LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 171 users in the forums

Tank Carradine Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by KegBert:
Originally posted by jreff22:
I LOVE THIS PICK

So does Tomsula

@JedYork "Wish you could listen to Jimmy T talking to our newest Niner. Fired up doesn't begin to describe either side of the phone"

Man I would pay a lot to hear that convo!
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I like the pick. Hope he can add weight and make the successful transition to 3-4 DE. I suppose now we spend the next few picks on offense? The only other high need spot left on D is CB and maybe OLB.

carradine was quoted in the milwaukee sentennial journal draft series as saying that he puts on and takes off weight easily..was 289 lbs after his knee surgery
im so glad Tomsula stayed. He'll get the best out of his guys.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

this guy is a beast!!! the music they picked sucks so put it on mute lol

Guy looks like a stud on film.
Originally posted by hofer36:
carradine was quoted in the milwaukee sentennial journal draft series as saying that he puts on and takes off weight easily..was 289 lbs after his knee surgery

I'm pretty good at that trick too....I just need to sit around munching on Lamar's doughnuts and cheeseburgers for a few weeks. :)

The key is to make as much of that lean muscle as possible. :P
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

I'm pretty good at that trick too....I just need to sit around munching on Lamar's doughnuts and cheeseburgers for a few weeks. :)

Justin will work him like a $2 hooker
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Justin will work him like a $2 hooker

lol jreff. Yeah, anyone can put on weight like you said Phoenix most of it has to be in muscle but I am confident with Justin, the other guys on our team and Mark Uyeyama it will get done. Aldon was puking on one of the first days he worked out with Justin and the DL gang. That turned out all right.
Frank the Tank and now Tank... the um... Tank
I really like this pick. He looks like he can take over games.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
guess we're taking the pass rush approach to defend against harvin and austin. fck covering them. If you can't get the ball off, no need.

Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Frank the Tank and now Tank... the um... Tank

Dank!
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
guess we're taking the pass rush approach to defend against harvin and austin. fck covering them. If you can't get the ball off, no need.

Yes beat the QB up all game every game and just maul mofos with our front 7. And we still got hitters on the back end ready to punish fools. Just beat teams up on defense and punish them with our ground game
I figure this is as good a place as any to drop my scouting report on him. Based off of 3 or 4 games of his on Youtube.I tried to be as critical as possible and not be swayed by my preexisting man-crush.
----
Has a great motor, works himself back into the play even when he's beat initially. Can run across the field and run down plays from behind. Keeps his eyes on the play and can locate the ball, weave his way through the trash and make the tackle.

Doesn't get fooled easily by misdirection, or play-fakes and usually knows where the ball is. He needs to get better at recognizing when to stay back and be cautious and when to be aggressive, but that comes with game experience, practice, and film study.

Can occasionally get too passive at times and wait for the play to come to him instead of going to the play.

Hold's the point of attack well but has struggles disengaging from blocks in time to make the tackle on the RB immediately. Allows the RB to gain a couple extra yards even though he was in good position because he can't get his hands free soon enough.

Tried to beat the tackle around the edge and ends up taking a too wide an angle because he's not a speed rusher who can bend real well. That's not his game. He does have a very nice swim move but could use a better array of moves. He's much better when bull rushing where he can use his strength and long arms.

Overall, he boasts the size, strength athleticism and smarts to be a dominant 3-4 DE for us in time. He's raw and will need to develop, but he's got the right guys to learn from.
Another great pick! Reid and Carradine are perfect fits and extremely strong athletes.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by KegBert:
I LOVE THIS PICK

So does Tomsula

@JedYork "Wish you could listen to Jimmy T talking to our newest Niner. Fired up doesn't begin to describe either side of the phone"

Man I would pay a lot to hear that convo!

You got me?
Share 49ersWebzone