LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 252 users in the forums

What NFC West Opponent is most improved post draft?

Shop 49ers game tickets

What NFC West Opponent is most improved post draft?

I think so far the answer is The Arizona Cards. While they lost a bit they gained more. Probably most importantly they got some coaching changes that should help. They really have an amazing defense and if Carson Palmer can stay alive they have a real chance to be good imo. Obviously Carson throws a pick party like his Raider years there season is a wash but I don't think anyone could be good for Raiders. They didn't make sexy picks but they got plenty of sexy on the roster. I really see some room for improvement. Also the LSU Back end debate of who got the best with us will be interesting.

Record 7-9
i think its gonna be a three team race for the division because the rams have improved a lot the last two years with fisher. i think theyll end up with a better record than seattle. all the pieces they brought in just to beat us will blow up in their face and leave them in salary cap dog s**t for the next 10 years.
Rams.

Aside from Tavon, since Fisher came in they have been steadily improving everywhere.

They also ha dthe best record within the division 4-1-1
Mo one thinks losing a top 5 back is going to hurt the Rams?
This division is going to be a blood bath. Every team improved.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
rams, not even close. Austin and Ogletree alone will cause us headaches for many years to come.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Cards
Rams
CAWKS

but I still feel like the Niners did the best by the way Haarbalke methodically went about the whole draft (from the first pick to last).
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
This division is going to be a blood bath. Every team improved.

True, but our rivals will be shedding more blood than the Niners
[ Edited by LVJay on Apr 28, 2013 at 10:21 PM ]
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Need4Speed:
Mo one thinks losing a top 5 back is going to hurt the Rams?

What top 5 back did they lose? This isn't 2007
Originally posted by Disp:
What top 5 back did they lose? This isn't 2007

Exactly. I love SJAX. I cried the day he was gone. I really did - it was an emotional response to the one good player we had and loved through the horrible years. I will root for him as long has he plays, and any game he does not play the Rams. I hope he wins a ring. Total respect for that man.

However, it's not a big loss for the Rams at this point. Shotty didn't take advantage of what he offered last year, and it was clear the new plan does not include a bull back like him.

Now we have a new little bull dog, and the others to switch up with.

To answer the thread topic. I voted Rams, just because I think they improved the most from point A before the draft/FA to point B after the draft.

Hawks and Niners were already performing great, so not much room to improve. Though I think both had good drafts and FA and (as stated) the luxury to pick for depth and back-up.

But, my second pick is Cards. They improved. Given their point A to point B, maybe the improvement is even greater this off season, even if they are still not as good as the rest of our division this year.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
i think its gonna be a three team race for the division because the rams have improved a lot the last two years with fisher. i think theyll end up with a better record than seattle. all the pieces they brought in just to beat us will blow up in their face and leave them in salary cap dog s**t for the next 10 years.
this, fingers crossed!
Originally posted by juycho:
this, fingers crossed!

seattle spent way too much money on questionable players, just so they could feel relevant. i think the rams will be better than them. the only thing that sucks is we have to play 6 games in this brutal division. i dont think any division hits harder or hates every other team as much as ours does right now. injuries and coaching/player rivalries with seattle, two dogfight games with the rams with a tie and another overtime game, arizo...injuries and coaching/player rivalries with seattle lol

So you have SF finishing third then? interesting take, don't see a lot of that on this board...
Originally posted by GNielsen:
The Rams had a good draft, but at 5'8", 180 lbs., Tavon Austin is one good hit away from being a wasted pick. McDonald is interesting, but he's pretty slow and not really a good coverage safety which is what I think teams will increasingly need. Barett Jones had a relatively easy time of it in college because every defense he played against was constantly watching Austin.

The Niners had the best draft in the division, hands down.

Tavon Austin is NOT 180 pounds. I don't care what they have him listed at. He's 165 soaking wet! I ran 3.3 second 40 yard dash coming out of elementary school too.
Share 49ersWebzone