There are 177 users in the forums

The Owen Marecic Convertible MG of Specialness

Shop 49ers game tickets
Miller has been really good. What are they going to do with this guy?
  • titan
  • Veteran
"Just a thought" Harbaugh beefs up RB position for a decent price to get rid of Gore and his salary to sign young upcoming free agents we have?
Originally posted by RMuTT1981:
Why? Why?

Just kinda weird, someone who has busted their ass for the 49ers is going to get cut for this guy?

For Harbaugh's little buddy?

A guy who gets cut by the freakin' Browns? The Brown's? Not even good enough to be a special teams "ace" for the sheetiest team in the NFL, and he's gonna come here and replace somebody?

I will be genuinely upset if Big Dixs gets cut for this guy.

Dude better be a Baller.

Never thought I'd say it but THIS. No way they cut Dixie with LaMike being hurt. No clue who they cut though.
why
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
Why? Why?

Just kinda weird, someone who has busted their ass for the 49ers is going to get cut for this guy?

A guy who gets cut by the freakin' Browns? The Brown's? Not even good enough to be a special teams "ace" for the sheetiest team in the NFL, and he's gonna come here and replace somebody?

Dude better be a Baller.

Never thought I'd say it but THIS. No way they cut Dixie with LaMike being hurt. No clue who they cut though.

Might be Skuta since Cam is emerging.
Originally posted by titan:
"Just a thought" Harbaugh beefs up RB position for a decent price to get rid of Gore and his salary to sign young upcoming free agents we have?

marecic doesnt beef up the RB position, only slows it down.

We wont get rid of Gore this year
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
@KyleBonagura: The #49ers will sign former Stanford FB Owen Marecic (just released by Browns), per league source. A Harbaugh favorite from the Farm.

I called it.........SIGN HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEM NAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

No but seriously, Marecic is the only former player of Harbaugh's that I've heard of him calling the guy personally after he was picked by another team and saying "sorry, we tried to get you."
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Aug 31, 2013 at 11:05 AM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by ads_2006:

this, lol
  • titan
  • Veteran

No not this year! We have Kap,Upati,Aldon contracts coming up. I can almost guarantee there would be no big $$$ going to RB position.
I think theres a big suprise coming. maybe lmj or goodwin

Originally posted by outside4949:

LOL......will people stop with this nonsense already.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Why? Why?

Dude better be a Baller.

Guys get brought in after cuts every year. How is this different?

Well, because this guy wasn't cut for cap room or personal issues, this guy was cut cause he sux. 3rd string. No Parys here.

And also at a position for us that seems to be pretty well filled, FB/ST is not a glaring weakness. Well maybe ST, but I don't see him being better than anyone who is on the team now.
[ Edited by RMuTT1981 on Aug 31, 2013 at 11:08 AM ]
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by outside4949:

That would be crazy!
vatrone is a former cleveland guy too

wtf man, this team loves them cleveland special teamers
[ Edited by ads_2006 on Aug 31, 2013 at 11:07 AM ]
vatrone is a former cleveland guy too

wtf man, this team loves them cleveland special teamers

Costanzo was a former Cleveland guy too.....OH NOEESSSSSSSSSSS

I hate the logic that people use that acquiring players from crappy teams means acquiring crappy players. Maybe, just maybe, a big reason why those teams are crappy is mediocre coaching and the inability to properly utilize talent.
Share 49ersWebzone