LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 312 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

• DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
Alex just never had the "IT" factor coming out the draft that year I watched ALOT of Cal games and seen a lot of Aaron Rodgers and that guy has "IT" Kap has "IT" Alex never did
Originally posted by sweetDwilly:
@ Mr.Mcgibblets

Do you know where's the best site for buying Alex Smith Fatheads? Also, would I get a discount for buying more than 5 at a time?

nope.. never bought any Alex stuff.. last jersey I bought was a Bryant Young one. Good luck finding what you need.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Don't forget the Jets game...probably one of the worst games Smith played of 2012...and we blew out the Jets

You just looking at his yardage total? Alex barely had to do anything... we ran down their throats to the tune of 250+ yards.

looking at passes and attempts around 50%...pretty much a normal game pass attempt wise...i wonder why he didn't want to get in the action with a TD or two
looking at passes and attempts around 50%...pretty much a normal game pass attempt wise...i wonder why he didn't want to get in the action with a TD or two

because he only cares about wins, would be my honest guess...

so why waste 50% of his throws..he should just checked those attempts to more runs ? ...oh that AS... he did it so his Defense can score more TDs
so why waste 50% of his throws..he should just checked those attempts to more runs ? ...oh that AS... he did it so his Defense can score more TDs

Still seems that the argument is between those who want a vertical passing game versus those who want a WCO. If he wins, has a very high rating, but doesn't throw as many passes as a losing QB...that's bad? Odd perspective.
Don't forget the Jets game...probably one of the worst games Smith played of 2012...and we blew out the Jets

You just looking at his yardage total? Alex barely had to do anything... we ran down their throats to the tune of 250+ yards.

Alex made some horrible overthrows in that game. Luckily our running game and defense absolutely killed the Jets.

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Alex will get benched midseason in 2014 and will re-sign with the 49ers in 2015 as Kap's backup, book it.

Just like the predictions of Alex being only a backup since returning from the shoulder injury. Just like the predictions that he would never be in the top 10 of all QB passer ratings.. that JT O'Sullivan, Nate Davis, and Shaun Hill were better QBs... that he could never help get us to the playoffs... that he would get Harbaugh fired with his crap play... that he would never garner a decent draft pick in trade...

Oh, how many times must you detractors eat the heaping mounds of crow that Alex serves up for you every year?

I didn't say Alex would play so bad that it would lead to his benching. The team as a whole could be terrible, Alex could get injured and the Chiefs draft/trade for another QB and go in a different direction. Many possibilities. I just don't see him as a long term solution in KC. Just my opinion, not trying to hate on the guy.
  • fly15
  • Veteran

way too funny

5-11

No way Chiefs can win more without a top notched defense and special teams. Especially with AS at quarterback. Unfortunately for them their qb struggles will continue.
Now I can also use this thread for AJ Jenkins failings.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Now I can also use this thread for AJ Jenkins failings.

Cast yorn eyes upon the flaws within, before the ice breaks beneath your feet!
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Well, this is here is frequently no fun for me. I'd just as soon have Alex's name disappear from the WZ at this point, as it is now abundantly clear that with every bit of KC info that comes in here, the detractors have to continue with their nasty, bitter, recycled hate of the QB.

It is both fascinating and horrific that the detractors so happy to see Alex gone can not simply let him be gone. Can you explain why that is?

Same reason why you won't let him go and continue to support him despite not being part of the franchise anymore. You thought highly of him others didn't. Either way that opinion doesn't just go away.

Hmm, if you think about it, the reasons are not the same... at all.

Yeah, that's a pretty bizarre response. If you disliked Alex and are glad to be rid of him, it stands to reason that you would be happier that he's gone and never (or rarely) have to speak his name. Instead, it seems people are obsessed with continuing to follow him around (even to KC forums) and try to minimize him. Makes sense that fans of his would keep an active interest... makes no sense that those disliking him would go out of their way to keep the discussion going.

Yeah, guess I shouldn't have been surprised about this at all.
After looking at their schedule I can see KC getting 8-9 wins, if they stay healthy and the passing game gives Charles some help.
Share 49ersWebzone