LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 305 users in the forums

*** 2013 WEEK 1 NFL GAMEDAY THREAD 9/5 - 9/9 ***

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Basically you can't go no-huddle all the time....ask Jim Kelly and the Buffalo Bills about it.
Originally posted by strickac:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Apparently the Redskins, the Giants, and the Jags are all still in preseason mode. It's the only explanation I can think of for then to play this sh*tty.

The Jags have been there for years. Seriously, they're in denial the Gabbert is ready to start. Henne is miles ahead of him, yet Gabbert gets the nod because he was the early pick. The only thing they'll be competing for is Clowney and the #1 pick.

I think the Jags are missing a couple of receivers from injuries so that a good part of being bad. Gabbert look the part of a decent qb, has size and a good arm. I don't think he has the mental aspect of the game to be decent. He looked bad yesterday. Like he's going through the motion of giving up. Hate to see that for an NFL player though. Depressing because that was the Niners a few years ago
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Sep 9, 2013 at 6:38 PM ]
Originally posted by kray28:
Basically you can't go no-huddle all the time....ask Jim Kelly and the Buffalo Bills about it.

This. Philly's defense is already suspect, if they run into a team that plays better than Division 3 college offense, they won't look so hot.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

And their 4 AFC championships and multiple HOF players.

4 Superbowl appearances?
RG3 isn't stepping into his throws like Gruden mentioned. His foot work is making these throws just off. He should be replaced until he get better from the injury.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Sep 9, 2013 at 6:41 PM ]
has RG3 completed a pass that wasnt a dump off?
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
RG3 isn't stepping into his throws like Gruden mentioned. His foot work is making these throws just off. He should be replaced until he get better from the injury.

Shanahan probably didn't even want him to start this game but he knows RG3 controls his fate there.
RGIII looks like he's laboring on runs, too. They are going to ruin that kid if he doesn't heal fully. One big hit and it's scary to think it could be a career ender.
Time to feed Brown and let McCoy rest.

Originally posted by Jcool:

And zero Superbowl wins to show for.. With an absolute loaded team including one of the greatest DE's in NFL history.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Bills should have beaten the Giants that one year. Seemed like that loss got into their heads for future SB's.
Originally posted by Jcool:

oregon never won it all...
[ Edited by ads_2006 on Sep 9, 2013 at 6:48 PM ]
KO
Not surprised to see the Eagles roll. I wouldn't want to be one of the first teams to face the Eagles. You knew Chip Kelly was going to unleash some crazy s**t. Teams will adjust once there is enough film.

This super high tempo offense is fun and all, but I still think sustaining long drives is the most effective way to play the game. Look what we did to the Packers on Sunday. They played high-tempo, often snapping the ball with 20 seconds on the play clock. They only managed 58 plays for the game because we controlled time of possession. Shortens the game, less opportunities for the opponent to score. That's the way to go.
Share 49ersWebzone