There are 159 users in the forums

Riley Cooper - Yes or No ?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Riley Cooper - Yes or No ?

NO to Reily.

Wake up already! If TO was worth spit one of 32 teams would have signed that that piece of crap.

TO is done - Stop playing w/yourself.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
TO

Lol

this.

are you freaking kidding me? people need to get over the TO thing. it ain't gonna happen. EVER!

Why don't we try out Cris Carter and Jerry Rice too?

i bet Cris Collinsworth hasn't lost a step.
Hell NO! This locker room is amazing, dont need to start bringing in divisive players.

That said, Im starting to feel bad for the kid. In no way am I defending him but he very well may lose his career over one drunken minute. There's players who beat their wives and girlfriends, are dog fighting kingpins, kill someone in a DUI and caused shootings in the NFL and they get a second chance where as this guy is dead on arrival to any locker room he goes to. Again, not defending him but in the perspective of things no one died or got hurt physically and he's basically done over a 20 second phone video. WPP
[ Edited by 5280High on Aug 5, 2013 at 8:37 AM ]
Hell to the NO
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
Absolutely NOT
And and I don't buy the BS that he was "drunk" either. Just because someone is holding a beer in their hand, doesn't mean they're intoxicated. No racists on the 49ers, thanks.
Originally posted by SaksV:
Absolutely NOT
And and I don't buy the BS that he was "drunk" either. Just because someone is holding a beer in their hand, doesn't mean they're intoxicated. No racists on the 49ers, thanks.

No racists but we can have gay haters and drunk drivers
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:

Racists have killed more people than gay-haters (is that even an actual word?) and drunk drivers combined. Thanks for playing.

Racists have killed more people than gay-haters (is that even an actual word?) and drunk drivers combined. Thanks for playing.

where did u get those statistics?
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
What a horrible comparison.
If a player gets charged with a DUI and then returns to the locker-room, his teammates aren't placed in a position to question whether or not that player secretly hates them because of the color of their skin.

You can't compare racism with drunk driving. It isn't expected that everyone understand this topic because not everyone has had to deal with racism.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
where did u get those statistics?

American History 101

If a player gets charged with a DUI and then returns to the locker-room, his teammates aren't placed in a position to question whether or not that player secretly hates them because of the color of their skin.

You can't compare racism with drunk driving. It isn't expected that everyone understand this topic because not everyone has had to deal with racism.

Pretty much all races have dealt with racism, just some more than and differently than others. As to Riley, he would most likely not be accepted here and to TO he unfortunately burned his bridges with this franchise and fan base. He definitely could have been a candidate here when DAL released him all the way until he got injured but there are some residual scars that haven't healed in SFO
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Pretty much all races have dealt with racism, just some more than and differently than others. As to Riley, he would most likely not be accepted here and to TO he unfortunately burned his bridges with this franchise and fan base. He definitely could have been a candidate here when DAL released him all the way until he got injured but there are some residual scars that haven't healed in SFO

Pretty much.... but not all. And the ones that haven't are typically the ones who advocate that it be swept under the rug........most likely because they benefit from it.
I'm not going to turn it into a thread on race but it grinds my gears when people downplay racism as if it has little to no effect on our daily lives.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
I'm curious, is there anyone remaining in the 49ers organization that was around during T.O.'s tenure here? If not, I'm willing to bet these so-called scars that haven't healed exist on the body known as the 49ers Fanbase...
[ Edited by SaksV on Aug 5, 2013 at 9:49 AM ]

I dont think Riley Cooper has killed anybody

What about the Gay Hate?
I'm curious, is there anyone remaining in the 49ers organization that was around during T.O.'s tenure here? If not, I'm willing to bet these so-called scars that haven't healed exist on the body known as the 49ers Fanbase...

Try the York family. They were in power when TO left and it wasn't a pretty sight to see to say the least. Knowing what we know of Jed York and how he cares for this franchise, I am sure that he didn't nor did his parents appreciate TO's exit at the time. And yes, racism is still present but I have found it easier to advance a lot of conversation by smoothing things over when possible because a lot of people get defensive when discussing the issue. It is just a touchy subject in this country
Share 49ersWebzone