There are 202 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
New Smith? As opposed to the one who led the NFL for half a season last year?

I'm supportive in case you couldn't tell.

Smith showed nothing last preseason, except for one Vernon Davis strike against denver. He looked better tonight than last preseason I thought.

People forget Smith was a downfield passer not that many years ago.

He's still is. Along the way since the days of Nolan and Singletary, he just learned that dink and dunk is another way to get to the endzone too. Not a lot of people remember it, but Garcia did a lot of that when he was here. And that was very effective. T.O made Garcia look better by running after the catch.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Aug 9, 2013 at 9:45 PM ]
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
New Smith? As opposed to the one who led the NFL for half a season last year?

I'm supportive in case you couldn't tell.

Smith showed nothing last preseason, except for one Vernon Davis strike against denver. He looked better tonight than last preseason I thought.

People forget Smith was a downfield passer not that many years ago.

He's still is. Along the way since the days of Nolan and Singletary, he just learned that dink and dunk is another way to get to the endzone too. Not a lot of people remember it, but Garcia did a lot of that when he was here. And that was very effective. T.O made Garcia look better by running after the catch.
Uh no he's not. This not a knock on him but he's obviously lost some zip in his passes since his surgeries. He has compensated for his decreased arm strength by focusing on short to intermediate passes. He can hit the long passes but he has to put his whole body into the throw which takes more time and space.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

That does not look like Alex Smith at all!!!!

Go Alex!!!!!
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Go Alex!!!!!

That was a real pretty drive, even if its just preseason.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Smiths footwork and release are much quicker, and he went through his reads before checking down. Arm-strength looks stronger too. I'll be watching the Chiefs this year no doubt, thank you Sunday Ticket!!!
Smiths footwork and release are much quicker, and he went through his reads before checking down. Arm-strength looks stronger too. I'll be watching the Chiefs this year no doubt, thank you Sunday Ticket!!!

He definitely looked "refreshed" out there, for the lack of a better term.

I wish him well and will definitely stay tuned when our Niners aren't playing.

Go Alex!!!!!

he was pretty damn accurate
that play where he pump faked to throw the lb off was nice
7/8, 68 yards....
My goodness that annoying guy who has to comment on every play on the Youtube video. Alex looks good out there though.
Get us that 2nd round pick Alex!!

Alex looks really good out there. Fisher the #1 pick looks real good. I just watched some of that game on NFL Preseason Live. Their Tackle is good. Alex is definitely an upgrade over what they had.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
What I saw based on that little game highlights clip on nfl.com was he played like he did for us in 2011, in other words, dink-and-dunk style, few yards here and few yards there to keep the drive alive and eating up the clock. This is his style and comfort zone, I just hope Andy Reid understands it and not expect any bombs cos that will never happen.
Originally posted by Rascal:
What I saw based on that little game highlights clip on nfl.com was he played like he did for us in 2011, in other words, dink-and-dunk style, few yards here and few yards there to keep the drive alive and eating up the clock. This is his style and comfort zone, I just hope Andy Reid understands it and not expect any bombs cos that will never happen.

I think he understands it. It's still a big upgrade over what they had.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I think he understands it. It's still a big upgrade over what they had.

Of course, no doubt about it comparing to the crap they had last season. I think if he sticks to West Coast offense, it should be just fine. Also, the Chiefs have a scary RB corp with Jamaal Charles and Knile Davis and if Andy Reid can change his usual style from throwing the ball over 60% of the time to running the ball more, I think the Chiefs will do OK. It will be just like us in 2011 in terms of the offensive side of the ball. It might not be exactly the most entertaining type of football to watch, but it will be efficient and effective.
Sorry to be a downer but preseason means nothing. Let's wait till the reg season before we anoint Alex.
Share 49ersWebzone