LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 249 users in the forums

Cowboys 2013 Draft Board Leaked ... hilarity ensues.

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Jerry Jones obviously is inept.

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2013/5/30/4378574/dallas-cowboys-2013-draft-board-leaked-almost-complete-7-round-board

Differences of opinion: Not only did Dallas eschew some highly-drafted players for the above offenses, they had several guys ranked considerably lower than where they were drafted. They had a second-round grade on D. J. Hayden, who the Raiders reportedly were prepared to take with the third overall pick; in addition, they had third round grades on Desmond Trufant (taken 22nd overall), Datone Jones (26th), and Kyle Long (20th).

The most egregious differences? QB E.J. Manuel, drafted 16th, had a fourth round grade, and CB Johnthan Banks, who the Buccaneers nabbed at #43, was given a sixth round designation.
Ryan Nassib ahead of Matt Barkley and Geno Smith, all had 2nd Round Grades....
[ Edited by Garcia on May 30, 2013 at 7:52 PM ]
It's all relative. You could pick apart any teams' draft board this way, especially after the fact.

Granted, some teams are worse than others.....
Dallas must really devalue players who are injured or coming off an injury. There's now way Carradine is a 3rd round talent grade.
Originally posted by baltien:
It's all relative. You could pick apart any teams' draft board this way, especially after the fact.

Granted, some teams are worse than others.....

Agreed. These draft boards are completely subjective and every team has a different way of going about it. There also so many factors that go into it. Some teams put high priority on character others don't, you also have to factor in whether a player fits into the system etc.

What I find hilarious about this is how the cowboys board keeps getting leaked. No way this happens with Harbaugh running the show.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/matt-maiocco/cowboys-49ers-differ-draft-grades

It is rare that any information from a team's draft rankings becomes public -- even after the draft. But it's happened twice in the past four years, and both times it's been the Cowboys' board that has been revealed.
[ Edited by KegBert on May 30, 2013 at 9:32 PM ]
Originally posted by SanFranFanfrmVa:
Dallas must really devalue players who are injured or coming off an injury. There's now way Carradine is a 3rd round talent grade.

Injury plus getting one on one coverage playing opposite Bjorne Werner
lol, this is great
especially because it happened to the cowboys
Cowboys are always good for a laugh.
I don't see what the big deal is...
This quote from the comments section echos (some of) what I think of Jerry Jones...

by rabblerousr

Jerry can't resist having people come into the war room to see he's a big shot. As long as he needs his ego stroked, the board will get leaked…

By trading down, they missed out on all the prospects they had a 1st round grade on. Many people speculated Jason Garrett did not look happy in a post-draft press conference, and that is probably why.

Based on their board and who was available at #18, they passed on Tyler Eifert, Bjoern Werner, Shariff Floyd, Xavier Rhodes, and Cordarrelle Patterson. They were probably banking on one of these guys being available at #31. At least they got Terrance Williams with the additional 3rd from the 49ers. They had a 2nd round grade on him.

• Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

they only had 18 1st round grades and 127 players total on their board....

EJ Manuel, the first and only QB taken in the first round, they gave a 4th round grade and had barkley/nassib/smith ahead of him with 2nd round grades.

2nd time in 3 years their board has been leaked. they are a joke.
Originally posted by Garcia:

EJ Manuel, the first and only QB taken in the first round, they gave a 4th round grade and had barkley/nassib/smith ahead of him with 2nd round grades.

Big whoop they didnt like ej manuel, not all teams like the same guys
Originally posted by Garcia:

Big whoop they didnt like ej manuel, not all teams like the same guys

It's not the ranking of players on their board thats funny. It's the fact that teams don't like their draft board to made public, even after the draft. They have had theirs leaked twice in the past 4 years lol. That's not good.
Could care less about the grades, but how he runs the organization is a joke. Dont get me wrong, I am glad he is doing it...run that junk poorly all day!
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Could care less about the grades, but how he runs the organization is a joke. Dont get me wrong, I am glad he is doing it...run that junk poorly all day!

That team is not competing again whilst he rules it. Tough!
Share 49ersWebzone