LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 159 users in the forums

Tank Carradine Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Jeez...looks like the guy has trees hanging from his shoulders. LOL.

Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Tank is one of the playes I am most excited to watch.

I'm so optimistic about Tank.

If he can become a "force" like Justin, Aldon; we'll be vicious - what an attacking D! There are only so many guys that can be double-teamed.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Jeez...looks like the guy has trees hanging from his shoulders. LOL.

he almost has them hang to your knees arms like aldon
[ Edited by crabman82 on Jul 28, 2014 at 8:32 AM ]
Originally posted by matt49er:
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Originally posted by matt49er:
Originally posted by Buchy:
The reports coming out of camp are looking really positive for Tank, and for Dial. I had high hopes that Tank would be a beast, he's obviously immensely strong, long arms and great motor. I think he will get a lot of snaps this season spelling Cowboy and RayMac.

Very excited about Tank, I wouldn't be surprised at all if he ends up taking Ray Mac's starting spot

Nope. RayMac is too strong than him. Let me see tank play in preseason and regular season. .

Ray Mac is good & he's a player I like don't get me wrong but he's not somebody that dominates or anything. Tank can be that guy, I'm not saying he will or even should right away, I'm saying it wouldn't be a shocker if Tank just crushed it this TC & took Ray's job.

I really hope he takes over for RayMac in Nickel packages right away.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
7. Tank Carradine

@taylorprice49Tank Carradine lined up as the right defensive tackle with the first defense.

@mattbarrows Tank made of iron @mattbarrows Carradine was the starting right defensive end in place of Justin Smith (shoulder).

@mattbarrows I'm not sure if it's possible to pancake guard Mike Iupati. But Tank Carradine came awfully close during one-on-one pass-rush drills when he forced the big left guard backward several steps. Everyone who is asked about Carradine invariably talks about his strength, and that's been evident in this drill.

@grantcohn Mike Iupati and Adam Snyder had trouble just getting their hands on Carradine during one on one blocking drills. They'd reach out to punch his chest and he would slap their hands away and run right past them

Read more at http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/179059-2014-practice-recap-thread/page2/#post30

[ Edited by DeUh on Jul 31, 2014 at 7:42 AM ]
Tank really does have the opportunity to be a total game changer for this defense. If he can provide instant pass rush and allow us to roll DLs in waves, there is no telling how good this defense can be. He is exactly what this defense line needed.
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DeUh:
7. Tank Carradine

@taylorprice49Tank Carradine lined up as the right defensive tackle with the first defense.

@mattbarrows Tank made of iron @mattbarrows Carradine was the starting right defensive end in place of Justin Smith (shoulder).

@mattbarrows I'm not sure if it's possible to pancake guard Mike Iupati. But Tank Carradine came awfully close during one-on-one pass-rush drills when he forced the big left guard backward several steps. Everyone who is asked about Carradine invariably talks about his strength, and that's been evident in this drill.

@grantcohn Mike Iupati and Adam Snyder had trouble just getting their hands on Carradine during one on one blocking drills. They'd reach out to punch his chest and he would slap their hands away and run right past them

Read more at http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/179059-2014-practice-recap-thread/page2/#post30

Man, wouldn't it be nice to watch him chuck Wilson out of bounds like a worn out rag doll?
Wow..

He is gonna be scary this year!
Originally posted by Niners816:
Tank really does have the opportunity to be a total game changer for this defense. If he can provide instant pass rush and allow us to roll DLs in waves, there is no telling how good this defense can be. He is exactly what this defense line needed.

Looks like we are getting much deeper on the D-line, while the Hawks are getting much thinner...
Just 2 seasons ago our DLine was thin and the rotation was pathetic. When Justin went down w/an injury the whole line's performance fell.

Now, it is deep w/QUALITY! Kudos to Baalke.

Reports on Dial are very encouraging and TJE is picking up where he left off last season.

We have Dorsey, Ian and I cant wait for the Tank to start rolling over the opposition.

Originally posted by Geeked:
Originally posted by DeUh:
7. Tank Carradine

Man, wouldn't it be nice to watch him chuck Wilson out of bounds like a worn out rag doll?

Who is chuck wilson?

Wow! This is BAD news for any offensive coordinator not named Greg Roman. With a healthy Justin Smith and Carradine tearing apart teams on the interior our front seven will destroy all in its path.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by goodthings19:

Wow! This is BAD news for any offensive coordinator not named Greg Roman. With a healthy Justin Smith and Carradine tearing apart teams on the interior our front seven will destroy all in its path.

That was one of the things that really stood about Tank at FSU. His hands are so quick and strong he can disengage&redirect so easily.
[ Edited by Hopper on Jul 31, 2014 at 10:05 AM ]
For this guy to be doing this to veterans and Pro-Bowlers, wow. I can't wait to see him play in the preseason. Even if he only lines up against 2nd and 3rd stringers, if Tank destroys those guys, we know bare minimum, he will be a good rotational lineman. If things continue to go as they have, we will see much better than that .

Reports on Tank, Dial, and others in Camp are very encouraging. Hope there is a good rotation all season so everybody stays fresh through the game and through the Season.
Share 49ersWebzone