LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 224 users in the forums

Is Mark Sanchez really that bad?

Shop 49ers game tickets
I'll say this. Yes, he looks bad, but to me, the coaching has looked horrible. I've watched two Jets games in the last year and in both games, I saw sequences where Sanchez would start to get hot and connect on passes and then, out of nowhere, the coach would send Tebow in for a play. Tebow would run around a little and throw a duck for an incompletion. Then, Sanchez would come out again and look out of whack. I can't explain why any coach would yank a QB just when he's starting to move the team down the field to put a guy like Tim Tebow in for one play.
Whatever deficiencies he had were masked early on by the Jets defense and their running game. These last couple of years, all that went away. The defense can't stop anyone, their offensive line went downhill and with it the running game, and their skill players are well below average. Sanchez can't make up for all those issues with his talent alone (............sounds alot like Alex Smith, doesn't it?). Would I want him to come here to play for the Niners? Absolutely not, because he doesn't fit our system. Then again, he could end up in Jacksonville or somewhere else next year when the Jets won't lose so much money by cutting him.
IDK if the jets were tanking or what but their playcalling is idiotic.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

It is irrelevant because they had Sanchez running the offense.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

It is irrelevant because they had Sanchez running the offense.

I sawr alot of running plays on third down.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
I've seen some suggest he'd be a very strong backup.

He wouldn't be a good #2 if he was floating in a toilet bowl.
Let me just start off saying that yes, I think in this current stage of his career, Sanchez is very much a below average quarterback. With that said though, he could improve just like anybody else with the right tools around him. I think bringing Marty Mornhinweg was a good start. Still though, this is another offseason learning a new playbook for him that will chip away some developmental time. How can you get better fundamentally if you still don't know the plays your calling?

I also find it distasteful that yet again on NFL.com there is another "unnamed" jets player calling him out in the media. Look we all have heard this guy analyzed in the media from pillar to post and we get it. It shows a lot of immaturity of that team though to continue using the media anonymously to fire bullets at their signal caller. The next question should be is yes Sanchez is far from a consistent accurate quarterback but why aren't his receivers (probably the anonymous crowd) getting open more often either. In watching a couple jets games last year, it looked like a lot of throws were being forced to receivers that simply didn't have separation on many occasions. I also saw him misfiring on open receivers too as well, but it goes both ways.

I think that the first thing the Jets players should learn in the development of any quarterback is confidence. When a guy is constantly kicked under the bus openly and having salt sprinkled amongst the wounds, his confidence is never going to improve. Maybe Sanchez has a ceiling no better than average but he is never going to improve if even marginally while he is consistently badmouthed through the media. The guy has been serviceable when he had serviceable players around him and the Jets have continued to let those core players deteriorate around him without much effort to replace them. Just like last year, their receiving corps was average and thin at best and now they return pretty much that same corps but minus Keller. He was Sanchez's safety blanket now can anybody even name who starts in Keller's place this year?

Bottom line is the man hasn't been set up to succeed so is Sanchez an average quarterback that looks worse because of so much distraction around him? Can anybody say Tebow? A media darling but how many times last year did Sanchez start finding a rhythm, just to have Tebow come in and run for either plus two or minus two yards? Then Sanchez goes back in and throws a pick or loses his rhythm and the jets end up punting. Could he develop to be above average again? Or does he just simply stink? I think yes could be applied to both of those really, and until the Jets learn how to set a quarterback up for success like they did early in Sanchez's career, no quarterback is going flourish there. They better get on the ball before they ruin another young quarterback's career waiting in the wings there too.
This guy is done.

He threw three INTs in practice the other day.

That , coupled with people bringing him down, as well as the whole Tebow thing last year, it's Rocky after getting KOed by Mr T situation.
http://deadspin.com/mark-sanchezs-ass-apparently-made-an-appearance-at-boo-580634617

what a douche lol

Short answer: yes.

Yes. Mark Sanchez is horrible.
That game he had against the Titans on MNF was one of the worst performances of any player in 2012.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
http://deadspin.com/mark-sanchezs-ass-apparently-made-an-appearance-at-boo-580634617

what a douche lol

Explains his piss poor play. Doesn't take life serious enough.
Originally posted by niners94:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

what a douche lol

Explains his piss poor play. Doesn't take life serious enough.

he's already a multi millionaire and cant get any girl, i dont think he gives two s**ts about being a good qb anymore
He's very bad at not letting stupid stuff get on the internet.
Share 49ersWebzone