows: 49ers poised to have two 2nd rounders... @RapSheet: Browns have talked to teams re: Josh Gordon, including #49ers. They'd like a 2nd rounder
Share 49ersWebzone