There are 202 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by kcfan11:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Alex Smith's career record when the opponent scores at least 24 points: 2-27-1.

Wrap it up. That's all you need to know.

Bump.

KC fan, Alex was on the most talented team in the league and still had issues and was very sporadic from game to game. Your guy Bowe is money wasted with Alex at QB. You guys need to spend that money on TEs with Alex at QB. Drives will stall and scores will be low because he will not try to make nifty throws because he can't. He will rarely make a good throw if he doesn't have perfect space and his legs underneath him. He will rarely adjust his aim at the last second.

He has a marginal arm and his ability is over rated. What he will provide you is a good brain that understands the playbook and how it works on paper. Veering from that to make plays is his weakness. He is a robotic player which is why he is great if everything works as designed.

One word
Limited.

Where were you last week when he carved up the Saints defense?

2 letters
BS

You mean all the checkdowns? Saints are a very aggressive defense but they forgot that Alex feeds off blitzer via his TE's and RB's. I said it after that game, if you blitz one man and focus more on the underneath targets and less outside the hashes, Smith turns into junk.

Don't worry, you will see.

The Saints allowed for Smith's reads to work as written as the plays were designed. If you blitz one man, he immediately goes to what the playbook says and will quickly eliminate his WR's as targets because he will anticipate pressure. Like I said, if the defense does not focus on the underneath targets, then Smith is Golden. If they force him to throw to his WR's in man coverage...he sucks.
[ Edited by Joecool on Aug 17, 2013 at 6:00 PM ]
Originally posted by hofer36:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
So glad to be on the other side of Alex Smith and see The Alexcuses.

colin kaerepnick is a great young talent, im not meaning to be disparaging of him here, but im sure youve heard many posters say "but jhe has only had 10 starts" youve probably said so yourself, maybe when talking about a play like the 4th and 5 in the superbowl or the pick on the pass to moss...fact is that somes times an excuse is justified....roman didnt give kaeprnick a good set of plays on the last drive vs ravens...is that a kaerpscus ofr a legit point?

Kap has a lot to prove this year because of his lack of experience. But you all seen what he is capable of. Alex Smith...I'm sorry, but if you are expecting Drew Brees-like stats, good luck. Your fanbase will get frustrated with Mr. 299 or they will blame his surroundings.

One thing is for sure, Alex leaves the fans with a feeling that there were some big plays left on that field after the game.
Alex Smith's career record when the opponent scores at least 24 points: 2-27-1.

Wrap it up. That's all you need to know.

uh Joe I need to more...what is his record in the last 2 years when the opponent scores at least 24 points--i mean we can all agree that in the past two years he had superior coaching and a very good supporting cast of olineman and playmakers.....before then, not so much...i mean look at what the defense was giving up in 2005 and 2006...there were games when the skins scored 50 the bears and chiefs put up iover 40...i mean even with superior coaching and a very good supporting cast kaerpenick, a great young talent, could not overcome the 42 the seahawks put on the board

cmon joe, lets look into it a little more...i mean i appreciate that you offer actual numbers and observations to support your arguments against Smith, more so than the typical cyber bullies, who werent heard from last week when Smith hit 7-8 and led his team to a td in his sole drive...

He did well with Harbaugh...but the talent the offense had...could've blew the lid open. Alex won't give you that. It was a bummer his targets had 3 drops but that has been common with Alex. I have always said that he throws so little to his WR's that they don't get into a flow. I know, it's their job but for some reason, Alex just doesn't get the ball out quick or there's something missing there between him and the receivers. It happened a lot here and we didn't have "bad" receivers. Same ones Kap dealt with but Kap gave the receiver more chances to make big plays. I think there is some sort of disconnect in terms of belief when Smith is involved.

colin kaerepnick is a great young talent, im not meaning to be disparaging of him here, but im sure youve heard many posters say "but jhe has only had 10 starts" youve probably said so yourself, maybe when talking about a play like the 4th and 5 in the superbowl or the pick on the pass to moss...fact is that somes times an excuse is justified....roman didnt give kaeprnick a good set of plays on the last drive vs ravens...is that a kaerpscus ofr a legit point?

Many players have fans who make justified excuses for certain players.

Alex just has so many justified excuses.
uh Joe I need to more...what is his record in the last 2 years when the opponent scores at least 24 points--i mean we can all agree that in the past two years he had superior coaching and a very good supporting cast of olineman and playmakers.....before then, not so much...i mean look at what the defense was giving up in 2005 and 2006...there were games when the skins scored 50 the bears and chiefs put up iover 40...i mean even with superior coaching and a very good supporting cast kaerpenick, a great young talent, could not overcome the 42 the seahawks put on the board

cmon joe, lets look into it a little more...i mean i appreciate that you offer actual numbers and observations to support your arguments against Smith, more so than the typical cyber bullies, who werent heard from last week when Smith hit 7-8 and led his team to a td in his sole drive...
Hey I'm only asking are you a Chief's fan? It seems your comments are from a Chief's fan point of view.

dump offs and check downs in his first preseason game is nothing to get excited about.

Many players have fans who make justified excuses for certain players.

Alex just has so many justified excuses.

and are fans who say Kaerpernick has just had 10 starts--are they making justified excuses for him?
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

dump offs and check downs in his first preseason game is nothing to get excited about.

they scored---and it was a preseason game---teams dont show alot in preseason, dont game plan alot do they?
kaepernick was 4-4 vs broncos and drive ended in a field goal---rusell wilson tonite had td on his first drive vs broncos...so are we to conclude wilson is better because he did better vs a common opponent? I dont think so but by the logic expressed here, i guess so
I mean really .... Who cares. No hate. But really
Originally posted by Gores21:

Hey I'm only asking are you a Chief's fan? It seems your comments are from a Chief's fan point of view.

Im glad you are only asking...im foremost a niners fans, have been since 1968...i dont think my comments are from a chiefs fan point of view....why do you think that, because im not joining in the alex smith pile on"...there are enough here doing that! im just trying to add a little balance and what i think is fairness to the debate

please tell me what specific cooments i made would suggest im a chiefs fan

• jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by D-NOTTE:
I mean really .... Who cares. No hate. But really

This lol
Smith is gone......GO 49ERS!
/Thread
I seem to recall 49er fans being rather pissed at New Orleans in a pre-season game in a previous year for blitzing a lot and abusing our QBs. SF simply just did the same thing to KC. Game planning makes a huge difference, ESPECIALLY against blitz packages. Reading a lot into this game is silliness, either way.
Originally posted by captveg:
I seem to recall 49er fans being rather pissed at New Orleans in a pre-season game in a previous year for blitzing a lot and abusing our QBs. SF simply just did the same thing to KC. Game planning makes a huge difference, ESPECIALLY against blitz packages. Reading a lot into this game is silliness, either way.

With our 2nd stringers....
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by captveg:

With our 2nd stringers....

If you don't plan for blitz packages and don't pick them up the personnel doing the blitzing won't make too much of a difference.

When the Saints did it to SF that previous pre-season game they didn't have all their starters in, and they were a mediocre defense at best, but still made the SF starting o-line look terrible.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
i change my vote to 0-7.

only reason AS had success here is because of our D. Same o' smith.
Share 49ersWebzone