LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 221 users in the forums

Officials warn players: Spinning the ball can result in a penalty

Shop 49ers game tickets
This is completely rediculous. Everything they do is to ruin the league.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
This is completely rediculous. Everything they do is to ruin the league.

No
Fun
League
It's about time we've placed a precedent on this issue
  • thl408
15 yards is a game changing penalty. A 5 yard penalty would be sufficient. Some personal fouls are worse than other personal fouls and should be penalized by yardage accordingly.
The rule is totally stupid and taunting aka touchdown celebrations adds character to the sport. Regardless of how I or the players feel this is now officially out in the open. The players have been warned and they now know what will happen should they decide to protest the rule on the field.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
This is stupid. I've never heard a single complaint about a player spinning the ball. Nobody cares. They want them to be emotionless robots out there.

this
This is the league that fines a guy for not wearing his socks correctly.
first players spin the ball, next thing you know they are aaron hernandez. god bless roger goodell for taking a stand on this dangerous issue.

Originally posted by calinig4life:
No Fun League

This
Only way it should be a penalty is if the ball hits an opposing player. Otherwise wgaf.

I like it, these dances are getting dumb, it was cool when only a few players did it but now everybody and their momma has a dance
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
the commissioner is steadily ruining the game

by design...no one could possibly come up with so many stupid rules and ideas (e.g. eliminate kickoffs, more reg season games/teams overseas) unless they have challenged themselves to see if they can turn a multi-billion $$ juggernaut into a niche sport with a tiny fan base.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
no fun league
I found a toenail clipping in the carpet
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
if I was a player I would do this just to make the league look stupid for calling this a penalty.
Share 49ersWebzone