LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 272 users in the forums

Jacksonville, Miami and Minnesota NEW Uniforms....

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by PrisonOfGlass:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by susweel:
list of uniforms ruined by Nike so far.

Seaturds
Jags

seaturds have ALWAYS been ruined

I'll probably catch heat for this, but I think the new Hawks jerseys are slick. Slicker than Mrs. Wilson after a Kaep smear.

Nah...no worries. No prob to like the unis of a rival.

I like their all grey unis. I think they wore them against Buffalo...kinda like the ones West Virginia wore at times this year.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by susweel:
list of uniforms ruined by Nike so far.

Seaturds
Jags

seaturds have ALWAYS been ruined

Their road uniforms look just like bird s**t.
I guess I'm outnumbered here but I really like Miami's new unis... I think they look simple, clean, and well-designed (and while I'm no expert, I've taken a few design courses).
Minnesota's aren't too bad either.
Not a big fan of Jacksonville's because I've never liked black pants too much. Can you imagine how hot those unis get playing in Florida in August and September? Yikes!

I'm pretty old school so I've always liked simple, clean looks with NFL unis. IMHO, the best ones are the ones that haven't changed too much over the years....Green Bay, Pittsburgh, San Francisco, Chicago, NY Giants, Indy, NY Jets, Oakland, and KC to name a few. Those are all classic....simple, colorful, and timeless.

I think the Rams should go back to those great blue unis with the blue and white helmets (they wore those until the early 70s when they brought yellow into their color scheme).

The Seahawks, on the other hand, have never had a really good uni in their existence. Good team now tho'.

Cheers!
[ Edited by nw9erfan on May 2, 2013 at 12:14 AM ]
Originally posted by nw9erfan:
I guess I'm outnumbered here but I really like Miami's new unis... I think they look simple, clean, and well-designed (and while I'm no expert, I've taken a few design courses).
Not a big fan of Jacksonville's because I've never liked black pants too much. Can you imagine how hot those unis get playing in Florida in August and September? Yikes!

I'm pretty old school so I've always liked simple, clean looks with NFL unis. IMHO, the best ones are the ones that haven't changed too much over the years....Green Bay, Pittsburgh, San Francisco, Chicago, NY Giants, Indy, NY Jets, Oakland, and KC to name a few. Those are all classic....simple, colorful, and timeless.

I think the Rams should go back to those great blue unis with the blue and white helmets (they wore those until the early 70s when they brought yellow into their color scheme).

The Seahawks, on the other hand, have never had a really good uni in their existence. Good team now tho'.

Cheers!

Upgrade.
Those stupid ass helmets make me laugh so hard every time I see them

Just ridiculous, it's like something out of a Jerry Zucker movie

• Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by zillabeast:

It wouldn't be as bad if the fade more drawn out and subtle. Looks like it's just a damn line.
Originally posted by Janitor:

It wouldn't be as bad if the fade more drawn out and subtle. Looks like it's just a damn line.

Or a jaguar with a ridiculously gigantic golden mane being force-fed an equally gigantic pill (the white attachment for the facemask)
I think the only uniforms that have been ruined or downgraded are the jags. The helmet is f**king disgusting. I can't believe anyone would approve that. The hawks and dolphins both upgraded.
jags uni is turrible. look for a new one within the next two years
Originally posted by xtm059:
jags uni is turrible. look for a new one within the next two years

Why do they even exist? They need to move somewhere else.............

• xcfan
  • Veteran
the matte finish on helmets has to go. those look like toys-r-us helmets.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame

i swear the original concept they showed was a gradual fade. i agree its so terrible.

no way this lasts long.
Originally posted by Crown:

i swear the original concept they showed was a gradual fade. i agree its so terrible.

no way this lasts long.

When I first read about what these were supposed to look like, I thought Nike had come up with some revolutionary paint where it's one color if you're looking from one angle, and changes completely from another angle.

The whole thing sounded great on paper

Then I saw one for the first time...and I originally thought they had pulled it off, that I was seeing an image of a helmet morphing from one color to the other based on where you are in relation to it

Then I saw them some more and realized that nope, all they did was color the helmet half gold, half black lol

What kills me is that it wouldn't look as terrible if the half and half paint job was down down the center of the helmet, splitting the left and right sides, that might have actually worked

This thing just looks silly though lol
Originally posted by nw9erfan:

Cheers!

Outside of the Rams suggestion (I personally prefer the 90's blue and yellow with the modern fit -- picture below), I pretty much agree with everything else you said. Simple is better when it comes to football. If anyone decides to make significant changes to the Niner threads, I will punch someone.

Anytime people bring up bad uniforms, these three come to mind:

The original 1960 Denver Broncos Uniform

The Original Pittsburg Steelers

The 1933 Philadelphia Eagles

Share 49ersWebzone