There are 289 users in the forums

Cam Johnson being traded to Colts???

Shop 49ers game tickets
Man, us Niner fans can justify anything! Hey, we're the 49ers...we can do anything we want! Haha. Alright, best of luck to the former hers and onto the active 46!
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
Originally posted by NCommand:
Wrong...he also had a 4th down sack to preserve a win and multiple QB pressures. I believe he also was at the top of the list for these as well. Then he also blocked a punt, score a TD and played well on coverage units. So again, what more can the guy do? And who played better with his opportunities? He was also pretty stout against the run.

Took him two years and the eighth preseason game he's played to do all that
Originally posted by Ether:
Don't you guys realize we didnt choose Skuta over Cam Johnson? The reason we traded Cam was because he is better than Skuta. Neither of them were going to be in the LB rotation with Lemonier being the main backup. Cam just had the game of his life and flashed potential. It's not often a 7th round pick from a year ago, coming off an ACL injury fetches his team an equal round pick the next year despite putting career regular season #s of 0 tackles, 0 sacks, 0 interceptions. If we could've traded Skuta and kept Cam, we would have. But no one is trading for Skuta.

Then you dump Stupar b/c Skuta can play ILB as well and keep Cam on as a ST player along with Skuta (both very good in this area). We have enough picks next year and a late 7th does nothing for you.
We love giving away valuable depth players for nothing. We don't need Harper to be a project to be the next Delanie Walker... We drafted Vance McDonald for a reason.

If we have injuries at OLB, we're screwed again. We traded away all the outstanding depth we had in Haralson and Johnson for literally nothing. What good are we going to get out of those 7th rounders? Unless those picks turn into late round gems, we got hosed.
Don't you guys realize we didnt choose Skuta over Cam Johnson? The reason we traded Cam was because he is better than Skuta. Neither of them were going to be in the LB rotation with Lemonier being the main backup. Cam just had the game of his life and flashed potential. It's not often a 7th round pick from a year ago, coming off an ACL injury fetches his team an equal round pick the next year despite putting career regular season #s of 0 tackles, 0 sacks, 0 interceptions. If we could've traded Skuta and kept Cam, we would have. But no one is trading for Skuta.

Then you dump Stupar b/c Skuta can play ILB as well and keep Cam on as a ST player along with Skuta (both very good in this area). We have enough picks next year and a late 7th does nothing for you.

lol you are crying because we just traded a 7th round pick, but you are saying they do nothing?
Originally posted by DRnSFw:
Wrong...he also had a 4th down sack to preserve a win and multiple QB pressures. I believe he also was at the top of the list for these as well. Then he also blocked a punt, score a TD and played well on coverage units. So again, what more can the guy do? And who played better with his opportunities? He was also pretty stout against the run.

Took him two years and the eighth preseason game he's played to do all that

You do know he and Fleming were on IR last year right?
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by monsterzero789:

lol you are crying because we just traded a 7th round pick, but you are saying they do nothing?

lulz

So you are saying we will get a top 50 player next year in the 7th d/t sickle cell again and he will return MORE next year for us than Cam would have this year, even if just on ST? Rare...
Originally posted by cwilson830:
Pretty disappointed in the crap compensation we've gotten on these last two trades.

you are right, we should have just cut them and got nothing

You're assuming they were going to get cut. One of which, I guarantee wasn't going to get cut. The other, probably the same.
You understand that Cam being traded was more than likely all planned because he was a bubble player that we expendable due to our LB depth. I'm cool with it

• 4ML
  • Veteran
NT is going through another over-reaction, once again. I liked Cam, but the dude had a couple of sacks against 3rd stringers and practice squad players. The dude was super inconsistent at the college level.

We have 4 OLBs...we'd be all right.

Everyone knows next years draft class is going to be great. Maybe we can pick up a gem late in the draft. Worth a shot. Cam was the Tolzien of OLBs on this board.
Ok we've been in the NFC CHAMPIONSHIPgame 2 times the SB an we r goin to quo Hab an Ballke

So you are saying we will get a top 50 player next year in the 7th d/t sickle cell again and he will return MORE next year for us than Cam would have this year, even if just on ST? Rare...

I dont think sickle cell trait is the only reason why he dropped, or that he was ever a top 50 talent no matter what Kiper or McShay have to say. I said before that i was a fan of Cam's since before we drafted him, but Baalke has proven that he can come up with late round gems (Bruce MIller, Daniels). Cam was on the verge of being cut just a couple of weeks ago and now people are acting like we just cut Aldon Smith. He was a 7th round pick, those are supposed to be hard to make the supposedly deepest roster in the league. The fact that we even got anything at all is awesome. Cam had better go buy Max Starks a rolex for parlaying that game into a 53 man roster spot in indy.
Originally posted by 4ML:
NT is going through another over-reaction, once again. I liked Cam, but the dude had a couple of sacks against 3rd stringers and practice squad players. The dude was super inconsistent at the college level.

We have 4 OLBs...we'd be all right.

Everyone knows next years draft class is going to be great. Maybe we can pick up a gem late in the draft. Worth a shot. Cam was the Tolzien of OLBs on this board.
This place cracks me up. He had a great game against a tackle that the Chargers released.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by redrathman:
I see misguided opinions based off poor knowledge and irrational emotional attachment.

I want you to look back through my post history on the zone and find an incorrect talent assessment. You'll find I don't make grandiose positive statements about unproven players because doing so is ignorant to the talent evaluation process of professionals.

When I see a poster specifically call out both Harbaugh and Baalke for their talent evaluation, I find it utterly hilarious that they believe their own opinion is of higher quality than the people the 49ers have hired at millions of dollars per year.

You're a hobbyist and they're professionals. Get over it.
wow, and people think i am on a high horse
Share 49ersWebzone