LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 211 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

smith is a good qb. let it go people, we've moved on. we all know the history and we all know no one will every agree with anyone else on this subject.
Originally posted by verb1der:
Records maybe, but there is no team s**ttier than Oakland!

The only team you can screen pass to death.
what is the Problem with that? a qb is asked to manage a game as good as possible. if screens are the solution, then he did his task very well.

as if it is given that a team gets a win against oakland. the last time i spent a look at the standings, i saw four W with oakland.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
You need a QB ...weird that Nolan and co drafted a QB, but to win you need one..

Nolan probably thought smith can do it by himself and let the OC handle it while he works on the defense

I do give Him credit to strengthen this team and get a foundation to where it was appealing to harbaugh

I'm glad though...cause for a second I thought we would never be back like how we are now...some fan bases have never even sniffed success that our team has already accomplished

Nolan picked Smith because he was a quiet, nice guy who would do what the coach told him to do. He did not pick Rodgers because Aaron was a wild kid who played an erratic sort of game at Cal and was not controllable.

I give Nolan credit for building a decent organization and concentrating on high character in the draft...that's about it. Should never have been given total control as a first time HC...dumbest move York made. Many of us, including Pasodoc and others, really wanted a HOF guy with experience and ties throughout the league to establish credibility for the organization...instead, we had years of dumb.

Smith fell into that mess and wasn't able to rise above it. Rodgers, due to his feisty character, might have done better...or maybe he'd be out of football...LOL...who knows? But now we have a chance to see what Smith can become in a pretty good situation for him. He's not an ideal WCO QB but he's getting there.
Originally posted by communist:

what is the Problem with that? a qb is asked to manage a game as good as possible. if screens are the solution, then he did his task very well.

as if it is given that a team gets a win against oakland. the last time i spent a look at the standings, i saw four W with oakland.

Haven't you heard? Any QB can complete a screen pass! LOL...then they run over the the Kaepernick thread and try to explain his inability to complete short passes. Amazing...
will be rooting for them hard in the playoffs!
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Haven't you heard? Any QB can complete a screen pass! LOL...then they run over the the Kaepernick thread and try to explain his inability to complete short passes. Amazing...
yep, Kindergarten at its best.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by communist:

Hey I don't do that! I'm not one of those posters who obsess about screen plays, nor do I defend Roman for not calling them more often! Geez
Hey I don't do that! I'm not one of those posters who obsess about screen plays, nor do I defend Roman for not calling them more often! Geez

Not said about you specifically but elements of the Anti-Smith herd! If you belong to a herd you can't complain about being branded! LOL!
Roger Craig amassed 1000 receiving yards in 1985... He must have been tired from all those deep passes.
Originally posted by mkmasn:
Roger Craig amassed 1000 receiving yards in 1985... He must have been tired from all those deep passes.

One year

One year

Do you know how rare that is for anyone to do...

I don't think you know. For Walsh to do it with Craig as the first RB to achieved that, gives every indication that Walsh takes the short to medium passing game very seriously. Like a mainstay of the offense serious.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Dec 26, 2013 at 11:30 AM ]
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

One year

I don't think you know.

How can you not with 92 receptions?
  • Jiks

One year

I don't think you know.

So that was kind of the point. Walsh was captain checkdown.
[ Edited by JiksJuicy on Dec 26, 2013 at 12:23 PM ]
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:

One year

I don't think you know.

What about the other years?

This year was a WR transition period
  • Jiks
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:

One year

I don't think you know.

What about the other years?

This year was a WR transition period

NVMD. Don't care. Will just think what I want to think on this subject. Don't know why I even posted. Don't feel like getting nowhere.

Never have said Smith is going to win the SB this year, but I have always felt that I'll let the game be played first. I've heard enough myth's made by people get exposed time and time and time and time again on both sides.

Edit: I will say I think you have valid points but also missing the points that checkdowns can be used to win games as well. It's 50/50 but too much stubborness for either side to admit.
[ Edited by JiksJuicy on Dec 26, 2013 at 12:36 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone