LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 296 users in the forums

Haralson....

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Btw...I'm cracking up reading Saints forums. I like Parys and all, but some of them think they just got Lawrence Taylor.

One has a quote from a 49er fan somewhere calling Parys "our best LB". WTF?

Uh....I don't even think he was the 5th best LB on the team.

let them have their fun lol. we have been doing the same s**t here with the baldwin and boldin trades. at the end of the day, theyre still the saints and they have no defense+harelson
Originally posted by Wisconsin49erfan:
But the question remains....why MUST the niners cut Haralson? He was playing well (very well). He would be a very useful backup if on of the starters went down.

I think I figured it out, however....

Special teams! More emphasis is being placed on special teams and room needs to be made on the 53 for players who are primarily ST contributors. Thus, the need to cut Haralson.

Lol. It's all good bro but I think myself and several others have been saying that all day. :-)
Originally posted by Rsrkshn:
Sad to see him go.
A quality guy who put in the work, remained professional and gave his all. I realize that its business, but to me he was the quintessential Niner.
All the best to him going forward.

yeah, I think Boobie was referring to him with his last tweet.

it was tough watching Parys on the sidelines...especially in the SuperBowl. Although he says that he learned alot watching from the sidelines, it just seemed like he was an outsider out there....you could see it in his face.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Aug 26, 2013 at 11:47 PM ]
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by Rsrkshn:
Sad to see him go.
A quality guy who put in the work, remained professional and gave his all. I realize that its business, but to me he was the quintessential Niner.
All the best to him going forward.

yeah, I think Boobie was referring to him with his last tweet.

it was tough watching Parys on the sidelines...especially in the SuperBowl. Although he says that he learned alot watching from the sidelines, it just seemed like he was an outsider out there....you could see it in his face.

He'll definitely be missed in that locker room.
I stopped liking dude after Vernon whupped his ass in front of errbody.

Oh yeah, and that game losing missed tackle in the open corner;

^
solid reasons to stop liking a player on your team....lol.
We got a 7th for him?! If true what a rip off!!!!
I wanted to be greedy and get a 5th round pick. But expected a 6th. We ended up getting a 7th. Under normal circumstances, I'd be against it, but Baalke has shown that he can find talent in any round of the draft. Regardless, I think the Saints got the better of this trade simply because they are without question getting a guy that will start. As the old saying goes, one man's trash...
Originally posted by luis1985:

we were going to cut him

sooo, a 7th is better than nothing
Originally posted by RonMexico:
we were going to cut him

This.

Did they atleast include a bag of sh#t with the 7th? SMH. Well on the bright side atleast it increases Lemons playing time this year, he was awesome in preseason and impressed the hell outta me with his speed and hustle
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
we were going to cut him

This.

Saints aren't stupid unfortunately, they knew we were shopping him so were obviously looking to potentially cut him. They could have waited for cuts and tried to sign him but potentially been in a bidding war in which case we'd get nothing and they may lose.

Giving us a 7th is basically the best that was going to happen all round, Baalke's good but even he won't get a 4th or 5th for a guy that we've indicated we're going to cut.
[ Edited by Buchy on Aug 27, 2013 at 12:59 AM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
we were going to cut him

This.

Sighh.. This
Originally posted by luis1985:

we were going to cut him

The thing is, Scuta is not better than Haralson. Haralson is not a bad player. I think the team was thinking a year ahead, maybe thinking that it's better to get something for him now, rather than nothing for him when he is eventually released in the future.

I'm still a little perplexed. Haralson would have been good insurance. I guess Lemonier is ready to go, despite the fact that Haralson was ahead of him on the depth chart.

Haralson is worth more than a 7th, but I guess we have so much depth right now, its better to get something for him now.
P.Haralson is going to be missed in the locker room. Good luck in New Orleans! Now V.Davis really has a reason to whoop yo ass without holding back.
Share 49ersWebzone