There are 221 users in the forums

Would Sanchez be the best backup QB in the NFL?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Fast forward to later in the offseason when he will likely be released. He's had so many famously horrible moments in recent years that that's really what sticks out in your mind. But if he were to actually hit the market, wouldn't he be a coveted backup? He's inconsistent and a turnover machine, but he has physical tools and playoff experience.

I'm not sure the 49ers would see him as an upgrade over Colt McCoy, but it's possible. There are other teams with even worse backup situations. It will be interesting to see what happens. There is just no reason for the Jets to keep him with Garrard and Geno.
r u cereal?
Originally posted by ads_2006:
r u cereal?

This is the "NFL Talk" forum, right? I think Sanchez's situation is one of the more interesting NFL stories between now and when the season starts. He certainly has a better resume than most backup QBs.
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
r u cereal?

This is the "NFL Talk" forum, right? I think Sanchez's situation is one of the more interesting NFL stories between now and when the season starts. He certainly has a better resume than most backup QBs.

Colt > sanchez

yea im being a homer and never even really saw Colt play. but EVERYTHING beats the butt fumble
Originally posted by 99problems:
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
r u cereal?

Colt > sanchez

yea im being a homer and never even really saw Colt play. but EVERYTHING beats the butt fumble

Oh I doubt the 49ers would be interested. But I also doubt Sanchez would last long on the open market.
HA HA!!!!!

The name Sanchez and the adjective best should NEVER be used together

Originally posted by theninermaniac:
HA HA!!!!!

The name Sanchez and the adjective best should NEVER be used together

Best butt-fumble ever
  • MarkD
  • Veteran

Originally posted by MarkD:

f**k no he wouldn't. Just look at that play.
I"d rather have Tim Tebow as my backup. Dead Serious.

Whoever backs up Kap is best #2 QB because they will be learning from Jim "the QB whisperer" Harbaugh.
Sanchez = USC QB. Nuff said.
Colt McCoy is the best backup QB.
Originally posted by MarkD:

No butt fumbles please.
Thanks
he's not committed enough to football to be an effective QB IMO
Share 49ersWebzone