There are 266 users in the forums

The Owen Marecic Convertible MG of Specialness

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by threelittlebirds:
I don't really understand the need for a backup FB

hes not just a FB, he is a ST ace too
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by redrathman:
Yeah, SanDiego49er might be one of the more knee jerk reactionaries on this board. If he doesn't get up in the morning and rage about the 49ers, he isn't alive.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/153846-san-francisco-49ers-selects-bruce-miller-central-florida/page5/

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
That's the dumbest thing I ever heard in my life. To take a guy who was one of the best sack artists in his league and try to force him into becomming a FB. A position he never played before at any level. The guy got so many sacks for a reason... And there are OLB pass rushers his size. At least try him there first for goodness sake...This is the type of guy the WZ faithful will gleefully call "bust" or "wasted pick" in a year or a few years. But you see we busted him! We are asking him to play something he never played before and is not comfortable with. Rather than the super productive defensive player he was. OLB pass rusher would be perfect for him. He can rush the passer and was productive at it. Try him there!
you can laugh at S D if you want but he has a right to be concerned about this move when our larger priority should be a d tackle for dorsey. now they sound like they did work out a guy today which is good news but i think its a little unfair to cherry pick posts. you can do that to anyone to try to make them look foolish but what is the point. again i share concerns with S D about signing a fullback when we already have one, it is not a need and the bigger need is a DT for depth for this sunday

I can literally spend my entire night quoting posts in which SanDiego49er completely overreacted but I have laundry to do.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/151208-baalke-actually-has-a-pair/
Anthony Davis - F
Iupati - A
Mays - D - (can't cover)
Bowman - C (may have future)

Lombardi had good player personnel experience. Baalke was a area scout not long ago. He was promoted up because there is a comfort zone there with Jed.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/151024-rest-nfl-must-really-think-poor-team/
Yorks are going to get run out of town soon. And 49ers will be in Southern CA in short order with a real owner who will build a championship franchise. $8 Million / Year no object for the best HC. A real owner.

That whole thread is full of hate and knee jerking. It's a great read. Classic SanDiego49er.
Could have sworn this thread was about Marecic, not SanDiego49er.

Mah bad for thinking otherwise...

So has anyone figured out this signing yet, or is still an enigma wrapped inside a riddle?

I actually liked Marecic at Stanford, tough legit 2-way player...but like most everyone else wondering what's the motive behind signing a guy to ostensibly be a 3rd string FB and ST when there are more pressing needs.
Originally posted by socal9er42:
Originally posted by jreff22:
dont get this move...

Any chance this is primarily just a move to further improve ST?

dont think so....who would we sit for a 2nd FB?
Originally posted by NinerGM:
They miss Delaine Walker more than they're willing to admit.

Theyre just not comfortable using mcdonald in that role yet....give it a few games....
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
Like I said, this team is slowly deteriorating under Harbaugh.

yes

bring back alex and let him coach as well

gtfo you asshat
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by ads_2006:

yes

gtfo you asshat

lol
Originally posted by ads_2006:

yes

gtfo you asshat

ass sombrero
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
What we can expect from Marecic, seems like Colt McCoy depended on him quite often:

Well since our WR didn't do much against Seattle, Harb's wanted to try and send two fullbacks out on deep passes....That might confuse the Seahawks enough to actually work.
[ Edited by TexasGuero49 on Sep 18, 2013 at 1:06 PM ]
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
we have no need for marecic. why is he here? someone said he was a ST ace; not true, he's only ok. john conner is a more effective blocker--which is 90% of the job. if harbaugh wanted a versatile fullback to backup, he should've drafted that harvard guy his brother drafted.
One team's trash is another's treasure...nobody knows what Marecic can do better than Harbaugh. The Browns are still a bad team...so their fans can crow all they want about how happy they are to get rid of him. Could well just be a case of being in the wrong place...Cleveland's a team many a player have gone to "die".
Originally posted by Kolohe:
What we can expect from Marecic, seems like Colt McCoy depended on him quite often:

He appears to be able to adjust to poorly thrown passes better than Bruce Miller (2 drops last week on such plays), but other than that, Bruce looks more fluid an athlete. I wonder what's going on here.
can someone tell me a few occasions where a player was used wrong and went somewhere new and The coach utilized him better. besides a QB. please bc saying that harb will know how to use him is stupid. If the player is good then he can f**kin figure out how to be productive in his predicament. the dude is not good and will do nothing for us. mark my words. Harb just wanted to get one of his former fave players some money. he probably has financial problems or something.
Share 49ersWebzone