LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 417 users in the forums

which cuts get picked up on the wavier

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
RT @mattbarrows: Kansas City claimed #49ers CB Marcus Cooper off of waivers. he's on the Chiefs 53-man squad. #49ersmidwest

Chiefs picking up errbody!
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by bret:
MarQueis Grey goes to Cleveland too per Eric Branch. Damn!

That sucks !!

Oh well. Cleveland sucks so it's no skin off our nose.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
it's so obvious gray would get claimed. what were they thinking? come on, baalke. did you not see the writing on the wall? and you go with celek, who is so generic and replaceable, and leave gray, who's going to be a playmaker. pure stupidity.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by xcfan:
it's so obvious gray would get claimed. what were they thinking? come on, baalke. did you not see the writing on the wall? and you go with celek, who is so generic and replaceable, and leave gray, who's going to be a playmaker. pure stupidity.

Its a chance you make, and I would've loved to have seen them keep Gray over Stupar or Ventrone.

That sucks !!
basically we traded Gray for Marecic.

I really believe that is why we cut Gray. But I think our coaches are thinking too much....just trying to get a player (Marecic) who will play offense for us, and maybe defense if we ever need...

where as the Browns released him because they felt he was no good anywhere....and got a pretty good project that blocked well in preseason and if he can show he can catch in this league, will be a major steal for them imo.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Sep 1, 2013 at 1:49 PM ]
Originally posted by ninerjok:

That sucks !!

I think the Browns might surprise some folks this year....they play in a tough tough division..but they might beat other teams outside of it.

if Old Man Weeden plays in the regular season, how he played in Preseason...yeah they could be good... they have a very good RB, and are adding weapons on offense like with Gray.

we coached up Gray how to become Walker 2.0, and now the Browns will benefit from it.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Afrikan:
basically we traded Gray for Marecic.

I really believe that is why we cut Gray. But I think our coaches are thinking too much....just trying to get a player (Marecic) who will play offense for us, and maybe defense if we ever need...

where as the Browns released him because they felt he was no good anywhere....and got a pretty good project that blocked well in preseason and if he can show he can catch in this league, will be a major steal for them imo.

comparing gray's and marecic's nfl talent is laughable. gray is clearly ahead. harbaugh's man-crush has got the best of him.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by ninerjok:

That sucks !!

I think the Browns might surprise some folks this year....they play in a tough tough division..but they might beat other teams outside of it.

if Old Man Weeden plays in the regular season, how he played in Preseason...yeah they could be good... they have a very good RB, and are adding weapons on offense like with Gray.

we coached up Gray how to become Walker 2.0, and now the Browns will benefit from it.

Cleveland, the old AAFC rival

It would be fun to see that team achieve something for a change
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
cutting gray is the stupidest cut i can remember in a long time. there's a handful of easily replaceable nobodies on the roster, and we cut a future starter-quality player--just...plain...stupid.
Originally posted by xcfan:
cutting gray is the stupidest cut i can remember in a long time. there's a handful of easily replaceable nobodies on the roster, and we cut a future starter-quality player--just...plain...stupid.

You got yo'self a man crush.

• buck
  • Veteran
Oh yeah, one more: I'm probably way off on this one, but with Vince Young getting cut, maybe the Packers would give Scott Tolzien a look. Nah, maybe not...

good call.
I don't remember one single thing Gray did all preseason
The less news the better, it will still give us an ounce of hope that we can bring him back.

For the last time, Hawkins is not PS eligible, hes been in the NFL for awhile and has done nothing of merit. Hes not coming back.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Sep 1, 2013 at 2:18 PM ]
Originally posted by monsterzero789:

Annual Webzone tradition, cry about some random scrubs that were cut, talk about what a HUGE loss it will be, but then be nowhere to be found when the aforementioned scrubs look like....well scrubs for their new teams.

Does anyone here still think Nathan Palmer was a major loss?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by monsterzero789:

Annual Webzone tradition, cry about some random scrubs that were cut, talk about what a HUGE loss it will be, but then be nowhere to be found when the aforementioned scrubs look like....well scrubs for their new teams.

Does anyone here still think Nathan Palmer was a major loss?

Good call!
Share 49ersWebzone