There are 215 users in the forums

Patriots signing Tebow

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Lol
[ Edited by Tman on Jun 11, 2013 at 7:55 PM ]
Originally posted by KegBert:
I think this is more Belichek thumbing his nose at the jets than anything else. Who knows though, maybe bill does have something in mind for him but I doubt it's backing up tom Brady.

That would actual be funny.
Originally posted by PrisonOfGlass:
Originally posted by KegBert:
I think this is more Belichek thumbing his nose at the jets than anything else. Who knows though, maybe bill does have something in mind for him but I doubt it's backing up tom Brady.

That would actual be funny.

Def going to use Tebow against the jets more so then other teams
Could be an investment. Pay him little then reap the benefits. Tebow = cash cow.

That's the only reason what I can think of. Kraft probably thinks Belicheat can be a better ringmaster to the circus then Rex Ryan, the clown, was.
  • mod
  • Veteran
It would crack me up if come time to play the jets he subs out brady and puts in Tebow just to beat them with their former QB lol
Originally posted by modninerfan:
It would crack me up if come time to play the jets he subs out brady and puts in Tebow just to beat them with their former QB lol

wouldnt be surprised, I think the whole move is just to fck with Rex Ryan's head, like Pats bringing back a ghost from the past to come and haunt them.
That'd be salt in the wound.

I'd be real surprised if Rex is the HC next year.
might have him play ILB.....didn't they have troy brown play DB a few years back.....
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
That'd be salt in the wound.

I'd be real surprised if Rex is the HC next year.

This please. No more Rex or his idiot brother. I have a great deal of respect for Buddy Ryan, but his kids just annoy the hell out of me and the sooner they are gone, the better. If Tebow helps facilitate this, Im all for it.
I love Tim, but I cant root for him on the Pats

Originally posted by ninerjok:
Some guy on NFLN talking about how the media circus will calm down with Tebow to Patriots. Really??? Why are they preempting their normal programming to cover this 24/7 now? Cuz what Belichick wants is tons of media attention. It's a FA signing of a mediocre QB people.

LOL The Patriots want the media circus following the tebow show, to distract the media from them recording other teams on the sidelines.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
People will laugh, but I think Tebow could take over for Brady after he retires. Especially since he'll have a few years to learn under Brady and the NFL's 2nd-best coaching staff. I hope Tebow gets some sweet revenge against the Jets.
  • dj43
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
That'd be pretty funny if he actually became a good QB, the Jets were the worst team he could've gone to.

I would not be all that surprised if he did develop. All he needs is someone who understands the QB position and how to train/teach it. Tebow is just too good an athlete and has far too great a work ethic to think he could not play in this league. People talk about the "media circus" and Tebow has done his part to start that but the media itself has fed on every tiny bit they could to sell ad time. Belichick is exactly the guy to have in charge to control that situation.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
he isnt as bad as people make him out to be,

there are so many garbage backups in this league, He isnt bad as a #2/3 option.

yes he is

2011 stats for the Broncos (won't include the Jets as that was a joke for all parties involved)

QBR by quarter (including postseason) 50 is considered average

1st: 38.0
2nd: 17.0
3rd: 15.2
4th: 55.0

completion percentage: 46.5% worst since Akili Smith in 2000
33.6% on passes traveling 10+ yards

Led the league in fumbles once he became a starter with 13 losing 6 of them

Denver's offense also had to change drastically to fit their inadequacy of a QB by rushing the ball 38.9 times a game compared to just 23.6 with Orton

During his "Jesus Streak" of 2011 where the Broncos won 6 straight games Tebow was 61/121 (50.4%) and in 5 out of the 6 victories he completed 10 or fewer passes.

Another stat was Denver's rushing attack which the best in the league averaging 4.8 yards per carry averaging 165 yards per game to lead the NFL

TL;DR: Tebow is trash

Well this pretty much is the perfect place for him to be. No QB controversies with Brady at the helm so no three ring circus like in NY. He can learn behind one of the best and maybe work out that horrible throw of his behind Brady and who knows might start when Brady retires or maybe they just use him on the goal line or for two point conversions.
Share 49ersWebzone