There are 268 users in the forums

Seattle's Bruce Irvin suspended

Shop 49ers game tickets
"You mad because you can't get no Adderall bro?" ~ Richard Sherman
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Rascal:
So, I can have a body like Vernon's in 3 months without steroids ?! Heck, I will hit the gym then. LOL.

LOL....not really. But someone that's 5'10", 160, with the right regimen and diet, if they haven't worked out previously, could get up to 180 in about 3 months if they really work their ass off.

It's also relatively easy to do when your natural metabolism changes as you age. That's not very helpful, though... it only happens once and you won't know when.

Your example is funny because I'm 5'10'' and I put on over 20 Lbs. of muscle eating prison food and working out in 4 months. I went from the 140 area to 160's. Obviously I'd never worked out before. That was a long time ago... I'm 200 Lbs. now. Not muscle lol
Originally posted by Wodwo:
So, I can have a body like Vernon's in 3 months without steroids ?! Heck, I will hit the gym then. LOL.

LOL....not really. But someone that's 5'10", 160, with the right regimen and diet, if they haven't worked out previously, could get up to 180 in about 3 months if they really work their ass off.

It's also relatively easy to do when your natural metabolism changes as you age. That's not very helpful, though... it only happens once and you won't know when.

Your example is funny because I'm 5'10'' and I put on over 20 Lbs. of muscle eating prison food and working out in 4 months. I went from the 140 area to 160's. Obviously I'd never worked out before. That was a long time ago... I'm 200 Lbs. now. Not muscle lol

prison food?
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tulliman:
prison food?

Yeah... an unidentifiable protein in gravy dumped on top of a pile of rice.

What? You never been locked up?

Yeah, the initial gain you get leads to some major disappointment down the road. The first year I really worked out hard with weights, I went from around the 155 pound range to about 180....so 25 pounds in a year....in the 8 years after that, I've gotten up to 220......so 40 pounds in 8 years, or an average gain of 5 pounds per year.

That's why it would raise eyebrows to see anyone throw about 20-30 pounds in the span of a few months after years of working out.....it just doesn't happen that way naturally.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on May 18, 2013 at 11:50 AM ]
They aint gonna live this one down for a whlie
  • Disp
  • Veteran
I think some of you are confusing putting on 25 lbs. of muscle with putting on 25 lbs. with some of it being muscle. My first year of college I was 6'2" and went from 155 to 185 in 3 of 4 months months when I hit the gym hard too. I got a lot bigger/stronger, and while it doesn't seem like it, a lot of the weight you put on like that is water and fat. Your body can't put on 25 lbs of muscle in that short of a time period unless you are an absolute genetic freak and roided to hell...like Bruce Irvin
What's new, they're all f**king doped up.

You do your homework and you'll find that almost every Pete Caroll-run football program has either been suspected, probed, or caught/punished for the use of performance enhancing drugs.

I just don't get it anymore, that whole team is doping, one guy got caught red-handed, and his test sample was 'mysteriously' compromised before the playoffs. -That whole team is full of cheating crooks.
Here is Seahawks Super Bowl Trophy Case

I don't have the time to wade through the entire thread. I will just say that the Seahawk organization just keeps getting slimier. Everything Cheat Carroll touches turns to chit. I hope they have enough players left to field a team for week 2

Originally posted by Disp:
I think some of you are confusing putting on 25 lbs. of muscle with putting on 25 lbs. with some of it being muscle. My first year of college I was 6'2" and went from 155 to 185 in 3 of 4 months months when I hit the gym hard too. I got a lot bigger/stronger, and while it doesn't seem like it, a lot of the weight you put on like that is water and fat. Your body can't put on 25 lbs of muscle in that short of a time period unless you are an absolute genetic freak and roided to hell...like Bruce Irvin

I was talking about strictly muscle gain.....and as a beginner, it isn't impossible to add an average of 10 pounds of pure muscle for the first few months, but that ceases pretty quickly. Even if you take a short course of steroids, you may add a huge amount of weight, but it won't hold, the weight will usually come back down as you get off the drugs, so its mostly an exercise in futility. Building long-lasting muscle takes a lot of time, the faster you build it, the faster you tend to lose it.
Yeah... an unidentifiable protein in gravy dumped on top of a pile of rice.

What? You never been locked up?

SOS
The Sea Chickens sure do cheat a lot. Whats next Marshawn, Wagner?? Sherman
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
The Sea Chickens sure do cheat a lot. Whats next Marshawn, Wagner?? Sherman

brotha lynch's skittles will be looked into....
lol its a conspiracy!

http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=68678

"They F us on SB XL. The Jet's "helmet" game, the Baltimore game. They F us on the schedule making every single year. We start to put together a true championship caliber team and suddenly they F us with suspensions."
Share 49ersWebzone