LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 218 users in the forums

Patriots signing Tebow

Shop 49ers game tickets
I hope he can sit on the bench there till Brady retires.....by then he might be ok?
I just don't understand why this guy gets special treatment? What has he done to receive that? This is the NFL(not for long league) and guys lose their roster spots like nothing and nobody even flinches. But this no talent, nonsense guy has the entire national media and half the population praying it all works out for him.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
blame the media for the tebow hate. At least in NE, he knows his role. He's been told he's the #3 qb. I'm sure they'll use him in read option and goal line packages. Other than that, nada.
Originally posted by est1985:
I just don't understand why this guy gets special treatment? What has he done to receive that? This is the NFL(not for long league) and guys lose their roster spots like nothing and nobody even flinches. But this no talent, nonsense guy has the entire national media and half the population praying it all works out for him.

I doubt that. The evil genius of Belicheat doesn't care how he looks. Why would he care about Tebow and his following
watch Brady get hurt, and Tebow takes the team far
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

Are you kidding with this? Tebow is not an NFL Qb and he will be lucky to even make the final roster.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Well for one, hes a choir boy and I bet Roger Goodell favors him alot lol (that was sarcasm). But he did help take the Broncos to the playoffs and win a game, most QB's in the league can't say that they've been there. But, I just think Belichick is gonna use Tebow for read option packages to keep up with everyone else.
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Looks like they just found Tom Brady's successor

If that's true i think a lot of the patriot fans just threw up in there mouth. Tebow is a joke he couldn't even get the starting job from Mark Sanchez good luck replacing Tom Bradys god like legacy in Massachusetts.
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
I don't get why Patriots signing the worst qb in the league is the front page of espn.com

ESPN reports every time Tom Brady has a bowel movement they love sucking up to him and Bill "cheater" Belichick it doesn't surprise me it's front page news that them signing a joke of a QB is front page news.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

Are you kidding with this? Tebow is not an NFL Qb and he will be lucky to even make the final roster.

he isnt as bad as people make him out to be,

there are so many garbage backups in this league, He isnt bad as a #2/3 option.

so it's his fault the media is up his ass??

He has no talent??? Your crazy!! He may not be the best polished QB but if i remember correctly he ran through NFL defenses! He's not a total deadbeat
McDaniels will come out of the closet soon because he is in love with Tebow.

Tebow fits well with NE. They basically run a spread offense that Tebow ran in college. Most of Brady's throws are under 12 yards. As much as Tebow's arm sucks, he can make these throws. Teams can't play man and blitz heavy due to NE's offensive personnel. I honestly think Tebow can be a very successful QB in terms of wins in this offense with the personnel it has.
Originally posted by Joecool:
McDaniels will come out of the closet soon because he is in love with Tebow.

Tebow fits well with NE. They basically run a spread offense that Tebow ran in college. Most of Brady's throws are under 12 yards. As much as Tebow's arm sucks, he can make these throws. Teams can't play man and blitz heavy due to NE's offensive personnel. I honestly think Tebow can be a very successful QB in terms of wins in this offense with the personnel it has.

But them short range throws requires good pre-snap reads, and Tebow is not going to be able to do that half as well as Brady can!
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:

My kid sister could become an elite quarterback training under Sir Tom Brady. I have to think that the Patriots saw something in him and I trust their judgement over my own. I truly dislike Tebow as a public figure and his abilities thus far haven't done much to impress but I'm also not on an NFL franchise's payroll and am open to the idea that I don't know s**t.
[ Edited by PrisonOfGlass on Jun 11, 2013 at 7:49 PM ]
I think this is more Belichek thumbing his nose at the jets than anything else. Who knows though, maybe bill does have something in mind for him but I doubt it's backing up tom Brady.
Share 49ersWebzone