LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 333 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

blah blah blah... Alex will be fine. He isn't wowing me like I would ideally want, but he's doing okay with a new and flawed team. Just needs to stop targeting Baldwin, That dude sucks. Too many drops and poor route angles (looking at you on one, Bowe). There were a few annoying decisions (indecisions) from Alex, but as usual, people are overreacting with their extreme bias.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Alex Smith's career record when the opponent scores at least 24 points: 2-27-1.

Wrap it up. That's all you need to know.

Bump.

KC fan, Alex was on the most talented team in the league and still had issues and was very sporadic from game to game. Your guy Bowe is money wasted with Alex at QB. You guys need to spend that money on TEs with Alex at QB. Drives will stall and scores will be low because he will not try to make nifty throws because he can't. He will rarely make a good throw if he doesn't have perfect space and his legs underneath him. He will rarely adjust his aim at the last second.

He has a marginal arm and his ability is over rated. What he will provide you is a good brain that understands the playbook and how it works on paper. Veering from that to make plays is his weakness. He is a robotic player which is why he is great if everything works as designed.

One word
Limited.

Where were you last week when he carved up the Saints defense?

2 letters
BS
Originally posted by kcfan11:

2 letters
BS

The Saints defense is mediocre at best
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

2 letters
BS

True, but they should've been able to handle a team that's in transition learning a new offense. It just goes to show that they are still a work in progress and playing against the best defense in the 49ers was going to be a huge test on how far along they are. Like I said if they didn't learn anything or do anything about how the 49ers defense played them they will not be a very good team. I for one don't see them going into the season unprepared for what you guys showed us.

A lot of you guys chalked it up to "it's a preseason game" last week and now all of a sudden it counts and we suck now. C'mon, it's obvious what's going on here and these culprits know who they are.
the 49ers defense was going to be a huge test? does that include beating the 49ers 2nd string defense as well?
the 49ers defense was going to be a huge test? does that include beating the 49ers 2nd string defense as well?

Yes, we have a rookie right tackle and had a rookie hb picking up blitzes.
[ Edited by kcfan11 on Aug 17, 2013 at 2:21 PM ]
So glad to be on the other side of Alex Smith and see The Alexcuses.
Originally posted by AmpLee:

2 letters
BS

True, but they should've been able to handle a team that's in transition learning a new offense. It just goes to show that they are still a work in progress and playing against the best defense in the 49ers was going to be a huge test on how far along they are. Like I said if they didn't learn anything or do anything about how the 49ers defense played them they will not be a very good team. I for one don't see them going into the season unprepared for what you guys showed us.

A lot of you guys chalked it up to "it's a preseason game" last week and now all of a sudden it counts and we suck now. C'mon, it's obvious what's going on here and these culprits know who they are.

Yeah, one only hopes that your first string offense will be better prepared to handle other teams' second and third string defenses.

They handled the Saints just fine. The Saints were so confident in their 1st string defense that they elected to defer when they won the coin toss.
Originally posted by AmpLee:

2 letters
BS

Yeah, one only hopes that your first string offense will be better prepared to handle other teams' second and third string defenses.

They handled the Saints just fine. The Saints were so confident in their 1st string defense that they elected to defer when they won the coin toss.

Come on man, the Saints were the worst D in the history of the NFL last year.
I wish I could change my vote to 7-9, I think we will be getting a 3rd rounder out of the deal. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:
I am seriously saying this, Cheifs backup is better than Alex.

I'd take Chase over Alex. Alex plays with way too much fear. You can blame Nolan for that if you want....but he can only win one way....and if that running game and defense is not clicking then you will lose. Chase is not as conservative/afraid to make a play.

your right there little buddy ..and while we are at it lets take bj daniels over kapernick...i mean daniels got the winning td and kaepernick missed a wide open hall for a sure td then hit the rb for MINUS 3 yards...omg I think the Niners are going to suck this year...kaepernick was awful last night...gheez harbsy youre on to sumthin here...bashing smith sure is a good way to mask our insecutrities over whetther kaepernick can do it this year, right harbs
[ Edited by hofer36 on Aug 17, 2013 at 3:29 PM ]
I don't understand how people STILL talk down on Alex after the past two and half years he has put up in SF. He has been rock solid since the Eagles Boo game at the Stick. Is he A-Rod or Brees? Heck no. But on most Sundays I would tale Alex over a lot of QB's. In this pass happy league I see a lot of QBs throw their teams out of the games, ints, three and outs, etc. Alex isn't a world beater but with the right game plan and talent he can make things happen. Pre-concussion Alex was balling and you all know it.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
So glad to be on the other side of Alex Smith and see The Alexcuses.

They never stop do they? lol

Best of luck to him but he is what he is
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
I don't understand how people STILL talk down on Alex after the past two and half years he has put up in SF. He has been rock solid since the Eagles Boo game at the Stick. Is he A-Rod or Brees? Heck no. But on most Sundays I would tale Alex over a lot of QB's. In this pass happy league I see a lot of QBs throw their teams out of the games, ints, three and outs, etc. Alex isn't a world beater but with the right game plan and talent he can make things happen. Pre-concussion Alex was balling and you all know it.

Could be one or all of these reasons:

- some only respect the deep passing game and 5,000 yard QBs.
- some have dug in so deeply into their opinion of Smith and his first few years that nothing can ever change it.
- some have hurt feelings towards other posters from past conversations, and just lash out at Alex to try and get even.
- some are angry that Alex has proven them wrong.. time and again.. on many things.

I think everyone knows that while Alex hasn't and probably won't set the football world on fire, he is a good and capable starting QB. I wouldn't expect everyone here to openly admit this... but I think everyone believes this.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
blah blah blah... Alex will be fine. He isn't wowing me like I would ideally want, but he's doing okay with a new and flawed team. Just needs to stop targeting Baldwin, That dude sucks. Too many drops and poor route angles (looking at you on one, Bowe). There were a few annoying decisions (indecisions) from Alex, but as usual, people are overreacting with their extreme bias.

wow im actually shocked you admitted something lol
Share 49ersWebzone