LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 317 users in the forums

NFL team in Los Angeles

Shop 49ers game tickets

NFL team in Los Angeles

• Mayor
  • Veteran
Which franchise is going to LA? And when?
Santa Clara 49ers will move to Santa Clarita

...when the Bay rises 50 ft in 2113.
Rams would be nice but that's not gonna happen.
LA Porpoise
Raiders and Rams?
Second largest city population wise in the USA. Politics and greed lead the way.
f**k la
LA Traffic Jams
LA Chargers of SD
LA native here. I think rams is most sensible because st Louis still hasn't proposed a new stadium and rams already have a large fan base here. I would like the rams here so I can see my niners once a year at home

Originally posted by JustinNiner:
LA native here. I think rams is most sensible because st Louis still hasn't proposed a new stadium and rams already have a large fan base here. I would like the rams here so I can see my niners once a year at home

this^. Even though i voted for JAX.
1. Rams
2. Jaguars
3. Raiders

Rams aren't getting much love in St Louis right now, attempts to get out of the rapidly dated Edward Jones Dome have proven unsuccessful, their previous history in LA plus the soon-to-come monstrous new Farmers Field would make LA very tempting indeed. Jaguars...not much has gone right for them in Jacksonville, fan support has been tepid, wasn't even all that great when they were actually winning. The Raiders...hey, wouldn't shock me at all, they're not likely to get a new stadium in Oakland, thus LA would also be quite alluring for them, as a bonus they already have a huge fanbase down there.
  • Mayor
  • Veteran
Who thought there might be an other franchise? Which one was in your mind?
Why, LA? They have shown over the years despite the size of the city, they can't support a team, makes no sense to keep going back there. Let them wait another decade or two, then see if things have changed.
  • DJD
  • Veteran
Here is my vision on the subject...

First off this down town NFL stadium plan is crap. Football needs room for tailgating etc. Also down town is where baseball should be. The frequency of baseball games allows for a much more vibrant surrounding area to flourish etc. So with that in mind I think the downtown site should be used to build a new Dodger stadium and the Dodger stadium site should be used for a new NFL stadium. It's a huge site with massive parking and plenty of freeway access.

As for which team... Now this like my vision of the stadium is a long shot but... I think the raiders franchise should move down there and then much like the original Browns became the Ravens or the Oilers the Titans, they should re-brand themselves. Something completely new. Reinvent the franchise completely. Put that Raider logo and all of its violent fandom persona in the grave with ol' Al. A new name, logo, mascot, colors etc. Something not so 'rape and pillage'.. Something LA as a whole could embrace and feel safe bringing their family, their children to the game to support. Mean time the Niners market will double in size being the only Bay Area NFL team. Everybody wins.. oh except for those Punk raider fans, the ones more interested in the thug persona than the team. The team fans will adapt to the new logo no doubt with relief that the stench of the past has ended.

And with that I relinquish the balance of my time.
[ Edited by DJD on May 22, 2013 at 8:13 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone