LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 304 users in the forums

WR Austin Collie

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erWay:
Originally posted by susweel:
Baalke is in full panic mode at WR after he failed to properly address the position in free agency. The next panic move will be at FS if Reid doesnt look good pre-season.

So how are your seahawks coming along? Panicking?

Boldin and Collie are very very nice off-season moves. Reid has been looking good.

Smokin them bad potatoes again you are.
you gotta know sus! you are right, reid has been looking good and dahl is a more than respectable back up
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by 49erWay:
Baalke is in full panic mode at WR after he failed to properly address the position in free agency. The next panic move will be at FS if Reid doesnt look good pre-season.

So how are your seahawks coming along? Panicking?

Boldin and Collie are very very nice off-season moves. Reid has been looking good.

Smokin them bad potatoes again you are.

lol if you are counting on Collie to be your savior. That dude is one stiff Candlestick wind gust away from getting his bell rung again. He might be good camp fodder but dont expect much from him.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
lol if you are counting on Collie to be your savior. That dude is one stiff Candlestick wind gust away from getting his bell rung again. He might be good camp fodder but dont expect much from him.

oh i think we are just trying to bridge the gap untill our normal guys get healthy and overall just have some healthy bodies for the first game. not to mention giving boldin a break in practice and maybe just maybe giving a kick in the ass to the guys who are hurt to get healthy and back out there,,, Oh I screwed up in one of my posts,, we did not sign robinson and i thought we did, it was the hawkins guy. not much difference between the three of them we were looking at but it was a crying need
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN 15s Also hearing that the 49ers plan to sign Lavelle Hawkins, too.

Adam Schlefter reporting 49ers may cut Jenkins

I think they trade him before cutting him.

u srs? Camp fodder? C'mon now he's better than everyone not named Boldin.

LOL at your previous comment too about Baalke in panic mode. Of course he's in panic mode. Tell me who he should have signed in free agency since everyone better than Collie was looking for a big long term deal. You act like he didn't get Boldin and draft Patton. I guess he should have called you up a couple of months ago so you could have told him Crabtree was going to get hurt along with the other receivers.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN 15s Also hearing that the 49ers plan to sign Lavelle Hawkins, too.

maybe they can not get anything for him? i know some feel people would be lining up outside the door to get him but I am not sure about that. If he gets cut I take no pleasure in being right about him. I know alot of people said we should not trust what some reporters were saying about him struggling but I just do not think you kill the messenger just cuz you may not like the message. Who knows if this is the truth, who knows his "sources" but this guy is pretty credible, right?
Collie is a good signing on the field, however his concussion issues cause concern. This isn't like signing someone coming off an ACL injury where the healing process can be evaluated. Can a concussion ever really be healed? At what point does the signing of a player with concussion history become a moral issue. Is winning justified at the expense of personal health and well being.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by miked1978:
u srs? Camp fodder? C'mon now he's better than everyone not named Boldin.

LOL at your previous comment too about Baalke in panic mode. Of course he's in panic mode. Tell me who he should have signed in free agency since everyone better than Collie was looking for a big long term deal. You act like he didn't get Boldin and draft Patton. I guess he should have called you up a couple of months ago so you could have told him Crabtree was going to get hurt along with the other receivers.

glad we got the money for these types of things. I assume no contract details have been announced with these two guys but could not have cost us that much?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Collie is a good signing on the field, however his concussion issues cause concern. This isn't like signing someone coming off an ACL injury where the healing process can be evaluated. Can a concussion ever really be healed? At what point does the signing of a player with concussion history become a moral issue. Is winning justified at the expense of personal health and well being.

I know this is a business but I do not think the coaches would put a guy in harms way and if they thought he could be in danger if he stepped onto the field they would have passed. if all parties sign off on the deal including the medical staff,, there is nothing to hold you back from making the deal

Does Schefter have a source, or is he just speculating? If true, Jenkins must be lazy. I don't think the team would cut a hard working 1st round player in his 2nd offseason, even if they haven't produced yet.

It sucks to waste a 1st round pick, but sometimes it's better to cut your losses sooner rather than later if you're convinced they guy can't play. I'm still holding out hope he turns it around.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Aug 2, 2013 at 6:18 PM ]

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Does Schefter have a source, or is he just speculating? If true, Jenkins must be lazy. I don't think the team would cut a hard working player in his 2nd offseason, even if they haven't produced yet.

It sucks to waste a 1st round pick, but sometimes it's better to cut your losses sooner rather than later if you're convinced they guy can't play. I'm still holding out hope he turns it around.
good points,, by all accounts the man had a very very good off season so naturally hopes were high and you could not blame us for hoping alot out of him in his second season(yes i am aware of the infamous three year time frame for wide outs )... so if he had a hard working off season why exactly happened recently that would make the niners cut him(if this report is factual)?? attitude or the sudden shock and awe that he just is not nfl ready and the team does not want to f**k around waiting for him when our chance is now to win before we have to shell out huge bucks to ck and aldon and risk losing some key guys.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Does Schefter have a source, or is he just speculating? If true, Jenkins must be lazy. I don't think the team would cut a hard working player in his 2nd offseason, even if they haven't produced yet.

good points,, by all accounts the man had a very very good off season so naturally hopes were high and you could not blame us for hoping alot out of him in his second season(yes i am aware of the infamous three year time frame for wide outs )... so if he had a hard working off season why exactly happened recently that would make the niners cut him(if this report is factual)?? attitude or the sudden shock and awe that he just is not nfl ready and the team does not want to f**k around waiting for him when our chance is now to win before we have to shell out huge bucks to ck and aldon and risk losing some key guys.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by natrone06:

i am glad you found it amusing but if this report is factual it does beg the question,,,, if the man had a good off season and has a good work ethic why are they thinking of cutting him. maybe the report is b******t, maybe he made it up but he is pretty well respected so you at least have to ponder this.
  • sfout
  • Veteran

Does Schefter have a source, or is he just speculating? If true, Jenkins must be lazy. I don't think the team would cut a hard working 1st round player in his 2nd offseason, even if they haven't produced yet.

Are you all just perpetrating the joke that is Adam SchLefter or are you all just not seeing the L today?
Originally posted by natrone06:

i am glad you found it amusing but if this report is factual it does beg the question,,,, if the man had a good off season and has a good work ethic why are they thinking of cutting him. maybe the report is b******t, maybe he made it up but he is pretty well respected so you at least have to ponder this.

Schlefter . SCHLEFTER
Share 49ersWebzone