LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 272 users in the forums

Lawrence Okoye Thread of Epic Awesomeness

Shop 49ers game tickets
Make him into a f**king fullback. I know I will....... In madden
Okoye looked just like what I said he would...... A little kid lost at K-Mart looking for his mom. At least he'll have a good story to tell about how he went to the states and played professional American football with absolutely no experience. haha. wow
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DatNyjerSireez:
Make him into a f**king fullback. I know I will....... In madden

A British-Nigerian Nightmare

Originally posted by FrankGoreHOF:
Okoye looked just like what I said he would...... A little kid lost at K-Mart looking for his mom. At least he'll have a good story to tell about how he went to the states and played professional American football with absolutely no experience. haha. wow

lol, did he get lost at the toy section in K-Mart?
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
He was in on 3 or 4 plays.
Unfortunately they ran away from his side every time. The only chance he had to effect a play, he was double teamed and pushed back five yards. The running back could have easily cut back into his lane for 5+ yards but didn't.

He certainly looks athletic, and he certainly has achieved his goal, he is a bad football player.

LOL he got his colors, I think he's gonna stick with us on the practice squad (definitely won't get picked up), and show huge progress by next year.

This was great for the kid... he can watch how ridiculous he looked on film from and actual game, pre-season is the closest thing he'll get for a long time. He's definitely not a lame brain, he'll learn off his mistakes. Hopefully, he can learn fast and adapt to game speed.
he is going to sack alex smith next week.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Rocket4989:
he is going to sack alex smith next week.

So either Alex Smith will drop down the depth chart to 4th string or Okoye is gonna just out play Justin Smith in training camp and just shoot up the depth chart....sorry don't see either happening.
The biggest thing with him is you can tell he is thinking. If he just got low and attacked the OL he might not look so bad. It looks like he is looking around and trying to understand what is happening, and in the meantime, he is getting pushed back by the OL.
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
What I am suggesting is that if he or his agent publicly states that he won't sign any contract for whatever amount for anyone but SF, then no one will claim him off waivers because they will not get a contract signed. So that way, he will clear and we can put him on PS. My question: is that even legal? Can a player do that and still be within CBA?

If he is claimed, he must go to the team that claims him

If he is claimed by another team on waivers, they must sign him to their 53 man squad. if he is unclaimed, he can sign on to any practice squad.
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
The biggest thing with him is you can tell he is thinking. If he just got low and attacked the OL he might not look so bad. It looks like he is looking around and trying to understand what is happening, and in the meantime, he is getting pushed back by the OL.

It was his first football game....EVER.
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN 59s 49ers DL Lawrence Okoye played six defensive snaps, including two kneeldowns at the end. As expected, had difficult time finding the ball.

• Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN 59s 49ers DL Lawrence Okoye played six defensive snaps, including two kneeldowns at the end. As expected, had difficult time finding the ball.

sign him to a long term deal right nao.
Originally posted by xcfan:
49ers are making a big mistake not developing okoye as an offensive tackle. that is the body he has.
he's way too high cut for d-line.

Finding the ball will be the toughest thing for him to do. As for sacking Alex, thats not saying much since Alex sacks himself.
Originally posted by Joecool:

Finding the ball will be the toughest thing for him to do. As for sacking Alex, thats not saying much since Alex sacks himself.

Not even lying
[ Edited by niners94 on Aug 9, 2013 at 11:31 AM ]
So out of 4 real plays 1 of them he got drove back 5 yards by a double team. The other 3 not a factor. Thought he would get more snaps but we will see if he improves throughout the offseason because if he doesn't he will be cut and head to the PS unless someone claims him.
Share 49ersWebzone