LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 152 users in the forums

The Owen Marecic Convertible MG of Specialness

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GoldandGarnet:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
There's a lot to like, he's an incredibly hard worker, a guy that amps up everyone else, will do whatever you ask of him, no questions ask, never quits on a play, he's a lot like Costanzo without the weird locker room issues that he supposedly had.

What do you mean?

He goes for that sweet stuff.
Originally posted by Muggins:

Still don't know what you mean.
This was the guy Harbaugh felt horrible not being able to draft back in '11 (also a player I wanted us to get so bad, not knowing how Miller would have turned out beforehand), which we opted to use that 4th on Hunter.

-Cool stuff though, now we have both Hunter and Marecic.
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Aug 31, 2013 at 6:25 PM ]

Me neither. He liked donuts?
Originally posted by darkknight49:

angel
angel dust
amoeba
animal trank
aurora borealis
black whack
dummy dust
dust
elephant
embalming fluid
fry
juice
ozone
rocket fuel
sherms
wack
yellow fever
zombie
peace pill
herb
chronic
weed
pot
endo
reefer
mary jane
grass
cheeba
bone
leaf
nugs
fuzzies
midis
buds
hash
ganja
spliff
joint
blunt
blaze
hippie fruit
cannabis
j
doobie
skunk
ecstasy
extasy
E
X
XTC
Adam
love drug
hug drug
roll
acid
boomer
yellow sunshine
cid
dose
trip
hit
purple haze
microdot
roofie
rophie
roche
roach
roach-2
R-2
rib
roopie
rope
ropie
ruffie
forget-me pill
circle
Mexican Valium
coke
Charlie
crack
snow
blow
rock
flake
lady
yay
rails
nose candy
toot
white
co-co puff
powder
fluff
sniff
smack
junk
H
jack
horse
dope
special k
K
vitamin k
ket
kit-kat
cat valium
amp
blue belly
crank
crystal
la glass
speed
zoom
gofast
tweak
white cross
white crunch
hillbilly heroin
poor man's heroin
oxy
OC
Oxy Cotton
Oxy80
kicker
There is no point to him. Bruce Miller is faster. Where are we going to play him? And who from the 53 are we going to cut to put this guy on the roster so we can never play him? LB? No way he is going to play that on our team? Special teams? We are going to cut from the 53 just so Owen Marecic can be on the roster?

This move is rediculous and makes no sense. If he can't make the Cleveland roster what in world is he going to do on our roster?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
There is no point to him. Bruce Miller is faster. Where are we going to play him? And who from the 53 are we going to cut to put this guy on the roster so we can never play him? LB? No way he is going to play that on our team? Special teams? We are going to cut from the 53 just so Owen Marecic can be on the roster?

This move is rediculous and makes no sense. If he can't make the Cleveland roster what in world is he going to do on our roster?

We just have to trust Harbaugh, SanDiego. He had him at Stanford and knows how he's going to use him. It won't hurt to give it a try.
What do you mean?

There were reports about Costanzo just having been a really weird dude in the locker room, ranging from just being an oddball in a not-so amusing way to him being kind of pervy.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
based on my own opinion, i think schepler is a more destructive blocker than marecic.

August 30, 2008, Ahmad Brooks was released from the Cincinati Bengals. It isn't always about who you get cut from. Sometimes it just doesn't work out for a guy.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

A microphone never looked more phallic.
I rather have Owen Marecic than Nate Stupar. Stupar only started 7 games at Penn State at OLB. Marecic started 14 games at ILB and 4 years at FB at Stanford.
If you wish to bash this move then please tell me why you want Stupar over Marecic.
Are we sure this isnt Owen Marecic being signed to the practice squad and not to the 53 man roster? Does he have eligibility?

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/153846-san-francisco-49ers-selects-bruce-miller-central-florida/page5/search=Bruce%20miller

That's the dumbest thing I ever heard in my life. To take a guy who was one of the best sack artists in his league and try to force him into becomming a FB. A position he never played before at any level. The guy got so many sacks for a reason... And there are OLB pass rushers his size. At least try him there first for goodness sake...

This is the type of guy the WZ faithful will gleefully call "bust" or "wasted pick" in a year or a few years. But you see we busted him! We are asking him to play something he never played before and is not comfortable with. Rather than the super productive defensive player he was. OLB pass rusher would be perfect for him. He can rush the passer and was productive at it. Try him there!

Yeah. I'm going to default to Harbaugh in evaluating fullback talent. Maybe he's going to replace Dobbs and Tukuafu in the jumbo package. Maybe he's going to play special teams. Either way, I'm not thinking it's the dumb move I've ever seen.
Share 49ersWebzone