There are 278 users in the forums

Teddy Bridgewater-QB-Saints

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by hohbie:
Originally posted by KajunNiner:
Broncos will end up trading them Sanchez

I dont think Vikings trade for Sanchez. Broncos will have to cut him anyway to save their pick. Vikings have the best situation by far, so if they want Sanchez they can just wait.

I expect them to talk to us about Kaepernick, Browns about Josh McCown, and Bengals about AJ McCarron. I think AJ is obviously the best option, but would be the most expensive. I think it would likely take a 2nd rounder to pry him away from the Bengals, but Im sure Zimmer has some close connections there, so maybe they could make it happen. I think it would be a 5th-7th to get McCown or Kaepernick.

i cant see them going after McCarron because he will come with a steep asking price. Probably would be too steep for a player that will only play one season and then serve as a backup to Bridgewater. Plus there is a lot of uncertainty with McCarron's ability to be a starting QB. Cant see the Vikings doing that

Vikes have to go for a older veteran who has the ability to do just enough to get to the playoffs. Honestly i dont think thats Shaun Hill and McCown is highly questionable and super inconsistent.

As much as i would love the Vikes to go after Kap, i just dont see it thanks to Kap sitting down during the national anthem. Cant see most GMs bringing him on until there is more clarity on the situation. Right now, Kap is a media circus.

Bucs have stated that they are not interested in trading Glennon

Thats leaves Mark Sanchez. This is where id put my money. A horrible QB but has done enough to make a GM think he can do enough.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Shaun Hill's knack for being a mediocre backup QB that gets a starting job is uncanny. Opportunity finds him. The next QB he backs up should be scared.

Happy for Shaun Hill. We did him dirty here.

How did we "do him dirty"? Alex Smith took his job back, and almost got us to a SB in 2011. Hill is a career backup who played like a solid fill-in while he was a 49er. He wasn't owed anything.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Shaun Hill's knack for being a mediocre backup QB that gets a starting job is uncanny. Opportunity finds him. The next QB he backs up should be scared.

Happy for Shaun Hill. We did him dirty here.

How did we "do him dirty"? Alex Smith took his job back, and almost got us to a SB in 2011. Hill is a career backup who played like a solid fill-in while he was a 49er. He wasn't owed anything.

Keep hearing from a contingent of Niner fans that no QB in the world could have succeeded from 2004-2010.

Shaun Hill went 10-6 in that time. And then was replaced.
[ Edited by SteveWallacesHelmet on Aug 31, 2016 at 11:32 AM ]
Wait wasn't Bridgewater the reason they were decent team last year? Why is he on the chopping block all of a sudden?
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by thuggathugga:
Wait wasn't Bridgewater the reason they were decent team last year? Why is he on the chopping block all of a sudden?

he's not. he's just had a season-ending knee injury.
[ Edited by luv49rs on Aug 31, 2016 at 11:51 AM ]
Originally posted by luv49rs:

Oh snap!
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame

Oh snap!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/teddy-bridgewaters-gruesome-injury-reportedly-153352820.html
S

Oh snap!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/teddy-bridgewaters-gruesome-injury-reportedly-153352820.html

Ooooh. Spiceyyyy
He's gonna miss this year and half of next year. Dislocated knee and torn ACL
Originally posted by lamontb:

from people who saw the injury, seems similar to Raider running back Napoleon McCallum's infamous injury at Candlestick Opening Monday night in 1994

Originally posted by Jamespowers:

from people who saw the injury, seems similar to Raider running back Napoleon McCallum's infamous injury at Candlestick Opening Monday night in 1994

I just checked out and holyyy, legs aren't supposed to bend that way...
Originally posted by Jamespowers:

I just checked out and holyyy, legs aren't supposed to bend that way...

just horrible..
  • lazy
  • Veteran
NFL on ESPN ‏@ESPNNFL 2m2 minutes ago
Updated season projections for the Vikings following the injury to Teddy Bridgewater.

Originally posted by lazy:
NFL on ESPN ‏@ESPNNFL 2m2 minutes ago
Updated season projections for the Vikings following the injury to Teddy Bridgewater.

8 wins without the starting QB? haha no way.

6 win season, and with our luck they get the 1st overall pick over us
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
8 wins without the starting QB? haha no way.

6 win season, and with our luck they get the 1st overall pick over us

you don't think shaun hill's gonna light it up?

Share 49ersWebzone