LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 270 users in the forums

Tank Carradine Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Horribly inconsistent in my opinion. All the negatives I saw:

- Often times the last person off the snap of the ball
- Got a LOT of help on plays he made, with a lot of stats compiled through the assistance of scheme. Not as much through individual effort.
- Struggled to disengage offensive linemen and relied too much on running around them
- Lacks a variety of pass rush moves, relying too much on athleticism instead of technique
- Coming off a season-ending injury
- Extremely raw and no experience dropping into coverage if they plan on moving him to OLB
- Good straight line speed, but mediocre change of direction.
- Often pushed back by running backs, far too often gaining extra yardage after contact

They selected him in the 2nd based ENTIRELY on potential and the hope they can convert an athlete into a football player. I pray they can do so, because if not, he will be a complete bust.

I have the polar opposite opinion on everything you said, except for the knee injury.

I agree with you total opposite opinion of him...
Originally posted by kray28:
So we got Tank anyway at #40 for a third rounder next year and an extra seventh rounder this year.

Baalke gets some props...he's drafting like a boss.

Definitely. I had Tank as our pick at #31 in the Zone Mock, but Baalke managed to grab a starting safety in the mid 1st and STILL get the Tank.

- Got a LOT of help on plays he made, with a lot of stats compiled through the assistance of scheme. Not as much through individual effort.
- Struggled to disengage offensive linemen and relied too much on running around them
- Lacks a variety of pass rush moves, relying too much on athleticism instead of technique
- Extremely raw and no experience dropping into coverage if they plan on moving him to OLB
- Often pushed back by running backs, far too often gaining extra yardage after contact

They selected him in the 2nd based ENTIRELY on potential and the hope they can convert an athlete into a football player. I pray they can do so, because if not, he will be a complete bust.
Very happy with our defensive picks so far.

If we could get Jordan Poyer in the 3th/4th round I would be ecstatic.
[ Edited by SFrush on Apr 26, 2013 at 5:37 PM ]
TANK!!!!
Happy the niners are addressing the DL

Jed York ‏@JedYork2h
Wish you could listen to Jimmy T talking to our newest Niner. Fired up doesn't begin to describe either side of the phone

https://twitter.com/JedYork
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Tomsula. We got Tomsula

I know dude has all the tools, he just needs coaching. That's why you higher the coachs, Rookie are far from finished products, He will come in get a few snaps here and there, but mainly will sit learn from Justin Smith and Tomsula on how to tap into all that talent.

Not I or anyone else knows what he'll amount to, but like everyone here, I hope I'm wrong about him. I have rarely been wrong about a guy I just didn't see panning out to be a star. I knew we were EXTREMELY interested in adding him and was convinced we would try to take him if we could. Now personally, I said I would take him in the 3rd at the earliest. I see him as a high-upside player who I think is one of the biggest risks in the draft. I think we feel we can afford that risk with the talent we already have.

Carradine doesn't lack positives to his game, but I think people should not ignore the clear hurdles he will need to overcome in his transition to the NFL. This is probably the largest player disagreement between MadDog and I in this draft. The board is similarly split. I'm just not sure he turns out to be a top-round player. I see him potentially just developing into "decent".
Jed York ‏@JedYork2h

Wish you could listen to Jimmy T talking to our newest Niner. Fired up doesn't begin to describe either side of the phone

TANK!!!!!!!!!!! wow we got him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALDON JR...love this pick, best DEFENSIVE LINEMAN IN THE DRAFT

OTC you crazy........watched all the draftbreakdown.com film on carradine....the guy is LEGIT

he gives 110% effort every play, sure he doesn't have a rare first step but he consistently beats his man and he plays the run extremely well also.

this guy was the best DE in the draft by far
Good Job Baalke!
Originally posted by Youngb:
Jed York ‏@JedYork2h

this is so awesome! I love that Tomsula is estactic
So when can Carradine be ready to play, ACL tear and all?
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
So when can Carradine be ready to play, ACL tear and all?

even if he sits out a year, it will be worth it.
Share 49ersWebzone