LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 267 users in the forums

Lawrence Okoye Thread of Epic Awesomeness

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MikeRumph:
he would beast as a guard. Imagine his athleticism when pulling...

you are more correct than not.
he's got an o-line physique. strength to bull doze anyone.
Originally posted by xcfan:
Originally posted by MikeRumph:
he would beast as a guard. Imagine his athleticism when pulling...

you are more correct than not.
he's got an o-line physique. strength to bull doze anyone.

I can imagine him wiffing on a lot of pulling blocks
our future Center
can he play left field?
We dont need big we need ghetto
Originally posted by socalniner:
He has no pass rush moves, so the best we can hope for is that he's got the strength of a "cowboy" and can bull rush or at least hold point against a double team.

Yeah, like Justin Smith has any pass rush moves.

All Tomsula needs to get out of this guy is proper technique, angles and to use his God-given abilities to seal edges, occupy two on stunts and bull rush and collapse the pocket. He'll also needs to recognize a screen pass and fire off the LOS and learn to shed blocks in the open field.

Now if he was a WR, CB, C, S, etc. I'd say Okoye has no shot but with his measurables, intangibles and Tomsula working with him for an entire year, I actually have some expectations for him. It will be fun to watch. I hope he genuinely gets a shot in PS.
[ Edited by NCommand on Mar 14, 2014 at 7:31 AM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:

All Tomsula needs to get out of this guy is proper technique, angles and to use his God-given abilities to seal edges, occupy two on stunts and bull rush and collapse the pocket. He'll also needs to recognize a screen pass and fire off the LOS and learn to shed blocks in the open field.

Now if he was a WR, CB, C, S, etc. I'd say Okoye has no shot but with his measurables, intangibles and Tomsula working with him for an entire year, I actually have some expectations for him. It will be fun to watch. I hope he genuinely gets a shot in PS.

Me too. I hope he's progressed from last pre-season. When he did play, the opposing offense got stalled, but we're talking the last 11 minutes of the game. So I'm hoping to see in the 2nd QTR instead of the last 11 minutes of the game, this next pre-season.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by NCommand:

Me too. I hope he's progressed from last pre-season. When he did play, the opposing offense got stalled, but we're talking the last 11 minutes of the game. So I'm hoping to see in the 2nd QTR instead of the last 11 minutes of the game, this next pre-season.

I love this story and am really rooting for Okoye.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i am sick of this guy already,, i find it funny that some people would be ok to get rid of gore but god forbid we get rid of this guy.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
i am sick of this guy already,, i find it funny that some people would be ok to get rid of gore but god forbid we get rid of this guy.

Why are you sick of this guy? Barely heard any news of the guy for awhile, I hope we strike gold and Tomsula turns him into a beast.

So, when exactly is this guy going to be either "epic" or "awesome"?
Originally posted by BrianGO:

When he gets cast in Game of Thrones.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jimrat:

Why are you sick of this guy? Barely heard any news of the guy for awhile, I hope we strike gold and Tomsula turns him into a beast.
i just get tired of people who over rate guys like him who has shown nothing to warrant it while they set there and beat the s**t out of established players like craig dahl .
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BrianGO:

when he runs the hill with jerry rice
Originally posted by jimrat:

i just get tired of people who over rate guys like him who has shown nothing to warrant it while they set there and beat the s**t out of established players like craig dahl .

Unknown potential is much easier to defend and talk up than guys who have been around for a while and can be nitpicked. These are guys in the Taylor Mays fan club circa 2010.
Share 49ersWebzone