LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 242 users in the forums

The Owen Marecic Convertible MG of Specialness

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by RMuTT1981:
Well, because this guy wasn't cut for cap room or personal issues, this guy was cut cause he sux. 3rd string. No Parys here.

And also at a position for us that seems to be pretty well filled, FB/ST is not a glaring weakness. Well maybe ST, but I don't see him being better than anyone who is on the team now.

By the end of the season you're going to be delicately hanging off his nuts, I promise you this. Trust HarBaalke.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Aug 31, 2013 at 11:11 AM ]
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
vatrone is a former cleveland guy too

wtf man, this team loves them cleveland special teamers

Costanzo was a former Cleveland guy too.....OH NOEESSSSSSSSSSS

I hate the logic that people use that acquiring players from crappy teams means acquiring crappy players. Maybe, just maybe, a big reason why those teams are crappy is mediocre coaching and the inability to properly utilize talent.

This exactly.

Seely
Obviously, the coach knows more than we do. JH has got us this far and I won't question his judgment here either until he is proven wrong

Costanzo was a former Cleveland guy too.....OH NOEESSSSSSSSSSS

I hate the logic that people use that acquiring players from crappy teams means acquiring crappy players. Maybe, just maybe, a big reason why those teams are crappy is mediocre coaching and the inability to properly utilize talent.

like we were a couple years ago
That whole blue-collar ethic that Harbaugh preaches......Marecic is the physical embodiment of all of that..and then some.

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2013/08/report-49ers-to-sign-harbaugh-favorite-owen-marecic.html

Owen Marecic, who epitomized the always-hustling, do-everything player Jim Harbaugh covets when the two were at Stanford, is joining the 49ers roster, according to CSN Bay Area. Marecic played both linebacker and fullback for the Cardinal when Harbaugh was the head coach. Marecic was cut by the Browns earlier this week and passed through waivers.

Here's Harbaugh on draft day two years ago when asked about Marecic, who was drafted as a fullback in the fourth round by Cleveland:

"We did everything we could to get him here and we came up short on that one," he said. "Cleveland got an outstanding football player in Owen Marecic. Like Trent (Baalke) said, I'm going to be, in my mind, associated with Owen Marecic for a long time and following him and his career. I'll be a fan because I love the way he plays football. I texted him and said we tried. It didn't happen. That was one that we didn't get that is a 49er kind of guy and Cleveland will be very happy with him and that was a heck of a job by them."

Originally posted by Marvin49:

Seely

Needs to go.

Special teams have been consistently bad on the Niners. Arguably cost the Niners last years SB.
Originally posted by Rsrkshn:
Needs to go.

Special teams have been consistently bad on the Niners. Arguably cost the Niners last years SB.

Not sure if serious...............2011?

Last year was a major personnel issue, they realized they made errors when they dumped Costanzo and Jones and have worked to rectify them, Marecic is part of that.
Originally posted by RMuTT1981:
Well, because this guy wasn't cut for cap room or personal issues, this guy was cut cause he sux. 3rd string. No Parys here.

And also at a position for us that seems to be pretty well filled, FB/ST is not a glaring weakness. Well maybe ST, but I don't see him being better than anyone who is on the team now.

By the end of the season you're going to be delicately hanging off his nuts, I promise you this. Trust HarBaalke.

Hold you to it.
a little surprised by this

Originally posted by outside4949:
I think theres a big suprise coming. maybe lmj or goodwin

Nobody's ready to step in for Goodwin this season. Not gonna happen now, but maybe next year.
  • HERN
  • Veteran
We should've signed Michael Robinson instead.
Originally posted by HERN:

hell no f**k that guy

He has some kind of injury that's going to keep him out of action for a few weeks.

Stopped liking him once he cheap shotted KW while he was sitting on the ground at SEA. Dirtbag move!
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Aug 31, 2013 at 11:51 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone