LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 219 users in the forums

Jets agree to trade Revis to Bucs

Shop 49ers game tickets
Who's minding the store?

I don't know anything about their cap situation BUT i do now thaey've shelled out lots of $$$ and IMO weren't a quality contender last season.

Worst things have happened and all I can say is I'M GLAD IT WASN'T US!
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
The Bucs spending tons for high price players still wont earn them a spot in the playoffs lol.

Actually they have the pieces to be a scary team. The only problem is the inconsistency of QB Josh Freeman. The dude has Doug Martin, Dallas Clark, Mike Williams, and Vincent Jackson with a solid OL. I have seen Freeman have some great games but then it is like he does not show up the following week. This is Josh's make it or break it year. Dude has potential but does not play smart at times. They have also addressed their DL in a few drafts with some solid players surrounding the defensive side of the ball.

It's a contract year, I'm sure he'll break records and win the Super Bowl
They would be close to paper champions... Carl Nicks, Vincent Jackson, Dashon Goldson, Darelle Revis, Mark Barron, Mike Williams, Doug Martin, etc, etc. Going to be really tough to go cross country and face them in TB. I wouldn't be surprised if we lost but then again who knows how the players will gel and how Freeman, Goldson and Revis will do. A lot of teams are full of all stars or big names and don't produce. Part of it's chemistry and part of it's guys not working together as a team.

Also, that makes Minnesota, St Louis and New York with 2 picks in the 1st round. We have 2 picks in the top 34. 4 teams with multiple picks in the the top 34 had to be close to a record? Makes the draft that much more exciting for those team's fans.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Apr 21, 2013 at 11:19 AM ]
1 yr rental at a hefty price, could blow up in their face if they have a mediocre season and revis decides to sign with a contender for less next season.
Idiots.
Originally posted by Wheelz29:
1 yr rental at a hefty price, could blow up in their face if they have a mediocre season and revis decides to sign with a contender for less next season.

True, I see Revis going for the money before going to a contender though. He should have the knowledge to make the right decision though. He went from a few AFC Championships to now with the Jets. He's seen both sides.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Coaching trumps talent.

We'll see if Schiano can use his new toys correctly.
Lol bucs trying to buy a superbowl. In the end, their success falls on Freemans ability to take the next step.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by Wheelz29:

True, I see Revis going for the money before going to a contender though. He should have the knowledge to make the right decision though. He went from a few AFC Championships to now with the Jets. He's seen both sides.

They already have a contract extension worked out.
dreaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam teaaaaaaaaaaaam.

lol
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
The Bucs spending tons for high price players still wont earn them a spot in the playoffs lol.

Exactly it!
Crush their dreams this December
Any word on the compensation? Surprised nothing's leaked by now.
  • JD81
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Any word on the compensation? Surprised nothing's leaked by now.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter40s
Trade official: Darrelle Revis passed physical. Bucs send 1st in 2013 and conditional 4th in 2014 that could be 3rd to Jets. More on ESPNews

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter18s
Darrelle Revis received a 6-yr deal from the Bucs that makes him highest paid DB in NFL history but includes NO guaranteed money. None.
[ Edited by JD81 on Apr 21, 2013 at 1:46 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone