LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 222 users in the forums

*** WEEK 1 NFL PRESEASON GAMEDAY THREAD 8/8 - 8/11 ***

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Wilson will look a whole lot better with a healthy and productive Lynch. Wilson excels off play action but no one bites on play action when there is no beast mode. Wilson is no Kap though at least from what I saw today

He certainly is not. Kaep is a prototypical pocket passer who can run like the wind while Wilson is a scrambler. I just can't wait until Seaduck fans realize this. They are currently in severe denial.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Aug 8, 2013 at 10:25 PM ]
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Once the first quarter's over there is no reason to watch any of these games anymore except for our Niners of course.

Yep.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Bradford getting a TD pass early in the second quarter so he can finally come out of the game LOL.

Looks like Chris Givens is the #1 in St Louis.

Seemed to me, and I may be wrong. But it seemed like Fisher was pushing every play to the RB. To see how they would handle it. Seemed like he used this game as a let's see.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Hawks haven't shown much yet.

Looks like you spoke to soon... Wilson just cant be tackled or sacked....

Yeah but can he keep doing that and sustain success? Great jukes but 2/6 for 26 yards. Sometimes his scrambling throws off the timing of the plays.

Best I got watching this game w Charger fans (including my love):

So you think THIS is Super Bowl preview?

Me: yep. Them or hawks.

Them: You think Denver is in SB?? Tons of expletives. Zero response about SF or Seattle.

AFC fans are like little children.
Originally posted by RedAlice:
Once the first quarter's over there is no reason to watch any of these games anymore except for our Niners of course.

Yep.

6 points for your team last night? That must have been brutal to watch all 4 qtrs.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
that pass to Moore was a thing of beauty. You're not supposed to be able to do that.

Just the opposite for me. . .
First teamers aren't really going to show anything special, just getting in game shape. Whereas the rookies, players new to the team, new at a position or part of a group with great depth are the ones given the chance to sh!t or shine.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Baccari Rambo had his welcome to the NFL moment last night. Chris Johnson shook him and took it 60 yards for a TD.

2/6 23 yards R. Wilson

Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Wilson will look a whole lot better with a healthy and productive Lynch. Wilson excels off play action but no one bites on play action when there is no beast mode. Wilson is no Kap though at least from what I saw today

He certainly is not. Kaep is a prototypical pocket passer who can run like the wind while Wilson is a scrambler. I just can't wait until Seaduck fans realize this. They are currently in severe denial.
You're right we should ignore those pesky in the pocket stats he put up last year and embrace the fact he's just a scrambler. You do realize half our starters on the offensive line and Miller our best blocking TE did not play, not to mention lynch.. It was the first pre-season game, he'll be just fine..

what did concern me was even when he scrambled and extended plays, the recievers were not getting seperation, that was a problem last year as well in the first half of the season. hopefully this will improve as the pre-season goes on.
[ Edited by hawker84 on Aug 9, 2013 at 10:56 AM ]
Originally posted by hawker84:
You're right we should ignore those pesky in the pocket stats he put up last year and embrace the fact he's just a scrambler. You do realize half our starters on the offensive line and Miller our best blocking TE did not play, not to mention lynch.. It was the first pre-season game, he'll be just fine..

what did concern me was even when he scrambled and extended plays, the recievers were not getting seperation, that was a problem last year as well in the first half of the season. hopefully this will improve as the pre-season goes on.

Very true, all the first team lineman didn't play but those that did didn't look all that great. Okung got pushed back on more than one occasion and even on plays where Wilson had time he still held the ball way too long and looked to run before passing. You can look at al the stats you want but if you honestly don't believe Wilson is more of a scrambling qb, then you're looking through some seriously rose tinted glasses my friend.
stats don't lie, neither does game film, i've watched every seahawk game last year more than once, have you? Yes in the first half of the season he looked to run first, scrambled out of the pocket too soon, but in the second half this was not the case.

Last night he scrambled because he had to, not because he wanted to, and he held onto the ball too long on occasions because the recievers were not getting open.
RW did his part, the O line and recievers did not. . If you think RW is a scramble first QB, then you would be incorrect,
[ Edited by hawker84 on Aug 9, 2013 at 1:01 PM ]
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Lulz @ Sanchez throwing a pick 6 to Ziggy Ansah.
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Nice start to the eagles pats game
Share 49ersWebzone