LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 277 users in the forums

Are the Chiefs your 'second team' now?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Are the Chiefs your 'second team' now?

Originally posted by susweel:
for some people on this site the Chefs are now their first team.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
You basically just said you like watching other teams play football...so you like watching football. That's not the same as having a second team, lol.

I love watching any football game.. and would always have a preferred team in most games. (except GB vs DAL or a few others)

I thin people are just whining and getting bent out of shape over semantics. As long as the 49ers come first? No one should give a damn what other team preferences someone may have.

I love watching any team play, I just love watching football period. Wouldn't call myself a "fan" of any team other than the 49ers of course.

bolded ^
I've even heard some men go as far as having a "favorite AFC team" lol

get that weak sh*t outta here son
Originally posted by Ballistic:
I've even heard some men go as far as having a "favorite AFC team" lol

get that weak sh*t outta here son

nope. deal with it and get on with your life. You could love golf, synchronized swimming, the Jaguars, or even the opera... and I wouldn't give a damn or try to insult you for it.

Be better than this.
Chiefs have always been a "second" team to me as I live 3hrs from K.C. Getting Alex makes their season a lot more interesting to me.
I really care about the Chiefs winning so the Niners benefit! As far as Alex goes I will not root against him but won't feel any sense of "pride" if he does well. Truth is he was never great just good...
f**k the chiefs, there is no second team, only the 49ers. there is no room in my blood with all the gold
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
There is 7 years of negatives and 90% of the NFLPA are as classy as Smitty.

Good guy..just sucks at QB

I disagree. And so do his stats. He's just not a "flashy" QB and people mistake that as a bad QB. 18/19 his last game 3 td's his last game? Sucky QB's don't do that.

If Smith can start stretching the field he will be one of the best in the league. If he continues to play what we've seen the last 2 years he is still a good QB that will win the Chiefs some games.

To say the guy sucks, just shows some hidden agenda. You have always wanted a flashy QB. It bothered many that he wasn't. I honestly understand that. But to completely diminish Smiths style of play because he "didn't go downfield" enough is sad. Guy started with a 2-14 team and took them one play to the SB. It may have taken 8 years but if you think he could magically take some of those teams to the playoffs you don't know football. Not to mention he didn't play a couple of those years yet everyone blames him for losing seasons in which were none of his fault.

He doesn't suck, but he isn't as good as you want him to be.

What's truly funny is some people refuse to blame him for ANYTHING, others blame him for EVERYTHING.

When the team was losing, people said it's a TEAM EFFORT. Yet when the TEAM gets to the NFCC game, Alex gets the credit. What happened to that whole "team" concept? Especially since the defense was the primary reason for that season's success (anyone who thinks otherwise doesn't "know football," as you say).
they are my most hated team

Originally posted by RonMexico:
they are my most hated team

my new favorite poster
Lived and died with Alex from the time he was drafted #1. However, he's yesterday's news. The longer you follow the NFL the more you realize a players longevity is Not For Long.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by Empire49:
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
There is 7 years of negatives and 90% of the NFLPA are as classy as Smitty.

Good guy..just sucks at QB

I disagree. And so do his stats. He's just not a "flashy" QB and people mistake that as a bad QB. 18/19 his last game 3 td's his last game? Sucky QB's don't do that.

If Smith can start stretching the field he will be one of the best in the league. If he continues to play what we've seen the last 2 years he is still a good QB that will win the Chiefs some games.

To say the guy sucks, just shows some hidden agenda. You have always wanted a flashy QB. It bothered many that he wasn't. I honestly understand that. But to completely diminish Smiths style of play because he "didn't go downfield" enough is sad. Guy started with a 2-14 team and took them one play to the SB. It may have taken 8 years but if you think he could magically take some of those teams to the playoffs you don't know football. Not to mention he didn't play a couple of those years yet everyone blames him for losing seasons in which were none of his fault.

He doesn't suck, but he isn't as good as you want him to be.

What's truly funny is some people refuse to blame him for ANYTHING, others blame him for EVERYTHING.

When the team was losing, people said it's a TEAM EFFORT. Yet when the TEAM gets to the NFCC game, Alex gets the credit. What happened to that whole "team" concept? Especially since the defense was the primary reason for that season's success (anyone who thinks otherwise doesn't "know football," as you say).

Funny how you fail to give Alex any credit though. Your own words "the defense was the primary reason". It goes both ways on that one. 5 interceptions, a miraculous comeback after the defense gave away two td's in 2 minutes. Team record for comeback winning drives, that was Alex. The defense can't have game winning drives. So yeah, heard it all before. Everybody but Alex, same concept you are accusing me of. I've never blamed a single position or player myself. Giants were the better team in '11 and Baltimore was the better team in '12. Team, not QB but team.

People can hate the Chiefs all they want, that's their choice and I understand. What I don't understand is the infatuation with him by these people. He's gone, I'm happy he's gone, good riddance. Why you still around? I'm a fan of his, so that why I'm here.
[ Edited by JiksJuicy on Aug 13, 2013 at 7:12 PM ]
LOL... I'm a 9er fan. I don't have a 2nd team. I hope the Chiefs win 8 games and Chase Daniels has a career year....
Second team? Who does that #killyoself!
Share 49ersWebzone