LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 245 users in the forums

Tank Carradine Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NinerG94:
You just answered your own question there. This transformation takes time. Not only mentally but physically. I'm sure they have him on a weight regiment to add some beef to his frame which he can support. I don't think putting him at 34 end is miscasting him at all. In fact I believe he's better suited to play 3-4 end at this level than 4-3 end. I think Tank is going to be a monster.

Also keep in mind, Tank didn't have an offseason at all. NONE! That's devastating to a rookie player looking to get on the field especially at a new position. I know he's still a DE but his role will be quite different than he's used to. He'll be a great addition to the defense next season.

What are you guys talking about?

Who says Tank has to transform into a run stopper? I mean is this s coaches comment? Im just trying to figure out where this is coming from.

Tank will obviously have to do some run defending. It goes with the territory but Tank is going be 3-4 gap shooter. Eventually he will have to.evolve into a balanced defender but his 1st couple.of years will be just that simple.

Theres nothing wrong with his leg either. Hes not activated because Fangio. Plain and simple.
Originally posted by Allx9er:
not really, EH is saying that tank was a bad pick because of the type of player he is versus our scheme. Youre bringing up a player who was drafted for his potential when the FO knew full well the weren't likely to play him all year..

Nvm

Sorry. Not buying it. You're telling me because Tank is a pass rusher DE he's going to fail? Nope. Tank is going to add a different dimension to our front. Jesus Ive never seen so much doom surrounding a guy that hasn't played yet. At this point Ill be glad he steps out on the field just because.it means thede threads will stop popping up.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Yeah, I don't think the cat is ready yet.
I have seen Tomsula turn glitter into gold far too many times to doubt that he knows exactly what personnel he needs for his DL. Tomsula is the chief reason TJE and Dorsey has shined and he is the reason I am confident that both Tank and Okoye can make significant gains into next season
This thread can't be real? Tank sux because he was inactive yesterday?
Originally posted by eonblue:
Originally posted by Allx9er:
not really, EH is saying that tank was a bad pick because of the type of player he is versus our scheme. Youre bringing up a player who was drafted for his potential when the FO knew full well the weren't likely to play him all year..

Nvm

Sorry. Not buying it. You're telling me because Tank is a pass rusher DE he's going to fail? Nope. Tank is going to add a different dimension to our front. Jesus Ive never seen so much doom surrounding a guy that hasn't played yet. At this point Ill be glad he steps out on the field just because.it means thede threads will stop popping up.

Not buying it either
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Waste of a pick, Hope i'm wrong. He's a pass rushing 6'4 275lb DE and theyre trying to make him a runstopping 3/4 DE. Its not his style. His style is a Pass Rusher using his athletic ability. If they mis use him, it wont work. They need to atleast unleash him on some passing downs.

Back to the same old nonsense I see? Justin Smith was a 6'4", 265 pass rushing DE coming out of college, he's acclimated to the 3-4 just fine. The 49ers rely on lighter DE's than other 3-4 teams and they have to be able to both rush the passer and stop the run. None of what you are claiming about Carradine has any basis in actual fact.

BRB......one of the best, most explosive defensive ends in college last year can't fit on this team because some random poster on an internet forum says so.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Nov 26, 2013 at 12:15 PM ]
LOL. Dobbs and TJE are playing well no need to rush Tank if you have guys out there who are fully capable. This is a non-story...
TJE looks powerful out there.
  • evil
  • Veteran
a #40 overall pick should not be considered a "developmental" pick. At that spot you need STARTERS & production. Justin Smith coming out of Mizzou in 2001 was a BEAST much better prospect then this "Tank" dude who wasn't even a starter for FSU his senior year until game 2 when Brandon Jenkins got hurt.

There is no written or unwritten rule that states you must draft players who can start or contribute from day one at any given spot in the draft. One might make exception and look to draft players who can start or contribute early if their team is devoid of talent or in "win now" mode, but we are neither of those.

a #40 overall pick should not be considered a "developmental" pick. At that spot you need STARTERS & production. Justin Smith coming out of Mizzou in 2001 was a BEAST much better prospect then this "Tank" dude who wasn't even a starter for FSU his senior year until game 2 when Brandon Jenkins got hurt.

colin kaepernick was picked around 36 or 37 and was a developmental pick.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
TJE looks powerful out there.

Seriously, Tomsula needs a lifetime contract, never ever let him leave the 49ers. They keep taking random undrafted guys and late round guys and making them more than passable. Seeing TJE develop reminds me of RJF and not because of the dual last names. If the 49ers had someone who is as good at coaching WR's as Tomsula is at coaching defensive linemen, that position would be a major strength on this team.
he's got to earn his playing time first
Originally posted by socalniner:
he's got to earn his playing time first

yeah i dont really understand why people are so confused by it. a rookie, coming off an acl doesnt get mini camp or training camp and is supposed to over take the rotational guys who have a several month head start on him? i never thought of it that way.
Jerod-Eddie is playing well. Even Dobbs has been decent in TJE's normal spot. Theres no reason to force Dial or Carradine into snaps if theyre not fully ready yet.

I swear, some people have no patience and/or common sense.
Share 49ersWebzone