LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 227 users in the forums

*** 2013 WEEK 1 NFL GAMEDAY THREAD 9/5 - 9/9 ***

Shop 49ers game tickets
Looks like we have a potential UPSET OF THE WEEK!
Take it easy on Chris Berman big 49ers homer he always picks the niners to win even we suck back in the days lol.
Vintage Philip Rivers. He looks good.
Texans getting torched.

And they are supposed to have one of the tough defenses in the league.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Rivers has had many incredible games over the years. Still vividly remember him shredding the Ravens in 2011, but the question with him and the Chargers has always been consistency. They lacked mental fortitude, as all Norv teams do.
Originally posted by vaden:
Rivers has had many incredible games over the years. Still vividly remember him shredding the Ravens in 2011, but the question with him and the Chargers has always been consistency. They lacked mental fortitude, as all Norv teams do.

Yup they tend to fold especially on the playoffs.
It's only week 1 but Houston seems kind of underwhelming. Schaub to me is Alex Smith in a Texans uniform. Maybe a little better arm, but not much. Rivers is obviously on a mission to prove the rumors of his demise are greatly exaggerated so I account for that, but GB threw the kitchen sink at us and it still wasn't enough. I believe they're better than Houston (3 AFC teams at best might make the playoffs if they were NFC) and we play Texans at home in a few weeks on SNF. That game looks more winnable than it did before tonight, even though all our games are realistically winnable. You know how Aldon loves playing in prime time and Schaub is immobile as they come. I'm just saying the % of beating them just went up, but of course "any given Sunday."
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nothing03:
Take it easy on Chris Berman big 49ers homer he always picks the niners to win even we suck back in the days lol.

He stopped picking the 49ers for awhile... and we "sucked" from 2003-2010 which isn't really "back in the day"
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Keenan Allen out there?
chargers are self destructing

WTF was that penalty?
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
WTF was that penalty?

yeah I missed what it was about...no one ran into the kicker?
"Hitting the center, a defenseless player."
[ Edited by mug0mug on Sep 9, 2013 at 10:01 PM ]
f**king 1 am right now on the east coast. need 17 yards from owen daniels to win in fantasy so ill stay up
Originally posted by ninermedic:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
WTF was that penalty?

yeah I missed what it was about...no one ran into the kicker?

The center cant be touched and a guy went over em.
Share 49ersWebzone