LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 251 users in the forums

Tank Carradine Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Do you think Dial was a good pick? And do you see him as a major player for us or just a backup type player who won't make much of an impact?

I see him as the next Ricky Jean Francois, slightly above average backup.
We drafted a bunch of guys simply to red shirt them. We do not have roster spots for these guys at this point!

You think LMJ is pissed, imagine how Lattimore would feel if he was on the 53 man roster right now, cause I don't even think he would be active on gamesdays.

Tank and Dial wouldn't be seeing much PT either, Fangio loves keeping JS and RayMac on the field.

Not sure why JH loves to redshirt rookies but he seems to have trust issues when it comes to playing rooks. He may want them to go through our training program first so that they are in shape to play 49er football. You would think we would draft players that are a bit more ready to play...
Originally posted by glorydayz:
We drafted a bunch of guys simply to red shirt them. We do not have roster spots for these guys at this point!

You think LMJ is pissed, imagine how Lattimore would feel if he was on the 53 man roster right now, cause I don't even think he would be active on gamesdays.

Tank and Dial wouldn't be seeing much PT either, Fangio loves keeping JS and RayMac on the field.

Not sure why JH loves to redshirt rookies but he seems to have trust issues when it comes to playing rooks. He may want them to go through our training program first so that they are in shape to play 49er football. You would think we would draft players that are a bit more ready to play...

Not really sure i agree with the "JH loving to redshirt rookies" comment. Aldon Smith, Culliver, Hunter and Miller all played huge roles their rookie season (not including Colin Jones since his big contributions were on ST and i think we are discussing more traditional roles). We all know about last years draft and lack of production, although LMJ did get a fair amount of pt, albeit due to Hunters injury. Reid is their starting FS this year, McDonald and Lemonier are getting quality time, Patton was getting on the field, and Tank and Dial would most likely be part of the rotation if not for their injuries and will most likely be apart of the rotation when they come back this year.
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Oct 3, 2013 at 12:50 PM ]
Yea if Tank was healthy he'd be seeing plenty of playing time. Fangio keeps raymac and js on the field so much b/c they have no suitable back ups. And Dial would see some subbing for Dorsey or in the 4 man front
Originally posted by lamontb:
Yea if Tank was healthy he'd be seeing plenty of playing time. Fangio keeps raymac and js on the field so much b/c they have no suitable back ups. And Dial would see some subbing for Dorsey or in the 4 man front

Lemonier can play.
Want to see this dude get on the field. We'll see where he stands after week 6 comes around.
So any word on if this guy starts practicing next week? Need him to get into the rotation.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
So any word on if this guy starts practicing next week? Need him to get into the rotation.

front page has a couple articles saying that Harbaugh expects both Tank, Dial and Manningham, as well as E.Wright to begin practicing next week.
Member Milestone: This is post number 600 for goodthings19.
@nfldraftscout: Was my No. 5 overall player in 2013 draft. RT @Bartlebee420: how do you feel about tank carradine? He says he feels great

Carridine is going to be a force to be reckoned with
sounds like the tank is ready to get rolling http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/Tank-Carradine-Feels-Ready-to-Play/b42e2995-66b0-44b2-9b25-0e98c88492dc

Originally posted by goodthings19:
@nfldraftscout: Was my No. 5 overall player in 2013 draft. RT @Bartlebee420: how do you feel about tank carradine? He says he feels great

Carridine is going to be a force to be reckoned with

It would be great for an extra boost. Plus with him starting in the middle of the season, there won't be any pressure on him to perform, so he can develop without much fanfare. If he's as good as Reid and Lemonier look so far, this draft will be crazy good!
He says he's ready to play, do u guys think he will be activated as soon as he's eligible week7?
Originally posted by matt49er:
He says he's ready to play, do u guys think he will be activated as soon as he's eligible week7?

Tank seems to hope so, hes learned alot from Justin and Ray but thinks the only way to understand game pace is by actually playing real game time.
  • thl408
Originally posted by matt49er:

It will depend on how the backup DEs are playing at the moment. I hope he can outperform Dobbs on the depth chart. If he does suit up and play it will be quite a shock for his body. No camp practices, no exhibition, just right into a playoff chase.
[ Edited by thl408 on Oct 8, 2013 at 9:24 PM ]
He has to work in slowly.
Share 49ersWebzone