LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 263 users in the forums

49ers sign wr Chris Harper

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 49erWay:
Punks all of them.

Can handle people with energy and character who haven't won yet but don't mouth off and just pay respect and give it all they have.

Seattle and their fans are the opposite of anything good. Just loud mouthed punks. I have never wanted to destroy a team or fan base like this ever. Not even the Raiders. At least they had respect while they acted crazy.

This is so true. Seattle's fans and the teams they support have done the impossible in one respect. Being from Sacramento, I have always loathed all teams from Los Angeles. However, because of how obnoxious, self-important, and infantile the Seattle Sounders' fans are, I have thrown my full support behind the Los Angeles Galaxy or, for that part, any team that plays the Sounders.

Also, being from Sacramento, I was disgusted by the way that Seattle Fan looked down its nose at the city of Sacramento during the attempted theft of the Kings from my hometown. Granted, Sacramento is not (at this point) a bustling metropolis, but the last thing I needed was the arrogance and condescension emanating from Microsoft's headquarters.

So, yes, I loathe the Seahawks because they are simply a reflection of their fans (or the other way around...you choose). And I can't wait for the 49ers to answer the question, "What's your deal," unequivocally. Our deal is that we own you and that you have been found wanting.

Go Niners!
Originally posted by redrathman:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by maxsmart:
The Chargers tackle was Max Starks who has ~100 NFL starts. Use to be pretty good

Operative phrase being "used to be." Now he's terrible, would make Kwame Brown look like an All-Pro. He's one of those guys that Bill Walsh would have cut about 2-3 seasons prior before he plummeted to the bottom.

This guy would make for a heck of a red zone target. Unstoppable!
Originally posted by redrathman:

LOL............son of a b***h......I meant Kwame Harris...doh, strong fail on my part.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
The Chargers tackle was Max Starks who has ~100 NFL starts. Use to be pretty good

Operative phrase being "used to be." Now he's terrible, would make Kwame Brown look like an All-Pro. He's one of those guys that Bill Walsh would have cut about 2-3 seasons prior before he plummeted to the bottom.

Umm...Harris?
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by Garcia:
I think Cam feasted on some really bad players. He will be a decent player in this league but no world beater.

And then he was cut.

He was cut mostly because Cam kicked his ass. But Starks has been good for over 8 years. Starks started almost every game at OT for the Pittsburgh Steelers over the last 8 years, so he was no slouch.
[ Edited by maxsmart on Sep 2, 2013 at 10:55 PM ]
Originally posted by Wrathman:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Originally posted by GNielsen:
The average Wonderlic score last year among receivers was about 18, which is what Jon Baldwin scored. Anquan Boldin scored a 31 and I can't find the article, but i think Marlon Moore was in the 30's. So Harper's 33 is far above average.

As we know, Wonderlic scores rarely relate to NFL success. It can't hurt, but it doesn't necessarily help. A couple of years ago, Alabama QB Greg McElroy scored a 48 and he's still on the Bengals practice squad.

Well those scores aren't bad, but I'm curious, which group has the lowest wonderlic score?

I don't think wonderlic relates to a lot of success but it should show that the guy has a good work ethic and is willing to study, which I hope is what Harper is doing right away with the playbook.

Exactly, you have to at least be smart enough to digest a playbook.

And hopefully smArt enogh to recite the Seahawks play book to us .
Originally posted by matthewabbit:
Originally posted by Wrathman:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Originally posted by GNielsen:
The average Wonderlic score last year among receivers was about 18, which is what Jon Baldwin scored. Anquan Boldin scored a 31 and I can't find the article, but i think Marlon Moore was in the 30's. So Harper's 33 is far above average.

As we know, Wonderlic scores rarely relate to NFL success. It can't hurt, but it doesn't necessarily help. A couple of years ago, Alabama QB Greg McElroy scored a 48 and he's still on the Bengals practice squad.

Well those scores aren't bad, but I'm curious, which group has the lowest wonderlic score?

I don't think wonderlic relates to a lot of success but it should show that the guy has a good work ethic and is willing to study, which I hope is what Harper is doing right away with the playbook.

Exactly, you have to at least be smart enough to digest a playbook.

And hopefully smArt enogh to recite the Seahawks play book to us .

Don't know if a rookie can tell us much other than what was worked on and give insight on strengths and weaknesses
Chris made a smart choice coming here though. A guy that smart knows how to distinguish the real from the fake. He knew both in the short and long term he would fare better here
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Sep 2, 2013 at 11:07 PM ]
harper was picked 5 picks before niners took patton..I wonder if they take harper if he and patton are both available for that niners pick

and if they projected harper as a tight end in their predraft evaluations.,,if so they probably take patton as they had already taken a tight end in McDonald

funny how things work...niners lose a tight end project when browns sign gray then pickup an arguably better project in harper
looks like he has the jump catch syndrome.

Originally posted by hofer36:
harper was picked 5 picks before niners took patton..I wonder if they take harper if he and patton are both available for that niners pick

and if they projected harper as a tight end in their predraft evaluations.,,if so they probably take patton as they had already taken a tight end in McDonald

funny how things work...niners lose a tight end project when browns sign gray then pickup an arguably better project in harper

Pre draft I had Harper pencilled in as a TE project because of the similarities to Delanie and when SEA got him I thought they had the same thing in mind or maybe they just wanted a Boldin clone. I really think Patton was mostly a BPA pick but also one for WR depth and protection against Crabtree possibly leaving being that they already had AJJ and they probably expected more from him. Well things work out to where we lose Gray but gain Harper who is more similar to Delanie than Gray though I still think that Gray has immense potential once he fully makes the transition
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Sep 3, 2013 at 5:35 AM ]
He was able to switch from quarterback to wide receiver after 5 games at Oregon and still had some pretty productive games that year. After that he transferred to Kansas state. I hope he can pick up the tight end position as quickly, because he really could be another Delaney Walker with better hands.

http://www.goducks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=1550423
Originally posted by hofer36:

Agreed. He could be a younger, cheaper, and maybe better Walker. And we get to stick it to the Seabuzzards in the process. Jenkins notwithstanding, if there's on thing HarBaalk has proven is they they are tops as talent evaluators, which is why teams predictably raided our castoffs.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
He's more muscular than Delanie.
Originally posted by mayo49:
He's more muscular than Delanie.

I dont know about that...Delanie was 6 feet and 240 and ripped coming out of college, a beast. Harper was 6'1 and 229, a monster in his own right plus he performed exceptionally well on the bench press.
Share 49ersWebzone