LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 222 users in the forums

Lawrence Okoye Thread of Epic Awesomeness

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
too soft for the nfl.
harbaugh says "hes not a good football player" and "expectations need to be realistic"
Originally posted by xtm059:
harbaugh says "hes not a good football player" and "expectations need to be realistic"

The reverse AS approach.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
too soft for the nfl.

Actually hes starting to look a little strung out in recent photos. He's starting to get unhinged. He'll be ok.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
too soft for the nfl.

Actually hes starting to look a little strung out in recent photos. He's starting to get unhinged. He'll be ok.

I've done a bunch of mock 53s and I just don't see this guy making the roster
Originally posted by xtm059:

and statements should be full

"He's not a good football player," Harbaugh said. "His next goal is to be 'not a bad player.' But he's made growth from never having played the game of football. So you talk about process, and expectations need to be realistic.
"I want him to be a bad football player because that's really the next jump up for Lawrence Okoye. He's making significant strides each and every day."
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Okoye agrees with you that he is a "really bad football player," just like he was a "really terrible discus thrower" in 2010.

What's your suggestion for what to do with the 21 year old??

practice squad
Originally posted by AmpLee:
It's so much motivation for me. Just to show him just how right he is to believe in me. That's one of the biggest motivations I have. Just everyone in the organization has been so good. Just come up to me, given me advice, given me encouragement. I want to do it for them as well for myself. I get new motivation every day. A different person comes up to me. Today, Michael Crabtree came up to me and said 'I'm really excited to see how you do on Thursday.' I haven't trained with him yet. He's been injured all this time, but even he's taken an interest. It's so inspiring for me. I have every motivation to do well. And I'm looking forward to proving everyone right.

This guy's attitude is so good for a 21 year old. He gets it, he's a freak, and eventually he's going to make it. I say make room on the 53.

I agree. I think we can find a way to keep him on the 53 if he earns it.

Every year there are a few players on the 53 who are inactive for every game anyways. Might as well reserve one of those spots for a player with massive potential and work ethic.
Originally posted by Garcia:
practice squad

I guess there's disagreement about whether we can do this safely. I think many people here feel that the ps is an appropriate place for him at this point, but that it's possible one of the other teams will claim him off waivers before he gets there.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
practice squad

I guess there's disagreement about whether we can do this safely. I think many people here feel that the ps is an appropriate place for him at this point, but that it's possible one of the other teams will claim him off waivers before he gets there.

I've already stated my opinion on that, I dont think anyone claims him.

I've already stated my opinion on that, I dont think anyone claims him.

Seattle will. Guaranteed! LOL
  • Disp
  • Veteran
No one is going to claim him off waivers when we send him to the PS. He needs at least another year of development to even be a backup, and there isn't a team in the league that has the luxury of keeping a guy who is nothing but potential on their 53 man roster. There would be no reason whatsoever for another team to claim him.
[ Edited by Disp on Aug 8, 2013 at 11:38 AM ]
I hope you guys are right about nobody claiming him. Because with his physical gifts, I've got a feeling that one of these days he's going to be throwing guys around on his way to the quarterback.
  • Disp
  • Veteran
He's only been playing football for a couple months. Maybe he'll get some pressure this preseason, but dude is going to look like crap overall haha. I'm excited to see him for the future too, but I think some of you are really taking the value of roster spots for granted.
I suppose we could risk putting him on PS, if he fully agrees to it and convinces everyone else that it's pointless to pick him up because he will refuse any contract offer.

He can do that, right?
Share 49ersWebzone