LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 267 users in the forums

Broncos cut Willis McGahee

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Packers might be interested. They need a running game in a bad way. He can backup and help their new RB draft pick.

They drafted 2.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
They drafted 2.

Those rookies won't run on us at our season opener and the swan song of the Stick!!
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
they let Jackson go to give the young guys (Richardson and Pead) a shot
I don't think they'll sign him

Exactly. No way do the Rams need him. I will be sincerely shocked If they make a move to sign him.

Only scenario is if the young guys are somehow sucking in current training, which by all reports does not seem to be the case.
[ Edited by RedAlice on Jun 13, 2013 at 4:16 PM ]
Originally posted by BobS:
Another running back thrown away once they get over 30, no matter what they did the year before. Has any running back other than John Riggins had any decent seasons after hitting 30?

Walter Payton comes to mind. You could count Marcus Allen as well. I think I'm out. The fact that only Hall of Famers are on this list is telling.
He's going to the patriots. Would be funny if we take a look at him. We are after all, attracted to runningbacks with a bad knee history
[ Edited by gold49digger on Jun 13, 2013 at 7:17 PM ]
Feel bad for the guy...never been on a team that respected his skills.
Originally posted by FL9er:
He's done, but he's got child support to pay (doesn't he have like 6 or 7 baby mommas?).

I believe you are thinking of another former Bills RB, Travis Henry. Dude had 11 kids with 7 different women.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LarryT1974:
Originally posted by FL9er:
He's done, but he's got child support to pay (doesn't he have like 6 or 7 baby mommas?).

I believe you are thinking of another former Bills RB, Travis Henry. Dude had 11 kids with 7 different women.

Yeah that was Travis Henry.

McGahee is a pretty good dude from what I've known. He's had a very good career, especially how his College career ended with that leg. Funny though that two of the things that stick out to me about him are that leg and when he got ko'd against the Steelers.
Remember the day when running backs were drafted early. The majority of RB's never make it past the rookie contract.
Somebody will sign him if he's healthy...emergence of Knowshon Moreno and decent RB depth in Denver led to his release. He's battered and bruised, but could possibly fill in for an injured starter or be some depth for a team (but not ours).

Share 49ersWebzone