LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 272 users in the forums

The Owen Marecic Convertible MG of Specialness

Shop 49ers game tickets
My guess is it cost Ventrone or someone like that their roster spot and Marecic plays on Special Teams. Harbaugh loved him because of his attitude and his versatility.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
My guess is it cost Ventrone or someone like that their roster spot and Marecic plays on Special Teams. Harbaugh loved him because of his attitude and his versatility.

So it's special teams and ?
Originally posted by pelos21:
Lol@ the rebirth of Cleveland football.

The Dog Pound will be waiting a few more years for that rebirth. That team is still bad...
Originally posted by AmpLee:
I wonder if this move puts Skuta outside the bubble.

Don't think so. They already traded Haralson to make some room at OLB.
[ Edited by SoCal9er on Aug 31, 2013 at 10:41 AM ]
Originally posted by SoCal9er:

The Dog Pound will be waiting a few more years for that rebirth. That team is still bad...

The team is stupid bad. How could a team be so bad. they have NO talent....maybe joe thomas and phil taylor.
[ Edited by pdizo916 on Aug 31, 2013 at 10:41 AM ]
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

What else did Ventrone do?

Backup Fullback/LB and special teams
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by titan:
He will end up a backup TE. Since VD will be a WR

Then they could cut Celek since he hasn't shown much improvement.

I really think so. In 2 TE sets and using him as the 2nd TE to just pound someone and giving Davis rest or outsideWR. I am really happy with Vance McDonald. I think he can be our No.1 TE.
Can only assume that he's a special teams ACE. Otherwise it seems like a totally sensless move driven by nostalgia.
Of course this is still just a rumor.

Lord knows the Niners need shoring up critically in their special teams.
A good first move would be firing that sorry a$$ Seely - assistant HC or not.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

What else did Ventrone do?

Backup Fullback/LB and special teams

As long as he fits and doesn't cost us Boobie or miller
He will end up a backup TE. Since VD will be a WR

Then they could cut Celek since he hasn't shown much improvement.

I really think so. In 2 TE sets and using him as the 2nd TE to just pound someone and giving Davis rest or outsideWR. I am really happy with Vance McDonald. I think he can be our No.1 TE.

Vance is a monster. I hope they cut Celek and try to develop Gray on the practice squad.

Wonder who the surprise cut will be now, besides Jennings :(
I wonder if this move puts Skuta outside the bubble.

Don't think so. They already traded Haralson to make some room at OLB.

Skuta would be behind Cam and Lemonier to play OLB. He's strictly a special teams guy.

Their original plan was for Skuta to be an ILB and they moved him outside. Cam Johnson looks a bit raw to me. Played one helluva game in SD, but still has room for improvement. That's a pretty solid group of OLBs.
Originally posted by pdizo916:

The team is stupid bad. How could a team be so bad. they have NO talent....maybe joe thomas and phil taylor.

New regime. A total makeover. Give 'em a chance to show what they bring.
Why? Why?

Just kinda weird, someone who has busted their ass for the 49ers is going to get cut for this guy?

For Harbaugh's little buddy?

A guy who gets cut by the freakin' Browns? The Brown's? Not even good enough to be a special teams "ace" for the sheetiest team in the NFL, and he's gonna come here and replace somebody?

I will be genuinely upset if Big Dixs gets cut for this guy.

Dude better be a Baller.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Posted this in other threads but:

From what I read Browns fans were really really happy to get rid of him. Don't see the point when we have Miller. He'd just be backup FB and maybe ST guy?

Also can play LB in the 49ers system don't forget.
Share 49ersWebzone