LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 151 users in the forums

Eagles WR Riley Cooper at country concert: "I will fight every n****r here"

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Janitor:
Neither susweel nor amir is white lulz

Why is that important or noteworthy? I have met plenty of "non-whites" who have racial prejudices or are racist.
[ Edited by buck on Aug 2, 2013 at 3:35 AM ]
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Blacks need to find a new word also. It's stupid and in this case offensive. Heck stupid is offensive when you can do better

WASPs lose their job if they use the n word

Hip hop makes $$$ of the n-word.

that's America for ya.

hypocrites and double standards. Cooper says a word that everyone uses around him, yet he uses it once and will probably get cut for it while Jay Z was just #1 on the bill board when the #1 song on it goes like this

verse 1

I just landed in Europe, n***a
Shopping bags, I'm a tourist, n***a
Money talk I speak fluent, n***a
Reeboks on, I just do it, n***a
Look at me, I'm pure n***a
I bet the hoes on my tour, n***a
I am against him being punished by the league for saying the word (ni$$ger) because I have heard a lot of our players saying (ni$$a) on game day whether I am at the game or even on live audio stream watching on television. I do not want to lose Navarro Bowman for the season because of this word because I clearly heard him say this during an NFL game on television and I certainly don't want to lose Kap if he says it. You will be hard pressed to prove a difference in what is meant by either Riley or Bowman when they say ni$$a or ni$$er! It will be an exercise in futility and half the league would face suspension. The guy already feels like crap about it and believe me, things like this get sorted out on the field anyway. Calling for Riley to be suspended when others aren't is unfair and everyone should be held to the same standard. Stop saying ni$$a and stop playing music in the locker room with ni$$a and maybe Riley can stop getting caught on cell phone video at country music concerts saying the word ni$$er on his personal time.
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Aug 2, 2013 at 6:56 AM ]
Just another liquored up redneck at a country music concert, lipping off at the mouth .....these idiots are everywhere.......

white people who say it's a harmless word crack me up ,.,..it's a vicious and cruel word , I've never liked it ......being a native american, I f*cking hate ANY racist and harsh words aimed at minority's ..I grew up around pure hatred and daily taunts from racist rednecks, and I wont "get used to it" just because a few idiots say it's "harmless" ....f**k Riley Cooper ...I hope he gets his ass chewed out for weeks for his choice of words ...Idiot
I am against him being punished by the league for saying the word (ni$$ger) because I have heard a lot of our players saying (ni$$a) on game day whether I am at the game or even on live audio stream watching on television. I do not want to lose Navarro Bowman for the season because of this word because I clearly heard him say this during an NFL game on television and I certainly don't want to lose Kap if he says it. You will be hard pressed to prove a difference in what is meant by either Riley or Bowman when they say ni$$a or ni$$er! It will be an exercise in futility and half the league would face suspension. The guy already feels like crap about it and believe me, things like this get sorted out on the field anyway. Calling for Riley to be suspended when others aren't is unfair and everyone should be held to the same standard. Stop saying ni$$a and stop playing music in the locker room with ni$$a and maybe Riley can stop getting caught on cell phone video at country music concerts saying the word ni$$er on his personal time.

American culture has a word that, based on it history, should not be used by anyone unless in a toxic racial manner

or accept the word as non toxic in general.

it shouldnt go both ways when convenient
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

that's America for ya.

hypocrites and double standards. Cooper says a word that everyone uses around him, yet he uses it once and will probably get cut for it while Jay Z was just #1 on the bill board when the #1 song on it goes like this

verse 1

Retards don't know they are retards. It's not a double standard it's a word used by whites to put blacks down. When blacks flip it and make it mean something else then they also wanna use it in that context.

Ps cooper said ni** eR not ni**a jt is a difference just like a cracka and a cracker are 2 different things
But I don't expect you to fully understand. Just continue being a follower and thinking "if jay-z says it it must be ok" smh
So if that one racist country singer says it its ok.
SMH

that's America for ya.

verse 1

Yes us as blacks have turned this into a term of endearment. It is like we have redefined ni$$er to ni$$a to mean something along the lines of: black, proud to be black, real, certified, authenticated, or one of the brothers. The sentiment is look at me, yes I am different and WTF you gonna do about it. And that has come from the struggles of our ancestry that we need to let go of somehow and someway. It is almost like some sort of defense mechanism, this prevailing attitude throughout our communities but we need to come outside in 2013 and see that there is some sun shining out there now and there is opportunity if we could just quit holding ourselves back. And using this terminology as a term of endearment while taking offense to others using as a term of derision is very peculiar to say the least and is pretty much hypocritical.

I have heard this word around me all of my life and I have used it too but as I have aged I have learned to refrain from doing so because I have found it to be offensive to both myself and to others of all races. I loved it when I was younger and girls of various races told me something along the lines of "dang you got that good d$$k ni$$a" yet I took offense when as a little kid 2 white boys said to me "you ain't nothing but a black ni$$er". Now I can't say that I will tell my wife what to say when we are crushing but we have refrained from using that word and I ask my friends to refrain because it just doesn't make a lot of sense really. I don't know if there will ever be a resolution to this because I doubt people will change much unless somehow it becomes not cool to use this word in our own communities

American culture has a word that, based on it history, should not be used by anyone unless in a toxic racial manner

or accept the word as non toxic in general.

it shouldnt go both ways when convenient

It doesn't go both ways blacks say n***a it's like saying Brotha whites will never understand (most)
Whites say n****r to be used as slander and to put one down. Waaaay different and not the same at all

Originally posted by 99problems:

that's America for ya.

verse 1

Retards don't know they are retards. It's not a double standard it's a word used by whites to put blacks down. When blacks flip it and make it mean something else then they also wanna use it in that context.

Ps cooper said ni** eR not ni**a jt is a difference just like a cracka and a cracker are 2 different things
But I don't expect you to fully understand. Just continue being a follower and thinking "if jay-z says it it must be ok" smh
SMH

add the a and its ok

lol

that's America for ya.

verse 1

SMH

add the a and its ok

lol

Like I said most wont get it. But I would t expect you to when you get your black culture from jay Z records.

that's America for ya.

verse 1

SMH

add the a and its ok

lol

Like I said most wont get it. But I would t expect you to when you get your black culture from jay Z records.

that's America for ya.

verse 1

SMH

add the a and its ok

lol

dont micro manage my point, remove "jay z" and there are hundreds of hip hop artists that make $$$ off the word.

lol

SMH

I am with you bro but I also see the argument for there being a double standard. If you punish 1 player for saying the word then you must punish everyone and then we have to change what music is played in the locker room also. People from Chicago say "Ka" and I say "car" but it means the same thing. I agree that to US ni$$a is different than ni$$er but how can the league possibly distinguish this difference with tangible proof. We could end up fining and suspending a lot of people so the best thing for US to do would be to find a different term to use for US or just start addressing one another the same way we would anyone else as difficult as this might be. I hear Master P radio version years back and it went like "this is for the homies and the thug figgas ugghh"

that's America for ya.

verse 1

SMH

add the a and its ok

lol

that's America for ya.

verse 1

SMH

add the a and its ok

lol

dont micro manage my point, remove "jay z" and there are hundreds of hip hop artists that make $$$ off the word.

lol

And I'm guessing you never heard of "Johnny rebel" he has also gotten rich off the word. But in different context
For example his song "move those n****rs up north" the list goes on. Whites were getting rich off calling blacks n****rs loooooong before blacks found out they can do the same thing but twist it in a positive light. But I wouldn't you to expect that. I bet you're the kinda kid that tells his mom to shut up when she tells you to clean your room huh.
Share 49ersWebzone