There are 268 users in the forums

49ers sign wr Chris Harper

Shop 49ers game tickets
Anything new with this guy? Or Baldwin?
Originally posted by DatNyjerSireez:
Anything new with this guy? Or Baldwin?

Nope. Both will likely be inactive all year. They could play a role next year. MM reported the 49ers could be looking to convert Harper to TE, similar to Delanie Walker.
Do you think they can glean anything from him regarding Seahawk plays, tendencies, etc for this weeks game?
Command, does Harper get cut immediately after the SEA game. He can't give us much more information on the seahawks after that. That would be interesting.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
gonna get cut

Right after the game -- leave his sorry azz in seaderrall!!
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Command, does Harper get cut immediately after the SEA game. He can't give us much more information on the seahawks after that. That would be interesting.

i don't think we got him mainly for info.. although he'll most likely be used as Walker 2.0 I think they see him as an Anquan Boldin replacement for the future. Physically built similar to Boldin and attacks the ball like Boldin.

there is a chance we might lose both Crabtree and Boldin in a couple of years. I think they are going to try to coach him up hoping he competes for a spot next year.
I know this...if you switch him to a TE in madden...he's an 81 and fast as crap.

(sorry mods, I know this doens't go here...just seemed like a good light hearted response) :) Go niners.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
wtf is this dudes problem.
lol
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Garcia:

do you mean Harper?

If so.....Harbaugh has been very candid that he is learning to be Delanie 2.0 -- meaning that he has to learn plays from the perspective of a TE, WR, and FB. If Baldwin, a former 1st rounder with 2 years of NFL experience, honestly needed until after week 3 to have a quality grasp of our offense than I'm pretty sure a rookie who is being converted from a WR will need a bit more time.

Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by Garcia:

do you mean Harper?

If so.....Harbaugh has been very candid that he is learning to be Delanie 2.0 -- meaning that he has to learn plays from the perspective of a TE, WR, and FB. If Baldwin, a former 1st rounder with 2 years of NFL experience, honestly needed until after week 3 to have a quality grasp of our offense than I'm pretty sure a rookie who is being converted from a WR will need a bit more time.

Exactly.
Originally posted by sfout:
do you mean Harper?

He'll take a good chunk of the season to digest the playbook....if we have command of the next Seattle matchup I could see him making an appearance - hopefully a nice snag in front of Pete's smug face on the sideline.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:

If we won, yes. LOL. We'll try again in December.
... still surprised he isn't even mentioned as WR option at the moment? Yes I know the aim is to develop him into "Delanie", but we kind need some WR help at the moment (that's breaking news I know lol).
[ Edited by Milkman on Oct 3, 2013 at 2:45 PM ]
Originally posted by Milkman:
... still surprised he isn't even mentioned as WR option at the moment? Yes I know the aim is to develop him into "Delanie", but we kind need some WR help at the moment (that's breaking news I know lol).

I'm waiting for him to get the Owen Marecic treatment any day now.
Share 49ersWebzone