Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
We got to the Superbowl without him last year. We added Lemonier who I think will bring more to the team THIS year (yes as a rookie) than Haralson would have brought last year.
I like Haralson but Lemonier is an upgrade. People shouldn't be looking at What-Ifs like what if Aldon, Brooks, and Lemonier go down!

But that is what happened last year. We only had 2 servicable. OLBs and one was playing with a shoulder injury.

We still have two serviceable OLBs and two question marks. Terrible trade.

Yes, because Haralson coming off an injury that kept him out the whole year isn't a question mark. Dude didn't make it out of training camp last year and before that, wasn't even that productive. SMH

I guess you missed the pre-season games and his career as a niner before the injury.

I guess you missed the fact that the guys who traded him have watched him every day for the last few years, and they watched the other guys who were competing against him every day, day in and day out, while you sit and watch pre-season games and read the internet.

Btw, I've followed Parys since he was a freshman at Tennessee, and have followed this team since the 1960's so you shouldn't make silly assumptions.

OH So these guys are PERFECT evaluators huh? They can't make mistakes huh? they haven't made mistakes huh?

I COULD'VE TOLD YOU IT WAS A f**kIN MISTAKE TO TRADE FOR MCCOY....but no, I don't have that pedigree, that experience.

sometimes I wonder why some of these decision makers don't work for one team their own careers...especially since they watch these players every single day and make perfect decisions.

Not perfect. Just better than me and you.

I heard the same response from the Webzone, when Nolan was here.

Did you just compare Nolan and Harbaugh?
I cant believe all this animosity over a mediocre player. After shopping him all day a 7 rounder is all the interest be garnered. This should tell everyone just what the rest of tbe front offices think of him. Im pretty sure Balke didnt say lets find a team willing to give a 7 for this guy and leave it at that. If he was going to be cut anyways why not get late round draft pick.
Beat me to it again. Damnit, get out of my head!!
We got to the Superbowl without him last year. We added Lemonier who I think will bring more to the team THIS year (yes as a rookie) than Haralson would have brought last year.
I like Haralson but Lemonier is an upgrade. People shouldn't be looking at What-Ifs like what if Aldon, Brooks, and Lemonier go down!

But that is what happened last year. We only had 2 servicable. OLBs and one was playing with a shoulder injury.

Yes, because Haralson coming off an injury that kept him out the whole year isn't a question mark. Dude didn't make it out of training camp last year and before that, wasn't even that productive. SMH

I guess you missed the pre-season games and his career as a niner before the injury.

I guess you missed the fact that the guys who traded him have watched him every day for the last few years, and they watched the other guys who were competing against him every day, day in and day out, while you sit and watch pre-season games and read the internet.

Btw, I've followed Parys since he was a freshman at Tennessee, and have followed this team since the 1960's so you shouldn't make silly assumptions.

OH So these guys are PERFECT evaluators huh? They can't make mistakes huh? they haven't made mistakes huh?

I COULD'VE TOLD YOU IT WAS A f**kIN MISTAKE TO TRADE FOR MCCOY....but no, I don't have that pedigree, that experience.

sometimes I wonder why some of these decision makers don't work for one team their own careers...especially since they watch these players every single day and make perfect decisions.

well both are stubborn so there are comparisons.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
if we weren't going to get that much...how come we didn't trade him to Denver? If the Saints were going to give us a 6th...but Denver would've gave us a 7th...I'd send him to Denver to be honest.

With the Saints...forget that he would face us...but he has faced our Offense in practice this season as well as watched and helped our defense in practice last season...i'm sure the defense has chatted up about how to try to slow down Kap and our running backs...little things they have noticed.

then you have him knowing our defense and what we try to do....him going to the Saints, who already have a potent offense...well.

I'm sure it doesn't make THAT much of a difference...but I think what ever little difference it does make might just be enough to f'with us come regular season or the playoffs.

I totally agree here. Ship him to a place that we don't have to contend with

Imagine a healthy Parys teamed up with Broncos... now imagine the Niners facing them in the SB

F**K saints and f**k broncos... Niners are not scurred

We would potentially play the Saints twice...and only the Broncos once. I'd take my chances on the Broncos in the SB...

But your right Fuk the Saints, and Fuk the Broncos

oh yeah, damn saints are on our schedule (i forgot).... oh well, time for them to get the paper bags out or (better yet) a box

BTW, wouldn't it be funny if saints meet up with CAWKS in the wildcard... saints get revenge and beat them, then we beat saints
Originally posted by kingairta:
I cant believe all this animosity over a mediocre player. After shopping him all day a 7 rounder is all the interest be garnered. This should tell everyone just what the rest of tbe front offices think of him. Im pretty sure Balke didnt say lets find a team willing to give a 7 for this guy and leave it at that. If he was going to be cut anyways why not get late round draft pick.

I think people don't get the concept of a situation dictating compensation just as much as a players talent. We did trade a 6th round pick for Anquan Boldin. Why? BECAUSE HE WAS GOING TO BE RELEASED.

well both are stubborn so there are comparisons.

And they both coached this team and have father's who were coaches. That's where the comparison ends.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Beat me to it again. Damnit, get out of my head!!

I was hoping we could maybe get a 5th out of NO since their LB core has been hit with major injuries
The team has one of if not the best linebacking corp in the league. I see no reason to doubt the teams ability to properly evaluate linebacker quality. Worried about back ups lb is not nearlh as important then back up WRs. The last two years that has been our Achilles heal. Not depth at LB. Sure the defense was disadvantaged but not near as bad as the offense.

Originally posted by 5280High:
Originally posted by boast:
7th round pick huh? So stupid, and I'd tell that to Baalke in his face.

its not that it was a 7th round pick, more so where we sent him to... I'm sure the f**king Broncos or Raiders would've gave up a 7th round pick.

it seems like it wasn't that the Saints were desperate, more so we were to hurry and make a move. What just so we have one extra roster spot for this week to decide on Travis Johnson or that other unknown Backup Fullback #45..or some other scrubs that were not going to make the team anyway?

Saints aren't even favored to win their own division

I wouldn't be surprised to see them finish last in their division.

Thats a stretch, its hard to think Sean Peyton and Drew Brees are gonna do anything less than 8-8. They arent as complete as Atlanta, but Carolina or Tampa Bay arent world beaters either.

Tampa will be so much better this year with Revis, Goldson, and Banks in the secondary with a very solid front 7. Doug Martin in his second year with a very good OL, WR's, and Freeman (I think) taking the next step.

I think Cam Newton will have a terrific year as well. They added two of the best DL's in the draft in Lotuleilei and Short. Kuechly is an absolute stud LB.
Sure Peyton is back and Brees is great but they don't have a very good run game and are instilling a new defense.
to be fair, I never felt it was Harbaugh that made or pushed for this decision.
Parys would not have made a difference last year. He's not an effective pass rusher, period. The problem late last year was pass rush, and Parys is not the answer. Lemonier is. That's why he's in, and Parys is out. Not that hard to understand. Sorry if I'm getting pissy, but I'm tired of making this obvious point only for it to fall on deaf ears.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Aug 26, 2013 at 9:51 PM ]
I think people don't get the concept of a situation dictating compensation just as much as a players talent. We did trade a 6th round pick for Anquan Boldin. Why? BECAUSE HE WAS GOING TO BE RELEASED.

Not everyone has learned the cost-benefit equation.. though I'll be honest, thought we would get more than a 7th for him. However, whenever fans start to worry just remember this phrase "in Harbaalke we trust." The offseasons go soooo much more smoothly and less aggravating with that mentality.

But to trade would mean taking his contract as well. That was a big sticking point. I doubt PHs contract was much of a factor.
Share 49ersWebzone