LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 233 users in the forums

Should the NFL take steps to reduce crowd noise in stadiums

Shop 49ers game tickets

Should the NFL take steps to reduce crowd noise in stadiums

Originally posted by London_Pride:
And you are ignoring the amplification and acoustic variable that is the stadium itself. Google Acoustic Mirror and come back to me.

I don't have to google it, I know what it is and how they work and how distance effects the sound pressure levels which you are completely leaving out of the equation. Jesus man you are ignorant of the subject...and stubborn.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
you totally do not understand what you are talking about...have a nice day.

There's a difference between saying someone is wrong and proving them wrong. I've presented facts and the mathematics, you continue to tell me you're an expert.

Maths and physics dont hold any bias they are life's truths.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
lol @ the both of you...

much like how a parabolic microphone can amplify a conversation from 300 yards away, the subtle concave of the roof on C-Link artificially amplifies the crowd noise back down onto the field of play. no diagrams or fractions needed to explain it.
And you are ignoring the amplification and acoustic variable that is the stadium itself. Google Acoustic Mirror and come back to me.

I don't have to google it, I know what it is and how they work and how distance effects the sound pressure levels which you are completely leaving out of the equation. Jesus man you are ignorant of the subject...and stubborn.

It's funny how he keeps completely ignoring the distance and how he's also googling all of this and trying to tell you how it works. LOL
You totally ignore how distance effects sound, you can google all the formulas you want, but that doesn't mean you understand how sound works, like I said in an earlier post sound looses power over distance exponentially, what you cut and pasted is only part of a very complicated equations with many variables. But you know what, have it your way, Seahawk fans are just naturally the loudest humans on the planet, congrats you guys can have that, I will take the Superbowl championships. I am tired of trying to teach you sound dynamics, I would have to charge you for that.

I dont give a monkeys about the record, just answering the falsehoods you want to spread using no evidence other than "I'm a sound expert".

Those 5 rings havent helped you so far since the realignment in 2002 have they?

Man you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground when it comes to this subject and you want to try and talk s**t? I am through feeding you troll. I presented evidence in my original post and you choose to ignore it, that's your malfunction. Those 5 rings show which franchise is the superior one by the way. As I said before and will say this final time, go learn about sound engineering then we can have this conversation, I feel like I am trying to teach a retarded chimpanzee how to do logarithmic algebra.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
It's funny how he keeps completely ignoring the distance and how he's also googling all of this and trying to tell you how it works. LOL

I notice memphis hasnt come up with any figures. What's the formula for the sound then, if we have that it should be a relatively simple calculation?
You totally ignore how distance effects sound, you can google all the formulas you want, but that doesn't mean you understand how sound works, like I said in an earlier post sound looses power over distance exponentially, what you cut and pasted is only part of a very complicated equations with many variables. But you know what, have it your way, Seahawk fans are just naturally the loudest humans on the planet, congrats you guys can have that, I will take the Superbowl championships. I am tired of trying to teach you sound dynamics, I would have to charge you for that.

I dont give a monkeys about the record, just answering the falsehoods you want to spread using no evidence other than "I'm a sound expert".

Seattle Seahawks- We may not have 5 rings but since the 2002 realignment we have 5 NFC West division crowns.
you totally do not understand what you are talking about...have a nice day.

There's a difference between saying someone is wrong and proving them wrong. I've presented facts and the mathematics, you continue to tell me you're an expert.

Maths and physics dont hold any bias they are life's truths.

Only when presented in their entirety and fully understood, which you are doing neither of. You can google brain surgery and not understand or be able to do it, which is what you are trying,lol
I notice memphis hasnt come up with any figures. What's the formula for the sound then, if we have that it should be a relatively simple calculation?

Scroll troll...
Originally posted by valrod33:

Seattle Seahawks- We may not have 5 rings but since the 2002 realignment we have 5 NFC West division crowns.

• boast
  • Hella Fame
oh and i am a sound expert. i'm an audio engineer with credentials on discogs.com

and there's this...

Built To Be Loud: A Chat With CenturyLink Field's Architect

But is all that noise solely The 12th Man's doing, or does it have to do with the architecture of CenturyLink?

"Well, it was built to be a great home field advantage," says Paul Greisemer, principal architectural director at AECOM, the firm that designed CenturyLink." The fact that it is loud is really kind of a result of a number of things that came about just through the design. It's on a very small site, comparatively to other stadiums, and because of that we had to compress the building very tightly. Fans are closer to the field than they are in most any NFL stadium today. So that combined with the desire to have a large roof covering, so fans are protected, really kind of combined the greatest of convergence of storms into a great environment."

Beyond the design, the materials used to build the stadium also contribute to the roar.

"It's a metal roof so it naturally is a very reflective surface. As is the seating bowl which is largely concrete. So there are a lot of those materials that are serving as sound mirrors, if you will, and bouncing the sound right back."

I asked Paul what where the loudest part of the stadium is.

"Luckily, it's right on the field, it seems, from all of the false starts that the visiting teams experience. The way the roof is angled, and the way the bowl captures all the sound that goes backwards and focuses it back towards the center of the stadium, you're pretty much going to get the maximum affect right at the players."

http://mynorthwest.com/874/2358028/Built-To-Be-Loud-A-Chat-With-CenturyLink-Fields-Architect
Originally posted by boast:
oh and i am a sound expert. i'm an audio engineer with credentials on discogs.com

and there's this...

Built To Be Loud: A Chat With CenturyLink Field's Architect

But is all that noise solely The 12th Man's doing, or does it have to do with the architecture of CenturyLink?

"Well, it was built to be a great home field advantage," says Paul Greisemer, principal architectural director at AECOM, the firm that designed CenturyLink." The fact that it is loud is really kind of a result of a number of things that came about just through the design. It's on a very small site, comparatively to other stadiums, and because of that we had to compress the building very tightly. Fans are closer to the field than they are in most any NFL stadium today. So that combined with the desire to have a large roof covering, so fans are protected, really kind of combined the greatest of convergence of storms into a great environment."

Beyond the design, the materials used to build the stadium also contribute to the roar.

"It's a metal roof so it naturally is a very reflective surface. As is the seating bowl which is largely concrete. So there are a lot of those materials that are serving as sound mirrors, if you will, and bouncing the sound right back."

I asked Paul what where the loudest part of the stadium is.

"Luckily, it's right on the field, it seems, from all of the false starts that the visiting teams experience. The way the roof is angled, and the way the bowl captures all the sound that goes backwards and focuses it back towards the center of the stadium, you're pretty much going to get the maximum affect right at the players."

http://mynorthwest.com/874/2358028/Built-To-Be-Loud-A-Chat-With-CenturyLink-Fields-Architect

For the record if you take your theoretical maximum limit of 126dB and have 67000 people do it at the same time then the recorded level would be 222.5 dB.

And I wonder why that's not the record. There must be more variables to the equation that you googled..
Only when presented in their entirety and fully understood, which you are doing neither of. You can google brain surgery and not understand or be able to do it, which is what you are trying,lol

Another avoidance of my question. If you are the sound expert as you say you should be able to tell me the sound drop distance and then factor in the amplification effect. Come on, humour me. Lets see some figures.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
And I wonder why that's not the record. There must be more variables to the equation that you googled..

Of course there is, just wanted you to be aware of the theoretical maximum 67000 sound sources could produce.
Share 49ersWebzone