LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 249 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by kcfan11:
Alex will play the entire 1st qtr. Pederson says some interesting things here. Should be fun.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/media-center/videos/Coach_Pederson_Breaks_Down_the_Preseason_Game_Plan/5a7a73f2-1458-4b9a-b84d-3c3cf97b6e3b

^ thanks.. that was a good vid. I found Pederson to be intelligent and very likable. He even cleaned up that "best QB for us" bit.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Alex will play the entire 1st qtr. Pederson says some interesting things here. Should be fun.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/media-center/videos/Coach_Pederson_Breaks_Down_the_Preseason_Game_Plan/5a7a73f2-1458-4b9a-b84d-3c3cf97b6e3b

^ thanks.. that was a good vid. I found Pederson to be intelligent and very likable. He even cleaned up that "best QB for us" bit.

He did! The way he mentioned Donnie Avery so much has me super excited. I really like his efforts when he's healthy.

He did! The way he mentioned Donnie Avery so much has me super excited. I really like his efforts when he's healthy.

That's what I thought he meant too when I first read the quote. And I see the same thing about Pederson. Similar to John Harbaugh. Might be a future HC consideration.

The follow up vids of Alex Smith; he seems giddy talking about playing again. Last year's benching had an affect on him. Curious as how positively he would respond to it. I'm thinking back to when Garcia got benched after some horrid games with us initially. He responded by playing some really good consistent football. I think Smith would do the same after the bench.

That's the one thing last year that I regret not seeing. If Smith got back his starting job with the Niners, how much better would he have played, knowing and seeing the dynamic Kaep is right there. Lets see how he does with KC. I don't think their fans will be disappointed with Smith.
Good interviews with both Pedersen and Smith. Pedersen seems very open and genuine for a OC, actually thinking about the questions and giving thoughtful responses. Will be fun to follow two teams this year!
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Aug 7, 2013 at 9:09 AM ]

I wonder if the Saints will go Blitz crazy ?
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

They likely will.. now that they have a new and aggressive DC just itching to try things out with his 3-4.

So, I'm sure you will take great interest in seeing if Alex survives yet another Bounty-Gate barrage.

They likely will.. now that they have a new and aggressive DC just itching to try things out with his 3-4.

So, I'm sure you will take great interest in seeing if Alex survives yet another Bounty-Gate barrage.
from the tid-bits I've heard is that the Saints defense is a gambling defense and can give up big plays if the gamble doesn't go well

so there will be opportunities ...but it's still the first preseason game..and i dont expect anything but fundamentals and scoops of vanilla..but i will watch it still
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Aug 7, 2013 at 9:32 AM ]

from the tid-bits I've heard is that the Saints defense is a gambling defense and can give up big plays if the gamble doesn't go well

so there will be opportunities ...but it's still the first preseason game..and i dont expect anything but fundamentals and scoops of vanilla..but i will watch it still

+1
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

The follow up vids of Alex Smith; he seems giddy talking about playing again.

He does look like he's having a good time. It's good to see. He's a great individual and I really want him to do well there. All he needed was good coaching to be a top-flight QB - I could imagine him catching fire there in KC. And if he does, I've still got a KC sports site board bookmarked so I can go back for a nice healthy round of I-told-you-so's to all the doubters who were hating on the trade when it happened.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
He does look like he's having a good time. It's good to see. He's a great individual and I really want him to do well there. All he needed was good coaching to be a top-flight QB - I could imagine him catching fire there in KC. And if he does, I've still got a KC sports site board bookmarked so I can go back for a nice healthy round of I-told-you-so's to all the doubters who were hating on the trade when it happened.

Just bookmarked one myself and look forward to trying to catch his games. Would be nice if they could be mornings when the 9ers are afternoon and vice versa so I don't have to tape too many. Funny how much I care about some players...Smith being one I would really enjoy seeing succeed. Over the years I followed QBs--Montana, Tarkenton, Kapp, and quite a few others--no matter who they played for. Now I have CK, Smith, Luck, and RGIII...haven't fallen in love with Wilson...probably as he is in the West and in direct competition. Dalton is another I like.

Wouldn't it be ironic if Smith led KC to the Super Bowl? Seriously doubt it this year but it is the NFL! A KC/9er SB would be pain and pleasure!

Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Just bookmarked one myself and look forward to trying to catch his games. Would be nice if they could be mornings when the 9ers are afternoon and vice versa so I don't have to tape too many. Funny how much I care about some players...Smith being one I would really enjoy seeing succeed. Over the years I followed QBs--Montana, Tarkenton, Kapp, and quite a few others--no matter who they played for. Now I have CK, Smith, Luck, and RGIII...haven't fallen in love with Wilson...probably as he is in the West and in direct competition. Dalton is another I like.

Wouldn't it be ironic if Smith led KC to the Super Bowl? Seriously doubt it this year but it is the NFL! A KC/9er SB would be pain and pleasure!

It wasn't hard for me to root against Montana when he played the Niners and it wouldn't be hard to root against Alex if he were playing the NIners today. I don't follow too closely. I keep up on what they're doing, but I don't watch the games. The only KC Montana game I ever watched was when he played the Niners. I wished him well and I wish Alex well, but that's about as far as it goes.
It wasn't hard for me to root against Montana when he played the Niners and it wouldn't be hard to root against Alex if he were playing the NIners today. I don't follow too closely. I keep up on what they're doing, but I don't watch the games. The only KC Montana game I ever watched was when he played the Niners. I wished him well and I wish Alex well, but that's about as far as it goes.

I'm always hoping all QBs do well--even when I'm rooting for them to lose against the niners! As angry as I was that Montana was traded it would not be possible for me to root against the niners...even back then. But I did hope Montana would outplay Young. It made the games more exciting and...weird!

I will wear my 49er Alex Smith jersey to that game if it happens.

Don't get too excited man, let's not forget Andy Reid is their coach, and his Superbowl "window" closed like in 2005.
Originally posted by verb1der:

Don't get too excited man, let's not forget Andy Reid is their coach, and his Superbowl "window" closed like in 2005.

C'mon man! Seriously doubting something, means getting excited?

BTW, I totally respect the guys in here that can root for character players, such as Alex.
Share 49ersWebzone