There are 172 users in the forums

Tank Carradine Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by xcfan:
Originally posted by buck:
Does he run the 100 or 200?

You are joking right, right. I have to think you are just making stuff up.

he used to run the 100m--under 11 seconds, in fact.

I have run the 100 for a time and I am not a sprinter.

Okoye does have a time for the 100 meters, but that does not make him a sprinter.

Okoye threw the discus competitively, but I have not found anything indicating that he ran the 100 meters in competition.

Do you have link that verifies your claim that he is or was a sprinter.
J. Smith, Jerod eddie and dobbs, and dorsey, playin well, particularly TJE. Tank has to wait his turn.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
J. Smith, Jerod eddie and dobbs, and dorsey, playin well, particularly TJE. Tank has to wait his turn.

No. Somethings wrong. My maternal instincts never fail me.
Originally posted by eonblue:
No. Somethings wrong. My maternal instincts never fail me.

You sir are a liar, everyone knows there's no such thing as girls on the internet.
Different responsibilities than in the college system. He might be useful as a situational pass rusher now, but how much can he catch up with only 3 weeks of practice? Not sure he's completely ready for game action.
Originally posted by SoCal9er:
Different responsibilities than in the college system. He might be useful as a situational pass rusher now, but how much can he catch up with only 3 weeks of practice? Not sure he's completely ready for game action.

I agree with this.

I think people are worried this is similar to the AJ jenkins and LMJ effect last year. We heard the same things from posters about their inabity to get on the field. Which is understanable.
with 2 important division games coming up, I don't see them chancing it with a wet-behind the ears rookie. After the homestand though, he could get a look especially if Ray Mac can't get back to reasonable health
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
with 2 important division games coming up, I don't see them chancing it with a wet-behind the ears rookie. After the homestand though, he could get a look especially if Ray Mac can't get back to reasonable health

If he was the best option i think he would play. Aldon rotated in his rookie year because he was ready. Reid was starter from day one. Either tank isn't ready or other guys are playing well ahead of him. I think its the latter and dobbs, dorsey and TJE are playing well.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
TJE looks powerful out there.

Seriously, Tomsula needs a lifetime contract, never ever let him leave the 49ers. They keep taking random undrafted guys and late round guys and making them more than passable. Seeing TJE develop reminds me of RJF and not because of the dual last names. If the 49ers had someone who is as good at coaching WR's as Tomsula is at coaching defensive linemen, that position would be a major strength on this team.

Agreed. Tomsula is the closest position coach we have to the late Bobb McKittrick.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
If he was the best option i think he would play. Aldon rotated in his rookie year because he was ready. Reid was starter from day one. Either tank isn't ready or other guys are playing well ahead of him. I think its the latter and dobbs, dorsey and TJE are playing well.

The only reason Tank isn't playing is because he's learning a new position.

• xcfan
  • Veteran
gotta get tank a few 3rd down reps at end, to see if his pass rush is as good as brooks
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
You sir are a liar, everyone knows there's no such thing as girls on the internet.

AAt this point I wish there was no such thing as a 40th pick so people would stop whining.
He'll be active this Sunday and get some game rebs. Dial will be inactive for Tank to be active. Is it just me, or Dial was hella slow off the line this past Monday? Dude looked like a giant but was really slow getting off the line, IMO.
Depends on how far ahead we can get in the score.

He definitely won't play against Seattle.
Ease him in very slow, just like Lattimore. No sense in rushing a player back when we already has some depth.
Share 49ersWebzone