LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 305 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Anyone see the report on nfl network says andy reid tried to trade for alex smith several times when he was on the eagles.
Originally posted by Empire49:
One thing you should keep in mind is Alex has never had the killer instinct. He isn't a guy that will carry the offense with his arm. He is a smart QB, but he out-thinks himself and takes very few chances. This will result in few turnovers, but it will also result in a dink-and-dunk offense. This type of offense will work fine if your defense can hold off the opposing team, but it's going to be a problem if your offense needs to put up 30+.

Andy's tendency to throw the ball may change the way Alex plays, which could be good and bad. If he becomes more aggressive, he will commit more turnovers. If he doesn't, your offense will lack the firepower needed to hang with high-powered teams unless your defense can shut them down. Alex isn't the type of QB that will give you the best of both worlds.

As for the poster who said we won championships with the same dink and dunk offense... those championship teams had no problem putting up 30 points. Dink and dunk philosophy, but that offense, at the time, was unstoppable because nobody knew how to defend it. That isn't the case anymore.

This. If the Chiefs D plays lights out, they will win a lot of games. If their D is poop and gets down early. Then good luck. Anyone comparing Smith's play to the days when we had Young and Montana or even Garcia is out to lunch. We never had a prolific offense with Alex. Not even close. So much delusion here it makes me laugh.
The offense was very good here the last 2 seasons. The only knock Alex was that it wasn't as explosive quick strike and aggressive downfield until Kap took over. But anyone saying we didn't have one of the better offenses in this league under Alex was sleeping. Now I can agree that Kap unleashed our true potential as Vernon Davis said "they took the chains off". We need look no further than to what Alex did week 1 in Lambeau vs Aaron Rodgers. Alex was very good
Anyone watch Smitty in KC last night. Glad he's gone he was captain check down All over again. He attempted nothing but check downs to the slot receivers, TE's and backs. I had a complete déjà vu. Glad we turned the page. Go Niners. BTW I say 8 games for Smitty and KC.
[ Edited by ninerfan818 on Aug 10, 2013 at 6:10 PM ]
Smith and Reid know their tribulations last season are the reason they are together. And they know the success of the Chiefs is largely dependent on them.

"We'd love to stick it to everybody who thought we couldn't do it, he and I included," Smith, 29, said in a recent interview.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/11/sports/football/leaders-of-the-chiefs-seek-fresh-start-on-team-that-needs-one.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

We haven't heard much from this Alex before. I like it.
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
Anyone watch Smitty in KC last night. Glad he's gone he was captain check down All over again. He attempted nothing but check downs to the slot receivers, TE's and backs. I had a complete déjà vu. Glad we turned the page. Go Niners. BTW I say 8 games for Smitty and KC.

7 for 8 and the one inc was a throw away. Kaep will be great and certainly better than Alex on your fantasy football team, but your captain checkdown comment demonstrates your knowledge of the game.
11-5
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Anyone watch Smitty in KC last night. Glad he's gone he was captain check down All over again. He attempted nothing but check downs to the slot receivers, TE's and backs. I had a complete d�j� vu. Glad we turned the page. Go Niners. BTW I say 8 games for Smitty and KC.

7 for 8 and the one inc was a throw away. Kaep will be great and certainly better than Alex on your fantasy football team, but your captain checkdown comment demonstrates your knowledge of the game.

He did not make one attempt to a WR beyond 5 yards. Hard to miss those. Hahaha what a homer. I don't care about fantasy football and yes he was 7/8 but the throws were easy to complete. Watch the game don't only rely on stats.
[ Edited by ninerfan818 on Aug 10, 2013 at 9:16 PM ]
Anyone watch Smitty in KC last night. Glad he's gone he was captain check down All over again. He attempted nothing but check downs to the slot receivers, TE's and backs. I had a complete d�j� vu. Glad we turned the page. Go Niners. BTW I say 8 games for Smitty and KC.

He did not make one attempt to a WR beyond 5 yards. Hard to miss those. Hahaha what a homer. I don't care about fantasy football and yes he was 7/8 but the throws were easy to complete. Watch the game don't only rely on stats.

Marched all the way down the field. TD was scored. I don't see the problem.

This whole fixation/obsession is bizarre, really.

If these throws are so easy to complete and result in a scoring drive as it did, why doesn't every team do it? Especially the ones without qbs?

By the way...he made one pass to a wr...I think it was more than 5 yards...I know it went for 12 with yac...but who's looking at stats? You're right, he didn't even look downfield on those two screen plays. What was he thinking?

maybe you missed that they scored a td on smith's drive
Originally posted by hofer36:
maybe you missed that they scored a td on smith's drive

Apparently those don't count when the ball doesn't travel over 5 yards to a wr.
Alex talking smack about doubters. 8 years of failure would qualify as a realist more so than a doubter.
Originally posted by fister30:
Alex talking smack about doubters. 8 years of failure would qualify as a realist more so than a doubter.

Gotta blame someone for arguably the worst ball club in the NFL... But it can't be the owners, the coaches, or any of the other players... just the QB.

Anyhow, he looked pretty good on that drive, saw some of that mobility, some pretty good throws...

What a lot of people who think he's a dink and dunk QB won't tell you is that the majority of those passing plays had MAYBE one deep route, all the rest were short to intermediate... No reason to throw 30 yards downfield, risking an INT when you can pick up 5, 6, 10...
Originally posted by mkmasn:
Originally posted by fister30:

Gotta blame someone for arguably the worst ball club in the NFL... But it can't be the owners, the coaches, or any of the other players... just the QB.

Anyhow, he looked pretty good on that drive, saw some of that mobility, some pretty good throws...

What a lot of people who think he's a dink and dunk QB won't tell you is that the majority of those passing plays had MAYBE one deep route, all the rest were short to intermediate... No reason to throw 30 yards downfield, risking an INT when you can pick up 5, 6, 10...
As ive said for a few years now. our HOF QB greats, Rice and a few others said at the end of the day, who cares about stats, just as long as u put W's on the board. For example, they asked Jerry Rice about C. Johnson beating all his records, and his answer was funny as hell. He said, *yeah, well u know records are meant to be broken, but the difference between he and I, is that when i was putting up those big numbers, i was helping my team win championships.*. So basically if smith throws 150- 200yards a game, and helps lead his team to victory at the end of the day, then thats all u can ask for.

With the same type offense, he helped us get to 13-3. I'll take that record, any year.

I mean even with Kaep. If he only gives us a few Td's a game, and doesnt throw on avg for 300yds or more, but helps get us that W. absolutely no complaints here. a Win is a win, no matter by 1pt or 21pts, if he throws for a total of 200 yds or 400yds. Just my two cents.
[ Edited by Jersey9er on Aug 11, 2013 at 4:16 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone