LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 216 users in the forums

Kendall Hunter

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Gore better retire a niner. YOU HEAR ME FKN BAALKE! U MOTHERf**kER!

wasn't around when Bill Walsh was coaching huh? well actually with some of your posts Chaz, I think you were born in the Seifert years eh?

but back to Walsh....it was tough, but he felt he had to let players go before they started to decline. Heck he would try to get them to retire..lol.

I've always been ready for Gore to take less carries...but one thing I think some are taking for granted about Gore is his durability. Anyone can want to see Hunter/James/Lattimore starting...but will they stay on the field as much as Gore? I mean even when it seems like Gore is injured, he fights his way back on the field.

eventually I wanted us to have Hunter starting with James spelling him and Dixon as the change of pace back...late game back to close it out. I personally think that Dixon will move on next year..he brings alot as a player, from running/pass blocking/run blocking/special teams. I think a team will give him a true chance and pay him more than we can/wiling to offer. But thankfully that is where Lattimore comes in.

I think it'll be Hunter, Gore, Lattimore in a season or two.

some might wonder why others are so high on Hunter over Gore.... well Hunter gives the defense a few things to worry about. Gore is more of a down hill runner. Hunter can do both...and has just as good vision as Gore. BUT will Hunter be able to stay on the field, like what we have come to expect from our starting RB...because of Gore.
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
or he'll be disgruntled and sign somewhere else because we don't use him..

he deserves his spot back it makes no sense to sit on this potential the run and screen game could be the most potent in the nfl easily ALL 3 backs can do it..

instead.. they give them to anthony dixon

I am confused. How you feel about Dixon again?
gore is not even close to being done. the guy keeps looking better and better every week. his vision and patience has and will continue to lengthen his career. hunter will get his chance soon enough
Originally posted by Bluesbro:

that he's a good short yardage back and special teams players

running screens with dixon make about as much sense as putting justin smith on the slot wr
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
Originally posted by Bluesbro:

that he's a good short yardage back and special teams players

running screens with dixon make about as much sense as putting justin smith on the slot wr

ya thats kilgore's spot
not a good day for him....got lit up a couple times and fumbled
he's not a power back. he's a back that finds a crease and hits it. why they ran power with him instead of getting him to the edge i don't know
I think 2011 Hunter was the best and then 2012. I think part of it is because he isn't fully back to his old self and part of it is the play calling. He was at his best in 2011 with our creative run plays. We won't be moving on from Gore any time soon. Hunter and James certainly aren't the future. Hopefully Gore restructures next year to save us some money and maybe adds a year (through 2015) because right now looks like we can't move on until Lattimore is good to go.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Nov 11, 2013 at 2:38 AM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:
I think 2011 Hunter was the best and then 2012. I think part of it is because he isn't fully back to his old self and part of it is the play calling. He was at his best in 2011 with our creative run plays. We won't be moving on from Gore any time soon. Hunter and James certainly aren't the future. Hopefully Gore restructures next year to save us some money and maybe adds a year (through 2015) because right now looks like we can't move on until Lattimore is good to go.

I wouldn't bale on Hunter too early, he has looked good this year and is still recovering from his injury. He runs hard, and I think he will be a part of this offense for the next few years. Still not sure he can't be Gore's replacement eventually, although of course hopefully Lattimore is the world-beater we think he can be
I rather see james used in the passing game, hunter in the backfield and james in the slot man talk about passing options either one of those guys could be deadly to take it. Would love it if roman could figure out that kyle Williams screens don't work cause he can't catch the fing ball...

i was wondering if anyone else picked up on tirico saying something about hunter complaining about his role? i was aware of LMJ's insurance tweet and dixon's comments a week or two ago, but was unaware of hunter complaining too. or is this just tirico getting our rb's mixed up?
Originally posted by crabman82:
i was wondering if anyone else picked up on tirico saying something about hunter complaining about his role? i was aware of LMJ's insurance tweet and dixon's comments a week or two ago, but was unaware of hunter complaining too. or is this just tirico getting our rb's mixed up?

probably mixed up. haven't heard anything but he should be complaining.

if he's in then the defense knows what we're going to run. an edge run to either side.
no rb can succeed like that.
Originally posted by crabman82:

I think Tirico was getting the backs mixed up. The NIners have a million of them.

Although maybe there was something about Hunter complaining that everyone but Tirico missed.
[ Edited by JoeBart324 on Nov 26, 2013 at 9:55 AM ]
I'm sorry but none of our backs can do s**t for us on those damn stretch plays. Call something else Roman
Hunter- 8 carries for 12 yards
Dixon- 3 carries for 13 yards

Yes I know it was "garbage time" but that's sad that Dix out-gained him.
Share 49ersWebzone